pH and vinegar

Gixer86

Hey everybody

How's it going?
My pH level is about 7.8, it's a spring filled well,
I know that I have to get that back down to 6.3-6.5, I've got a 8 week old CBD auto cheese, indoor grow in soil, I've got a couple questions, first I was reading were vinegar will actually lower pH, is that good for the plant?
And I just picked up fabric grow bags, should I transplant it into the bag? it only has 4 weeks to go, I don't want to shock it.
Thank you

Jack

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_090032.jpg
    IMG_20190506_090032.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190505_102935.jpg
    IMG_20190505_102935.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 64
Hey everybody

How's it going?
My pH level is about 7.8, it's a spring filled well,
I know that I have to get that back down to 6.3-6.5, I've got a 8 week old CBD auto cheese, indoor grow in soil, I've got a couple questions, first I was reading were vinegar will actually lower pH, is that good for the plant?
And I just picked up fabric grow bags, should I transplant it into the bag? it only has 4 weeks to go, I don't want to shock it.
Thank you

Jack
You can use vinegar to lower PH without adverse effects to the plant (assuming you don't lower the PH too much! :laugh: ). Are you using soil or coco? Soil is a good PH buffer and, depending on your soil PH, you may find you don't really need to adjust the PH of your water, or have to adjust it very little. I would not use vinegar to lower PH in hydro simply because it's not stable and you end up have to constantly re-adjust PH in the res, but it is safe for hydro, too. The PH-down solution is a different type of acid that is much more stable for hydro applications.

Hi
I started reading threads for a bit and found out it was ok. But I did order the pH down, my mistake it is a Coco mix, it's a canadain tire,home Depot hydro mix, called root farm. Thank you Mr krip

I grew them from seeds, she is a auto flower. She's eight weeks old tomorrow. They say seed to harvest 12 weeks, this is my second time growing, I'm doing much better this year. Lol.

The pH will drift over time, but for coco, which is essentially drain-to-waste (no reservoir), you can certainly use vinegar.

What do you mean, the plant only has 4 weeks left?
:passitleft:
I'm also growing in pots, I have the fabric bags now.
I'm doing this kinda cheaply, if it works. Well then I go get the proper set up. Seasons to short up here to grow outdoors, so I'll try indoors all year round.

It is a small plant. But looks better than last year's. Lol
Thank you I appreciate it.
I've got a white widow auto seedling, eventually I'll put in the fabric bags

Back
Top Bottom