Pete's White Widow - Blackberry - Bubblelicious Grow

Re: Pete's White Widow, Blackberry, Bubblelicious Grow.

Ok, so here is the status:

White Widow = The hairs are about 85% amber to brown. The trichomes seem to be be clear/milky. These might be a noob thing, but I don't see any of them that are any color than frosty white or clear. In terms of bud density, when I gently squeeze one of them, there isn't much give at this point. I get sticky love on my fingers, and then feel guilty. But they don't give much, in terms of being sponge or airy.

Bubblelicioius = the tips on some of the hairs are just starting to turn color, to a light amber. Trichomes are crystal clear.

Blackberry = She went into the flower a week after the other plants. All hairs are still bright white, and trichomes are starting to developing more and more, each time I look.

You can use nitrile gloves when examining the plants so you don't get the stickyness on your fingers and whatnot, infact it's a good idea for cleanliness. Some phenos don't get super dense, but usually you can tell when ones gonna harden up. :surf:

Your current buds look amazing. With how things look in your tent I'd say any seeds that come out of it are like little treasures. You have all prime looking genetics growing and any seeds will be bomb diggity. As Relaxed Lester said, you have probably created something completely unique. One of those seeds could produce a magical wonder of a phenotype that the noone has ever seen. Your future buds are looking bright as well Pete. I'm pretty sure most of the potency will also still be in there. :welldone:

Chopped down the white widow last night. I looked at all of them Wednesday night, and she was ready. However, I read something about doing it right before the lights come on for the plant's day time, so I snuck up on her, and took her by surprise......

WP_20140327_006.jpg

WP_20140327_008.jpg

WP_20140327_009.jpg

A couple of pictures of post trim weed just put up for drying. The yield isn't great, but I guess its my first time, so I should be thankful I got anything at all. Still have three more to harvest.....

WP_20140327_015.jpg

Didn't have the heart to split these two up yet, given they were sitting on top of the plant all snuggled in together for so long.....

WP_20140327_020.jpg

Congrats on the first harvest!! Looks great and wish I could puff one with ya!!

Thanks guys!

Here is the current status. The White Widow and one of the Bubblelicious are in jars curing. The other Bubblelicious is hanging up drying. The Blackberry is still in, tody is day 55 for her, but she doesn't look ready to me. Her trichomes are partly clear, partly cloudy. And the hairs are about half and half white/brown. She looks good though. She has 4 branches that come out to the side, starting from the bottom of the main stem, that look like colas. the entire branch is covered in buds, all nice and sticky. Can't wait to smoke this one. Also, no seeds to be seen on the Blackberry so far. I'm hoping that my theory was correct and the other three plants were exposed to a male for too long. Getting one without any seeds would be nice.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the Blackberry. Note the one with the other plant that was just put into the flower tent. This is another Blackberry seed from the same pack. Its going in much more healthy than the matured one, as I believe I properly fed and watered it. Its already bigger than the matured one, so hopefully that is a good sign that its going to be a better producer. But still, if this Blackberry has the potency, I'll be happy with what I get.

IMG_21506.JPG

IMG_21498.JPG

IMG_214713.JPG

IMG_213113.JPG

Great work Pete! I'm growing some blackberry as well. They were bag seeds but seeds nonetheless. Subbed and pulled up a chair!

Wow buddy! I'm blown away! I am in LOVE with those Blackberry flowers!!! Excellent growing, have some reps. Thanks for giving a detailed report on their progress. Great work!! :bravo:

My apologies for the super long delay. I had a regression in my health, in a big way, and then my wife was sick. The wife is usually the rock on the family, and I am the sick, crappy health one. Last 3 months have been hell, as I got worse, and she got sick, and she needed surgery. Blah!

Anyway, don't want to bring anyone down, I just needed to go bare bones with the operation, and the first thing to go was journal reporting. I also got a couple of very dear, and much respected, friends to help out while the wife and I were both sick.

So, I'll post pictures in a bit. I was wheeled up to the tent regularly, so I was able to get pics, just wasn't able to find the time to post.

Long story short, pending pictures, the Blackberry was a friggin sleeper! It was tiny in comparison to the others, but wound up producing 5 different shoots that were all solid buds. Kind of like having 5 colas, but a bit smaller. In terms of taste and buzz..... All I can say is, it met every expectation I had, which was the only plant that was the case. I've got another in flower ready to come out. I can't wait. The buzz is so nice and body relaxed, with a bit of a head buzz to go along with it. In terms of smell, I dried everything together, then cured 1/4 ounce for 2 weeks, and the the rest for 1 month. The 1/4 was week in smell/taste, and buzz. The 1 month cure was stinky, very pleasant smelling, and the taste was there to match the smell of the fresh week some what. I'm going to start curing all my flowers for a month.

