Peyton's Pineapple Chunk

That pineapple chunk looks nice as hell! Yeah, your Strawberry blue has some legs on her. Maybe it's just the pic but that chernobyl looks like a nice squat plant. I don't think I've had a plant that grew more than a foot above the medium. I like to keep mine flat and low, not sure if I could support a plant that tall. Plus with only having a mars II 400 I don't think I could fit 2 that size under it. I wish I could get a sponsor for a bigger flower light or even a good veg led. Wish in one hand, crap in the other, see which fills up first

I guess I'll top at 5th and use the first two nodes as clones. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on your chernobyl plants. If they yield well I might throw them on the list.

I was reading a piece the other day that said to take clones in flower around the 30 day mark into flower kinda like super cropping, for you and a scrog that would probably work good his look super bushy, He had a lot of bud sites kinda looked like a shrub lol so thats what I was gonna try be my first scrog.
Ya the SB took off real fast, I'm very happy with my PC she's very healthy and hoping my 4 colas will come out nice. The Chernobyl's stayed low all on there own one stretched a little more but there a lanky plant I was thinking male till the white hairs came. I have a 1000 watt and since my MH took a crap out the box they've been under a HPS the whole time so that's some of the stretch. But I can cover 5x5 pretty easy I have 2 LED's I can use if I need more not as nice as your Mars but they'll help get the job done

I'd like to try monster cropping someday. I'm guessing with my water cloning it would 6 weeks to get a flowering clone to root. It would be nice to use one plant that bushy to fill a screen. I might try it with one of them. See how the first HGK does and see if it's worth it to keep it going. Might try a reveg someday too.

The HGK clone survived the night in its new home. The heat is high, mid 90's high, cause it's in my garage with no airflow, but not a single plant shows signs of heat stress. I do give the clone water every 12 hours til it hits rez so root don't dry out in heat. PC is growing like a champ still. Clone is about 5 to 6 inches from CFL, hope that's close enough for now

That sounds like a lot of work. And you know how I feel about work...guess I'll stick with seeds. Plus, I do like a lot of variety, which I can't get from a clone or reveg

Morning update. PC is growing like a beast, she's starting to cover up the top of the solo cup. I figure another week and she'll be heading to her 5 gallon final home. HGK clone is still a vibrant green and slowly growing, I'm guessing it's still laying down a lot of root structure. I give the clone seedling mix twice a day to make sure root doesn't dry before it hits rez, due to temps and whatnot. Still surprised that my garage hasn't given me any bug problems, but I guess that's one of the advantages to an inert medium.

Thanks bro I'm strapping my big Blue down a little today to open up the center I'll get some better pics after she recovers. She is beast I have high hopes for that one and my chunk very happy with the way this has went so far. Sorry about your journal I was really looking forward to following ya on that one.

I'll still be posting in Peyton's journals my progress, just not as often is all.

I kinda like the idea better of chatting about the plants rather then showing in my own dedicated journal. Pics are always nice don't get me wrong. And info on procedures are very interesting to me.

I look forward to seeing further updates from you man.

Those last five bagseed I threw in paper towel never popped. Figured as much with them being flattened and old. So, I threw a few different bagseeds into a paper towel, but these should give me a few plants. I figure if any pop I'll just throw them in 2 liter bottles and do 12/12 from seed, so as to keep small plants that up my yield. Don't want to waste any light, and don't wanna chance running out in dead of winter.

12/12 from seed will yield nice size plants. Depending on the size pot. I did 12/12 in solo cups. Plants got around 12 inch. Under 5g per plant. Tried 2l pop bottles. Got roughly 10-14g 16 inch tall. Tried standard 2 gallon pots and got a zip. Plants almost always got 2 feet + unless I hst for a week during stretch, then I was able to keep them under 18 inch.

A plant will veg under 12/12 from seed for about a moth before mature enough to flower. And every seed will mature different times. If doing a few at the same time. Drove me nuts trying to get all my seeds flowering at the same time.

In the end it still worked out to 3+ months from seed. For a 2 month strain to mature and flower from seed.

In case u didn't know all this already lol thought I'd share that bit.

I had a general idea of the time it took, but I know nothing about the pot size in correlation to yield, so thank you very much for that. I might go a little bigger than a 2 liter with them. And I gotta pop more bagseed cause I forgot about the possible male plants. It'll be nice to try with a dedicated flower room, just gotta tweak the space a little bit. Instead of 2 plants on a cabinet I'll have to build a table in there, but that won't be difficult. Thanks for the heads up, I thought they would have only gotten a foot tall at most. That coulda been a disaster in the making

So I'm thinking I should top the pc at 5th node, let the first two nodes grow out for clones, and then scrog it when flower time comes. Any thoughts? Any fun ideas for a grow style that won't stretch my veg time? Granted it still has about 8 weeks of veg time left, and it's 5th node is coming up now

I would top or either try to FIM at the 5th node, I've seen guys get more than 2 tops but when I tried I must have missed cause my Chernobyl didn't even top. But there's always next time. I think the PC and your scrog you should get some good results . Well we can see who gets more weight I only topped mine once and let her grow out be nice to see a comparison

I've tried to fim once but it just became a topping. But it will be nice to get a comparison of the same plant under different methods. I'm aiming to get more out of it than the 2 oz my sour sky did under the screen. Shouldn't be too difficult cause SS only had 5 week veg, pc will get 8 or 9 week veg.

Back
Top Bottom