PH keeps drastically rising every day!

Beanhead21

420 Member
Hi guys, I’m new to the grow scene and I’m having major issues with an explosive PH.

I’m currently in week 3 of flower, growing a Peyote Critical plant in a 24L hydro DWC set up in a small 3x3 with LED lights. I’m using the General Hydroponics trio nutes along with a small helping of hydroguard and the Ecothrive neutralise to dechlorinate my water as I’m just using PH’d tap water.

Now I check on my plant daily during lights-on and check PPM and PH, adjusting accordingly to around 5.8. Each day the PH rises drastically to around 8.3. This happens over a 24 hour period and I now believe the plant is showing signs of phosphorus deficiencies (stems are turning purple) as well as stunted growth.
I’ve tried multiple things to battle it, flushing the plant, reducing nutes and increasing nutes but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the essay

Thanks,

TC

Your tap water is probably like mine and buffered heavily. Take a gallon of your tap water and add enough ph down or any acid to bring it down to 5.5. Let that water sit for 4-8 hours and I bet the ph is right back where it was to begin with. You can add ph down every 4-8 hours to bring it down to 5.5 for a week before the water will give in and stay there.
Sorry to say, but if your tap water is buffered that heavily as mine is you wont be able to use it as it is. Get a small $100 reverse osmosis kit and that will solve 100% of the issue.

I dont do hydro/dwc but what I have read on the issue the two previous posters I belive may have it.... I have read that you must allow your water to stabilize.

Way too advanced for me, good luk

That makes sense, thanks for the advice. I’ll take a look to see if I can pick one up ASAP and hopefully that resolves it.

Thanks,

TC
Machine at grocery and gas stations sell RO water

Can be a quick fix till u get an easy RO system

Mine hooks right to a bathroom sink faucet with an adapter..very easy

Back
Top Bottom