PH & EC question

santiago19

Hi

Recently my plants experienced yellowing from the bottom up a few months into veg running soilles coco mix outdoors, so I'm guessing ph lockout.

I always watered at ph 6.5 or when nutrients its about 5.8. I've never tested runoff because I've always used the color indicator ph kit from ghe.

I went and bought a digital ph meter. I now water the last 2 waterings at 5.3 ph and get a runoff on them of between 6.2-6.4. Is this good, is there anything I need to change? (Looking at this, I'm assuming the runoff wouldve been between 7.0-7.5 for my previous waterings :()

I decided to test the EC of the last plant I watered the EC went in at 0.8 (Cal mag and molasses) and the runoff EC was 1.6, what is this telling me?

don't worry about run off ph. only worry about ph in. coco is hydro rules so you should be ph'ing in at 5.8.
run off ec also means nothing. all you are measuring is the crap it picked up running through the coco.

really dunno about coco and outdoor. pretty much an indoor media here.

Ok so you guys say I shouldn't worry about ph runoff and water at 5.8 next time. I can already tell that the runoff will be in the 6.8 range probably. I think there might be more deficiencies along with the nitrogen? Took a pic of the leaves from 4 different plants. Fuck I don't think I should worry about EC runoff becuase I've never tested that in mmy life. I'm just worried because I want to save my plants its about 20 days before they start to flower
IMG_20200111_181808.jpg

Ok so you guys say I shouldn't worry about ph runoff and water at 5.8 next time. I can already tell that the runoff will be in the 6.8 range probably. I think there might be more deficiencies along with the nitrogen? Took a pic of the leaves from 4 different plants. Fuck I don't think I should worry about EC runoff becuase I've never tested that in mmy life. I'm just worried because I want to save my plants its about 20 days before they start to flower
IMG_20200111_181808.jpg

a whole plant pic is way more useful.
i concur though, that looks like nitrogen.

it's not bad. it's pulling from the lowers to build.
purpling stems can be genetic.
some bigger pots. plants seem large for pot size.
touch more food more frequently. coco grows can get fed a couple times a day in flower
and light.

the lowers often don't get enough light. the plant cannibalizes them as it sees fit.

that's all i got .. :)

it's not bad. it's pulling from the lowers to build.
purpling stems can be genetic.
some bigger pots. plants seem large for pot size.
touch more food more frequently. coco grows can get fed a couple times a day in flower
and light.

the lowers often don't get enough light. the plant cannibalizes them as it sees fit.

that's all i got .. :)
Thanks for the input. The pots aren't that small imo. Two 10 gallon pots and two 17 gallon pots, all of them with the same problems and planted the same time. So it must be something I'm doing wrong. I guess I'll water at 5.8 next time. The thing is from where I am standing the yellowing and brown tipping is moving up the plant fast and they still a month away from flowering

Thanks for the input. The pots aren't that small imo. Two 10 gallon pots and two 17 gallon pots, all of them with the same problems and planted the same time. So it must be something I'm doing wrong. I guess I'll water at 5.8 next time. The thing is from where I am standing the yellowing and brown tipping is moving up the plant fast and they still a month away from flowering
looked smaller in the pic.

Watered them again today at a ph of 5.7 molasses and cal mag at an EC 1.0 and as I imagined the runoff is between 6.4 and 6.7. Im just going to carry on like this irrespective of the runoff value.? (ec runoff 1.6-2.3, whatever tho)

Hi there guys, my own thread, hoping someone would see this without creating a new thread for a simple question.

I'm in the southern hemisphere where in my area I know I'm about one month away from starting flowering. A lot of them are showing their sex well with the white hairs but obviously not in that flowering mode yet.

Will giving a good dose of Bloom Vertilizer (P&K Biogrow Biobloom)often possibly encourage them to flower earlier?

earlier no. better probably.

flowering is entirely dependent on light schedule. yield is dependent on what you give them.

Back
Top Bottom