The widow, she was my favorite. She didn't produce in terms of yield, but the potency was there, all the way. So much so, that I just purchased 10 normal seeds, that I intend to gain a mother out of. I love Widow!

I hated the bubblelicious. It was way too head crazy for me. Not too much, but there was no body buzz to go with it. I think I may have pulled it too soon, who knows.

Again, I'll post more data later, as well as pics. I collected it all, just didn't have time to go through it yet.

- Number of grows under my belt: 0
- Seeds
○ 2x Seeds from BuyDutchSeeds.com
○ 2x Bubblelicious
○ 2x White Widow
○ 2x Raspberry Cough
○ 2x Blackberry
○ 3x White Rhino

Thanks for sharing your grow, piperpete. Sorry to hear about your health issues. It sounds like we've got similar tastes. I picked up some Blackberry on our first pilgrimage to Pueblo this Spring, and am hooked. And I hear the rec dispensaries sell the weaker stuff to rec and hold the better buds for medicinal.

I've got some White Widow started, and got my hands on some Northern Lights seeds. If I can't find any Blackberry seeds, I might have to try breeding my own! :grinjoint: I've read it's got some Northern Lights in it, but I've also read otherwise. Also on my future list is Bubblelicious, so I've read your journal closely and am taking notes. :Rasta:

I hope you're on the road to improved health, and all the best to your wife. I'm subbed up to see what happens next. :morenutes:

Well, I can't find pics of the blackberry finished product. I was literally strapped in a chair in massive pain when I was trimming them, so I didn't take many pics. I was just trying to get through the trim the best I could. In the end, my yield was:

Camilla (Bubblelicious Plant 1) = 26.24 grams
Isabella (Bubblelicious Plant 2) = 36.81 grams

Note, The only thing I did different between the two plants was that I added ThriveAlive B-1 (red) at each watering and feeding for Isabella, but not for Camilla. Not sure if that was what made the difference or not.
I never used it on Camilla, unless she was showing signs of stress.

Carla - White Widow = 28.9 Grams
Valentina - Blackberry - 16.32 grams.

In terms of quality, here is my opinion, with general agreement from 5 friends.

Bubblelicious - Way to head crazy high for me. The others also agreed with this. It was all in the head, and made me kind of paranoid. I have a theory on this, which is that I pulled it way to early. My only proof of this is that I ran the remaining seeds in a batch after this one, and pull it at 62 days instead of 55, and the high was spot on with the reviews. Dunno.....

White Widow - This did not disappoint me in the least. The smell, taste and potency was all there, even though there were seeds. This is so far my favorite. I've actually ordered more seeds in the hopes of mothering/cloning. Love, love, love this White Widow.

Blackberry - I'll be honest. This is a very strange kind of high for me. I've smoked plenty of pot in my day, I've never had one that was as mellow, but persistent like the Blackberry is. I mean it gives me a just about instant high, but then never gets super stony. Then, it seems to last a long time. Again, not a heavy stone, so I actually like it. I smoke it during the day, white widow at night. In terms of bag appeal, it has a very unique smell to it, the smell is nice, and the color is is even pretty nice (a green/silver tint color). All in all, I like it.

In terms of potency, I think I totally screwed up every single aspect of this batch. You name it, I did it wrong. Here is the list of things that I screwed up on. I kept a list of lessons learned, as to not repeat next time. Here is the list of things I did wrong.

-Underwatered at the beginning, trying to avoid the "most common newbie mistake - overwatering".
-Adopted a plant from a friend who didn't have room. It came complete with an infestation of fungus gnats. I've gotten rid of them (Gnatrol), but I'll likely not take in plants again.
-Locked up the nutes overfeeding nutes.
-Let the pH stray to far, causing more nute issues.
-Originally I used very small propogation tray pots, and I kept losing seeds/seedlings. I found that 4" shallow pots worked almost 100% of the time.
-Planted a couple of seeds much to shallow.
-Managed to polinate my females, as I didn't identify the males quickly enough.
-At the end, I noticed that the majority of trichomes were popped. This was from overhandling the plants during flowering (patience).
-Packed the soil too tightly in a couple of pots.

Anyway, now that I am back to normal health wise (able to stay vertical), I'm going to push forward with experimenting. Oh, I also need a bigger room, so I'll be getting to work on finishing that up.

Thanks for reading, and apologies for the sudden absence.

I hope you're on the road to improved health, and all the best to your wife. I'm subbed up to see what happens next. :morenutes:

Thanks! I'm back to (my) normal, so able to stand and walk. The wife had to have surgery, and is much better now. Tanks for your warm wishes!~

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom