PH of run off water 5.0 - 5.5? Problem?

Iguana Man

I'm just under the 3rd week of flowering in a 5 gallon pot comprised of FF Happy Frog Potting soil, coco and perlite. It's probably a ratio of 60/20/20 respectively. My veg state lasted 62 days and I did a ten gallon flush about half way thru that. I've always used ph correct water and this runoff today was after a dose of nutes in 5 qts of water. I used the GH trio of 1/2 tsp Grow, 1 tsp Micro, 1.5 tsp Bloom and 1/2 tsp CaliMagic.

This is the first time I've tested the runoff and it looks to be right around 5.0 to 5.5.

Is this something I need to address? I've got about 3-5 weeks left before harvest.

That link is busted or the website here didn't like it.
I tried replacing the dashes with 420magazine but that didn't work either.

Yup - invalid link with the "--------".

What is the PH of your feed solution before you add it to the pot? How are you testing the PH of the runoff?

What is the PH of your feed solution before you add it to the pot? How are you testing the PH of the runoff?

I don't test the PH after adding the GH nutes as I could have sworn I read the GH nutes don't change the PH. I just get my water to around 6.5 - 7.0, add nutes and water the plant. I test my water and the run off the same way: General Hydroponics PH Test kit.

I don't test the PH after adding the GH nutes as I could have sworn I read the GH nutes don't change the PH. I just get my water to around 6.5 - 7.0, add nutes and water the plant. I test my water and the run off the same way: General Hydroponics PH Test kit.

Oy! That's a problem if you care about PH. GH bottles do lower PH. How much they lower varies with the proportions used.
Always add nute's (including CalMag), then adjust PH last.
My water tap is 7.0. Once GH veg nute's are added, it comes down to 6.3. That's with medium-hard water.

For reference, straight out of the bottle:
Flora Micro = 5.8 PH
Flora Bloom = 3.5 PH (about like distilled vinegar)
Flora Gro = 2.0 PH (!!! battery acid???)

Back
Top Bottom