Peyton's CS Side Project

PeytonManning

Alrighty everyone, here we go with this now. In this journal, I will be going through the process of making feminized seeds of Holy Grail Kush and THC Bomb, and if I have time I want to make a couple crosses of the two. i have the HGK clone in flower now, and will be cutting a thc bomb clone in a few days, so it'll be a little behind the hgk in the process. I also picked clones to use because i dont want to chance cross contaminating other plants. i will spray the entire clone, collect pollen, and then put the other clones into flower for seed. remember, whatever you spray with the cs solution can not be smoked or ingested.

For starters, my set up is simple. i have a cabinet that holds my HGK clone with one 23 watt cfl bulb, maybe 2 bulbs when it gets a little bigger, but one should be fine.

0225150809.jpg
0225150811.jpg
0225150811a.jpg

an 8 ounce bottle of colloidal silver, bought online. it is 240 ppm

0225150948.jpg

the 8 ounce bottle will be diluted with 32 ounces of distilled water, which should bring it right around 48 ppm, perfect for making seeds. the bulk of the solution will be stored in a 40 ounce amber beer bottle, and the stuff i use will be inside of a spray bottle, duct taped to keep light out, cause light will degrade the cs solution.

24 FEB 15 - HGK clone put into 12/12

when i start to see preflowers, i will start spraying the budsites.

And I wanna give a big thanks to you guys who have helped me along the way to this. Wildjim, cajuncelt, stumped, GD and skunny, and I'm pretty sure a few others that I'm too high to remember as I'm writing this. You know who you are though.

I'm so in. Thank you!! This might be a summer project with an auto. Plus you're doing the HGK, you're the man!!

I've started 2 clones at the same time, and if I waited to turn one until they both flowered, it took another 2 weeks to switch back to male... I also found that if you spray one and not the other when they start 12/12, they'll both flower at about the same time.... One mostly male, one female...
You can make your CS with an old cell phone charger and a couple small pieces of pure silver... I can't remember off hand what voltage and amperage... I've even used sterling silver, and it worked.... If one doesn't have a ppm meter, that's ok..... It's ready when you can shine a laser pointer through the liquid and it leaves a red line in the water.. It's called the Tyndall effect, the silver reflecting the laser beam....
google, grumpy old dreamer

I've seen the tutorials on making it yourself, but wildjim tried it quite a few different ways and he could only get it to 20 ppm. So for me it's just the convenience and I don't have the money to risk trying diy.

Subbing In for some seed learning knowledge...

I have one intentional seed growing girl right now. She is a StinkyPink and the Dad was a single bag seed from a Top Shelf brand from the Dispensary. I want to learn how to generate a supply of seeds for some of my favorite flavors. Thank you for doing this journal.

Thanks for joining in man. I know a few of my friends on here are currently doing this too, so I figured I'd keep record of it for more people to see and get the feel for how easy it is to make seeds and crosses of your favorite strains. I'm on a keeper hunt, so I plan to make seeds of the best, that way I can grow them for years without keeping mothers or buying more at 20 bucks a seed.

...I'm on a keeper hunt, so I plan to make seeds of the best, that way I can grow them for years without keeping mothers or buying more at 20 bucks a seed.

Exactly, couldnt agree more. I can buy a healthy female clone at my dispensary for $8 - $10, grow her until she can generate a clone of her own, which can then be grown for generating seeds. Best of all worlds. You get a crop of the original plant, you get a bag full of seeds identical to her and you can always regrow the plant with out keeping a mother around all the time.

I was given a collection of seeds from the 1980's. A total of about 16 strains. I havent had much luck getting the old beans to sprout. This solution would allow me to grow fresh seeds from any girls I generate from those seeds.

Yeah, i think I remember reading a post about you being gifted a bunch of known and couple unknown strains from the old days. But if you can get them to sprout, this would be an awesome way to preserve the classic genetics

Cool, thanks for joining in on the fun. If you have any info, tips, pics or want to share your CS experience, you can do it here. Just like my playground, it's open to all. This journal is going all the way to harvesting the seeds, so we got some time boys

Back
Top Bottom