Peyton's CS Side Project

Alright, just cause i really need to keep these HGK genetics, the smaller of my two clones in tent is now getting sprayed too. It's only 5 days or so into flower, so I'm hoping she'll be okay for it. I just want to make sure i get my seeds.

Yeah, pollinating the clones. That way i can make my HGK, thc bomb, and their cross.

Still trying to perfect the name for this strain. Got a few ideas going. Let me yours a couple out

RPM (real peyton manning) because some dispensary in Colorado named a strain after him, but the strain they picked already has a proper name, so they just rebranded. Mine will be the real deal.

Trying to think of a cool name that can do with mercury, because it's letters on chart is Hg. Holy Grail, so we have that covered. And thc bomb.

I'll probably pollinate it a few times. I'll use some of my stored pollen, and I'll also use the fresh pollen, since the sacs seem to open at separate times.

Alrighty, I've been collecting pollen from the big HGK, as she is opening a dozen sacs a day now.

Here are the others that are getting sprayed, and the other two are the ones who get pollinated.

CS clones
0405151344b.jpg
0405151345.jpg

Pollinating clones
0405151345a.jpg

0405151346.jpg

HGK is on the right in pictures

Gathered up more pollen, threw it in container with a little dash of flour and a couple grains of rice, hopefully that'll help with any possible moisture. Leaving it in the fridge for now, so we'll see if it keeps. If not, the other clones have been getting sprayed twice a day, so they'll be ready with the rest. Can't wait, 3 weeks away from pollination!

I'll take a pic of my HGK today. I've been shaking the shit out of her, and using a little dental pick to pull off opened sacs, so she's getting ugly. And as it turns out from what I've seen, once the sacs are fully formed, you don't need 12/12 lighting. Mine just sits in a bedroom on a sheet of glass. Next to a window.

And i recommend if you can, put your plants on glass surface. Makes collection easy. Shake the plant, pop of sacs, discard the plant matter and scrape the pollen into a pile with razor blade. I then add a dash of flour, cause it'll absorb a little moisture and help the pollen spread better later. I also put in a few grains of rice, cause i figure they put it in salt to draw out moisture, so...

Well, i was looking at my plant thinking to myself, man this thing is getting ugly. Then i remembered, i haven't watered it once since i brought it in the house lol. Stupid me. Out of sight, out of mind.

0409150552.jpg
0409150552a.jpg
0409150553.jpg
0409150553a.jpg
0409150554.jpg

Yeah, they've been popping open about 8 to 10 sacs a day. Not as much pollen as i thought there would be, but it'll be more than enough for what we're doing. Plus, got the others going and they get sprayed twice a day

Yeah. I'll either get a little paintbrush or use the tiny brush that came with my launch box.

I have a question. Once you pollinate the plant, how long do you have to wait before it's safe to reintroduce the plant to the others without risk of cross contamination?

Back
Top Bottom