PH problem: help anyone?

Vinnyd1

Ok so before i water my plants i test the ph levels in the water and its inbetween 6.0-6.5, hpwever, when i water my plants and putmy ph/moister meter in the soil, the ph reads like 8.0 and i use foxfarms happy frog potting soil which is ph balanced. Im also using really waterd down nitrients so why does the ph skyrocket when i water?
Those r the ntirients i use.
Plants are 22 days old

Attachments

• 15521530388051306200158.jpg
    15521530388051306200158.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 1552153113307314273513.jpg
    1552153113307314273513.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 42
Those types of meters are notoriously unreliable for ph readings based on my experience. Is there a problem with your plant that leads you to believ you have a ph problem?

Look for something like this with prices ranging higher and lower than what is showing.

51eBdMbfTUL._SL1500_.jpg

Apera Instruments AI311 Premium Series PH60 Waterproof pH Pocket Tester Kit, Replaceable Probe, ±0.01 pH Accuracy

No i bought it for the sole purpose of not to over pr under water and it has the ph meter built in so i said what the heck let me see the ph but if they are notorious then i feel alot better because i know my water ph level is on point

I had a meter like that,ph always read 7,even when I dipped it in vinegar-declared it junk,and bought a real tester like @Gadfly suggested.

I had a meter like that,ph always read 7,even when I dipped it in vinegar-declared it junk,and bought a real tester like @Gadfly suggested.
I had 2 blue lab pens that reverted to 7, caused me to destroy a crop because I kept trying to adjust the ph when I didn’t need to. Man wasn’t I mad

Don't even concern yourself with the pH of your soil... most people have no idea what that even means anyway. If you simply make sure that every fluid that hits your soil is properly adjusted to 6.3pH, the soil will do what it does and will drift the pH of your container slowly up from the 6.3 that you come in at and it hit every point in the 6.3-6.8 range, just as it was designed to do. Of course the cheap $6 multimeter is not going to be able to give you a good reading anyway, and the only really usable measurement on that thing is to determine where the wet/dry line is so you don't water until it falls down into the last inch of the container.

Back
Top Bottom