pH in soil grow

Swainer

tested my runoff today. Ph in 7.1 and the Ph out ( runoff)...4.2 ! Can I simply adjust nutrient ph for the next couple feedings to correct this or do I need to approach this in a diferent way ? I'm growing in approx. 3gal pots miracle grow potting mix ...1x Crown Royale and 1x Big Bud ( couple clones and a Kush seedling as well) Using GH Medi One Organic nutes (gonna switch to Raingrow 4-3-2-) soon as I'm almost out of GH and have a shit tonne of Raingrow. 144x3 Mars Hydro LED Reflector series lighting. Plants appear healthy..Crown Royale has been SLOOOW (from seed )its almost 2 months and only 10" tall (topped once). Reverting Big Bud back from flower as I accidently broke the top 2' of the plant off when attempting to stake it down about a month ago. (made an AWSOME BIG CLONE). Anyhow how concerned should I be ...some say don't worry if your in soil.. BUT I want tot get the most out of my plants. Seems like they never meet my expectations (first time for both these strains AND first time ive ever worried about ph )
Thanks to all who advise

yeah swainer welcome bud i am a soil grower and i never worry with ph heck i use water straight out of the tap mix my nutes in and give it to plants but we have really good water in my location its hard to find mg soil with out nutes so i kinda worry u r over feeding them with all those additives the fundamentals are going to effect ur yield the most i consider nutrients one of our fundamentals so i am sure u r not under feeding it lol if u are wanting more bud from ur plants u need to get bigger/better soil containers at least a 5 gallon maybe a 10 if u have room the more roots the bigger the plant the more bud :) next lets look at ur light the amount of light u give ur plants directly effects the amount of bud ur plant produces more light more bud hopes this help

Nah I'm not over feeding its only my first dose of nutes (above and beyond what is already in the soil)...fed them at approx. 500ppm. Lights are fine, tents fine , exhaust is fine, pots may be 4 gal and their fine, not my first grow by any means just was curious about the ph issue....OR if it is an issue.?
Thanks just the same though

4.2! That's really really low. I thought mine was bad a few weeks back. Always 6.5 in and when plant started telling me it didn't like something. Went as far as leaves twisting and crusting up. At that point in the grow I had only given 1 dose of nutes at 1/4 strength so I knew I wasn't overfeeding. Tested my runoff and 5.2-5.3 and 700ppm! it was. Yep, I had lockout! Flushed with 11 gallons of distilled ph'ed to 7.0-7.1. By the time my last gallon went through the ph was up to 5.8ish. Better but not great. The plant sagged for a while from the water. A day or so after the flush the plant took off on a growth spurt. Mine was with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil. I know know what to do to that soil so it Don't happen like that anymore.

I've not been at this very long but I'm still surprised your plant looks healthy at a 4.2 ph runoff. Maybe someone more professional than I can weigh in here.

Back
Top Bottom