Peyton's CS Side Project

Awesome, Glad you found a solution. I've got my garage blacked out really good now, so i can put them in the old veg room for a few days when the time comes.

Did you mix the pollen with the flour?? If the flour is mixed with the pollen, I'm thinking any moisture it absorbs would be transferred to the pollen.. I've used the little packets that are in pill bottles.. You can heat them gently in an oven at 150*f-175*f to be sure they're dry... Flour, somehow, seems like a bad idea to me...
The pollen will last 4-6 weeks when kept cool and dry.... Spraying the plant with plain water will clean up any loose pollen.. It's the best way to deactivate the pollen... That stuff will ride your clothing into your flower room...

I mixed it with flour, but it was mainly for the purpose of making it easier to spread. The rice grains i figure could pull some moisture, but i'll get some desiccant soon. The room that the pollen falls in is cold and dry, and i usually let the pollen sit overnight and collect in morning, giving it a chance to make sure it stays dry. The killer is usually when you forget tiny pieces of plant matter in it. But i chop mine up real good on the glass and make sure it's only pollen i collect

Finally got some clones from the dispensary, and none of them are sexed. 2 from seeds, and 1 I have grown. However I am ready to get started on this project finally. Sadly I am that far behind you guys.
IMG_37848.JPG

Ultimately, this plant will get the treatment, once I know if its a boy or girl. Question. If you its a boy, can you spray it, and it will grow a bud of seeds full of boy seeds? If so, that is acceptable. This plant is from a batch donated to me in the form of a 1980's seed bank of unknown strains. So even if its a boy, we want more of it. Its old school Genetics are untouched by the crazy crosses we have today.

IMG_37823.JPG
IMG_37833.JPG
IMG_37819.JPG

I don't think it'll produce. The males won't grow calyx, which is needed to make seeds. They'll just grow more pollen sacs if anything, and they'll probably still be male pollen only

High Peyton,
I currently have one of my DS Cotton Candy clones in the seeding cabinet and spraying her everyday. when ready I plan on taking a clone of HM Fruit Punch too, to get fem seeds from her too. I do hope GD can set up a more secluded place to pollinate when time comes but either way I'm gonna give it a try.

Good to have you along LB. I've been spraying some HGK and thc bomb clones for about 10 days, so i figure another 10 and i should have sacs. Can't wait to see how many seeds you guys get.

Back
Top Bottom