Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? compost
If Soil... What Size Pot? 7 week plants in 3 gal 3 week plants in 7gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? CFL 300 actual watts
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68-92
RH of Room/Cabinet? 30-80%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? ?
Any Pests? some little gnats/fruit flies?
How Often are you Watering? 5-7days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? last gave them 1/2gal water each botanicare bloom 20ml/gal carboload 7ml/gal overdrive 7ml/ gal on 2 at week 7
Size or Square Footage of Room? 5x5x5'

i just noticed this on the leaves in my grow room. its affecting 3 out of 4 plants, the 2 at week 7 and one in week 3. its on the fan leaves top and bottom of plant. the leaves broke off the plant easily.
DSCN00307.JPG

DSCN00296.JPG
DSCN00286.JPG

theres shiny lighter areas and tiny black spots leaves are curling down a bit and tear easy

In my opinion it looks like nitrogen toxicity and over fertilizing. You may be on the right schedule for nutrients but since you have only fed it so few times it might not have a tolerance for high ppm and showing damage. As for the dots it resembles mites or thrips. Idk if it is something else but u can faintly make out dots on the bottom of ur leaves. Other than a good flush I don't know how to correct a nitrogen toxicity. Does this strain turn purple late into flowering at 68? R all the same color and recieving same feeding? Have u recently Foliar sprayed?

i never foliar spray cause i have hard water from well and it spots things. and this is my first grow with the strain but the guy who i got it from it was never purple. i wasnt sure about mites cause the tiny black spots are only found inside the bigger spots. but thanks for the reply i will probably not feed any more nutes to the 2 older plants. im not sure what to do with the 2 younger ones. tomorow i will look close for mites

i tried to wipe it off/feel it and it seemed to be in the leaf. i watered the plants today and fed them a very weak nute solution. i thought maybe ph issue, only because i don't have a ph meter.

i put the water through a brita filter idk if it takes much out, i saw that zero water commercial and im thinking it might work for my 4 plant box. like maybe my water has high ppm and with nutes added its too much ppm but idk

Not likely to be a ppm problem if you do not go over the bottles recommended portions. PH however could be an issue, if you can afford one I would suggest you get a PH pen, check out our sponsors, at the very least get one of those under 10 dollar liquid tests or the strips if you have to. PH is important in my opinion.

How is nobody else noticing the obvious. Thats thrip damage. Or Spider mite. Looks more like thrip to me, however both look similar.

All those white silvery spots on the leaves are where a bug bit and sucked out plant juices.

Could it be a mold from not enough light penetration? You state your humidity is 30-80%, that's a big range. Your using cfl's with 300 total watts, is that enough for how many plants you have in your grow space per sq. foot?

wow thanks for all the replies!! omg!!! i just ran in there it was during lights out so i just grabed a leaf and got out. i got my camera and loupe quick and i could see them running away off the leaf fast! that must be why i missed it before i got this pic, and i could see what must be their eggs lots of eggs. idk how i missed this
DSCN00314.JPG

the top most black dot is the mite, the blurry one was dirt on my loupe and on the 2nd or 3rd vein below the mite you can just make out a clear egg

The ones in 7 weeks of flower just wipe off the undersides of the leaves with a wet sponge or towel. Do not spray them as youll taint the buds.

The ones in week 2 should be ok to spray with neem or rosemary such.

If you got pyrethrins you can spray all plants though. Just make sure it is a pyrethrin and not a synthetic version like Permethrin, Resmethrin, or Sumithrin as those will stay on the plant for way too long.

i was gona stat a grow journal but i have a list of about a half dozen things to fix with my box. All thanks to these threads on 420mag i just didnt want to clog up the forum with another crappy grow. my first harvest of 4 plants yielded 1 ounce using miracle grow dirt/ ferts. this is my 2nd try and id guess these 4 plants will give 100g, i def did better with the 2 younger ones so im improving fast. i used to have some lady bugs that found their way into my box but i have no seen one in a while.
i wont be able to make it to the hydro store very soon to get any pest sprays :hmmmm:

got to seal up my homeade box and lightproof it a lil more
got to get an exhaust vent, i been leaving it open during the day to help with heat
need to use a different medium thats not so heavy and wet
need to get ph/ppm meter and install my temp/humidity monitor and probly get a soil moisture tester
need to do my lights up better with a hood or something instead of just hanging them by their power cord (3 lights/cord in a tee shape)
and mabey get a filtration system for my water. (its well water, tastes good but kinda hard water)
and my box needs some kinda bottom (on carpet with plastic sheet atm)

thanks for that jimycricket i will do tomorrow during lights on. i may have pyrethrin spray ill read the label
probly not gona use the spray i have its .7% pyrethrin 5% Technical piperonyl butoxide. idk what that is but it sounds bad and it says do not spray near food

Pyrethrums r good for a quick fix but they can build a resistance over long term. Sns 217 for ur early flower but for ur late there is a video that might interest u on youtube called mighty wash that can be used up to the flush. The guy replicates mighty wash with a battery nodes salt, water, and mr bubble. It's interesting, at the very least if u ever get buried alive in a car u can produce more oxygen. Sorry it was an episode of "bones" my gf was watching lol

thanks for that jimycricket i will do tomorrow during lights on. i may have pyrethrin spray ill read the label
probly not gona use the spray i have its .7% pyrethrin 5% Technical piperonyl butoxide. idk what that is but it sounds bad and it says do not spray near food

Make sure it is spelled exactly Pyrethrin/s. If it is your good to go. The TPB is fine its in almost all pyrethrins. I spray with something similar up till a few days before harvest and TBH I would not sweat spraying it day of harvest

thanks again jimmyC i just opened box again and sprayed them all. just watched the mighty wash vid and a bit of other reading sounds like i should hit them every 2 days to kill the eggs as they hatch. the label said spray 1-2 sec per 1000 cu feet. i got 125cu and sprayed 3 sec hope that kills the bastards and wasnt too much for the girls

Back
Top Bottom