ph issues

crafty 1

can any 1 tell me the recommended value for ph ..ie soil ,coco ,clay balls ,,,,i have a grow in coco ,and im getting yellow leaves every day i was feedin them on bcuzz ,a,b ,,soil booster and bloom with the ph at 6.5 ,,and got told by a pro on ere to use a ph ,at 5.7./6...i have done that and they seem to be getting worst i checkd my ph it was 5.8.and check run off and that was 6.5 ??????i only flushed 2day and noticed the more yellow they getting help sorry 4 waffling ...im thinking of goin back 2 soil never had probs lol :thanks:

well if you are doing hydro it should be 5.8. Not sure if the soil booster used had an affect on it. Most likely you are seeing the affects of having that higher ph at 6.5 , when it should hav been more like 5.8. Even though Coco may look like soil, it is not.....do you flush throughly and you can only just wait to see if it will get better. The leave s that hav already turned yellow will not recover. look for new growth....

im not in hydro i just hand water them but still confused on y the run off higher than wat i put in ,,,,shall i flush 4 a couple more times then add nutes again,,,,,so coco is deffo 5,8 ph level ,,,thanx for ur help dom im a learner lol

yeah coco is a soiless medium so there for its a hydro. and just cuz you are hand feed doesn't mean its not hydro. just kinda means you don't have a feeder....ie: drip system, flood and drain.

.....you could use rockwool and hand feed if you wanted too.

and coco's ph should be at 5.8

next time i recommend a mixture of 60% perlite to 40%coco..............drop the hydroton clay balls . if your gonna use hydroton...just use hydro ton and nothing else. JMHO.

i got perlite mixed in with it but only bout 20 %.dont use clayballs,,i hand water them ,,whats hydroton or jmho lol ima newby lol

my bad(on hydroton) i was reading 2post at one time , lol.....Hydroton is another hydro medium that some use. they are these little clay ball lookin things. My friend uses them and loves that medium over coco. both work great....together on the other hand not so well.
JMHO is an acronym for "just my honest opinion".....

lol no worrys ill let ya now wat i harvest of 3 big bud cheese ,wit messed up ph ....hopfully they gettting better all new growth is a lovely green color and not yellow

Back
Top Bottom