Petition on WhiteHouse.gov

I signed that a few days after it started. A guy I play COD online with brought it to my attention haha!

Last I checked it had like 45,000 votes, but the site is currently down so I can't check it. Can't wait to hear their response to the petition!

EDIT: Looks like it's back up now. 72,000 signatures

Page still under maintenance. Each time they do that the deadline should extend one extra day. With today technology and the whitehouse website should have the most latest if not best software updating without the need to shut down the page operations. They could do this very so often to block out any additional signatures coming in...

The conclusion I came to is that they don't care what we have to say....just give reelection money to the Whitehouse so they can destroy the western state's economy and hurt the sick....

Here is the response We the People have received from this petition.

What We Have to Say About Legalizing Marijuana

By Gil Kerlikowske, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy

When the President took office, he directed all of his policymakers to develop policies based on science and research, not ideology or politics. So our concern about marijuana is based on what the science tells us about the drug's effects.

According to scientists at the National Institutes of Health- the world's largest source of drug abuse research - marijuana use is associated with addiction, respiratory disease, and cognitive impairment. We know from an array of treatment admission information and Federal data that marijuana use is a significant source for voluntary drug treatment admissions and visits to emergency rooms. Studies also reveal that marijuana potency has almost tripled over the past 20 years, raising serious concerns about what this means for public health – especially among young people who use the drug because research shows their brains continue to develop well into their 20's. Simply put, it is not a benign drug.

Like many, we are interested in the potential marijuana may have in providing relief to individuals diagnosed with certain serious illnesses. That is why we ardently support ongoing research into determining what components of the marijuana plant can be used as medicine. To date, however, neither the FDA nor the Institute of Medicine have found smoked marijuana to meet the modern standard for safe or effective medicine for any condition.

As a former police chief, I recognize we are not going to arrest our way out of the problem. We also recognize that legalizing marijuana would not provide the answer to any of the health, social, youth education, criminal justice, and community quality of life challenges associated with drug use.

That is why the President's National Drug Control Strategy is balanced and comprehensive, emphasizing prevention and treatment while at the same time supporting innovative law enforcement efforts that protect public safety and disrupt the supply of drugs entering our communities. Preventing drug use is the most cost-effective way to reduce drug use and its consequences in America. And, as we've seen in our work through community coalitions across the country, this approach works in making communities healthier and safer. We're also focused on expanding access to drug treatment for addicts. Treatment works. In fact, millions of Americans are in successful recovery for drug and alcoholism today. And through our work with innovative drug courts across the Nation, we are improving our criminal justice system to divert non-violent offenders into treatment.

Our commitment to a balanced approach to drug control is real. This last fiscal year alone, the Federal Government spent over $10 billion on drug education and treatment programs compared to just over $9 billion on drug related law enforcement in the U.S.

Thank you for making your voice heard. I encourage you to take a moment to read about the President's approach to drug control to learn more.

When the country's leader gets in bed with the pharmaceutical companies, do they let him be on top?

Someone needs to start another petition requesting the truth instead of these lies! Answer from obama personally. if this were truly the criteria they used to schedule drugs Alcahol, Tobacco and most prescription drugs would be sched 1 Also would like explanation of how and when we gave the government the ability to go against the wishes of the people? "WE THE PEOPLE" SINCE WHEN DO EMPLOYEES TELL THE BOSS WHAT THE RULES ARE? they work for us don't they?
Personally I havent let anyone control me since I moved away from home, not gonna let'em start any time soon!
need a march on washington.....soon! every citizen needs to stand up and demand the return of the constitution and end the tyranny.

Someone needs to start another petition requesting the truth instead of these lies! Answer from obama personally. if this were truly the criteria they used to schedule drugs Alcahol, Tobacco and most prescription drugs would be sched 1 Also would like explanation of how and when we gave the government the ability to go against the wishes of the people? "WE THE PEOPLE" SINCE WHEN DO EMPLOYEES TELL THE BOSS WHAT THE RULES ARE? they work for us don't they?
Personally I havent let anyone control me since I moved away from home, not gonna let'em start any time soon!
need a march on washington.....soon! every citizen needs to stand up and demand the return of the constitution and end the tyranny.

Ohh, cool, another passionate soul here at the mag!

Welcome to 420 Magazine my friend and I must say your speaking my language.

What all this means is that they are just dancing around the real truth that no matter how you slice it, all these so called down sides can be disputed directly by three words; what about alcohol?

Why does alcohol get such a big green light to ruin lives?

Why does my 7 year old son have to see a commercial that not only claims beer to taste great (not!) but is less filling as well (really? ya think so?) and now that it has only 64 calories, it's good for you too...horse shit!!! And this smug, arrogant, Latin SOB that claims to be "the most interesting man in the world" oh yea...says who?!!!

What? is my kid going to see this when he's a teenager and think it's ok for him to drink and drive because an interesting guy in a beer commercial told him that when he does drink beer he prefers a particular kind? more horse shit!!!

Let me just say, I'm not anti-alcohol because I my self do have an occasional drink in certain social situations and a beer on a really hot day goes down pretty good but for them to be allowed to so stringently promote such a potentially deadly substance is just ludicrous and irresponsible especially when they keep acting like we are all just going to die from smoking pot. what? Don't people die by the thousands every year from alcohol?

I don't really care if people have their alcohol because I believe that each American adult should have the choice to make their own decisions, for better or worse, it's their life and I'm only responsible for mine.

What I do want the establishment to realize though is that the American people just want our government to do is butt out of our personal lives and let us live in peace without fear of imprisonment or worse!

We are Adults, not children and we do not need babysitters to dictate our lives...enough with the "nanny state" shit already!!!

I may have to write a petition my self, posing this question as to why alcoholism is allowed to be so widely promoted when they have to know it's track record of death and the harm it causes to society as a whole.

Even if all they said about our beloved cannabis plant were true, their's no way it would ever compare to the harms alcohol creates!!!

Here is something i found on youtube while just looking stuff up, obama speaks his opinion on this subject.
**If you suffer from depression, you might wanna medicate before watching***:bigtoke:

Will Obama Legalize Marijuana If He Wins Reelection? - YouTube

obama wouldn't be president if he had to live by the laws he's put upon the sick and elderly, even the UN says the law is unfair especially to our youth. obama is a total hypocrit...can't wait to see all white collar criminals put in their own jails and to see big pharma fall...who in their right mind would choose to do morphine instead of a non addictive medicine like cannabis. I would rather my child smoke a dube instead of being put on chemical anti-depressants that make our kids want to kill themselves...example Amanda Todd, bless her. The David Triplett video proves it cures cancer, confirmed by Harvard and San Fran medical research and Israel gives it to their sick for free. I'm so sick of government and their secrets, vote Gov. Gary Johnson and give people a safer alternative!

Back
Top Bottom