Ph control Question

Purple Goose

Okay just a quick question for the last 2 weeks been water/feeding at 6.8 and every time the runoff always measures at 6.6 and as far as I knew the ph of the soil should go up as the nutes are consumed as they are an acid generally so the plant is supposed to release ph increase cations? is it into the soil so if anything if I water the runnoff should be a bit higher then the ingoing solution? Or am I worrying to much and having a fluctuation of 6.8 in 6.6 out is nitpicking ?

Also to point out... PH buffers which may be in the nuets or water also wear out after a while.. Also the amount of CO2 & oxygen dissolved in your water also change the ph, albeit temporarily, but do effect it.

nitpicking

That ^^^^^^

Add a bit more dolomite next time if you want, but you are still golden.

Those who don't add the dolomite are the ones having problems. LOL

DD

Next mix, increase the lime by 1/3 and see what happens?

It's hard to over lime, but you can. Try the 1/3 increase, but don't go wild.

DD

Actually it seems to be stabilizing at 6.6 as the last few waterings I have been mixing my nutes at 6.4 and run off has been 6.6 which leads me to believe that the amount of lime I have in my soil is buffering and seeking 6.6 on its own well at least till more of the lime is forced out.

okay cool just wasnt sure if I should maybe consider a little more dolomite next time to keep it a touch more stable.

A touch more won't hurt, just don't go crazy. It's hard to, but you CAN over lime.

Runoff of 6.6 ..... You're golden.

DD

Back
Top Bottom