PH question

Bobby44

should my ph runoff be my target goal of 6.5? i water with a ph of 6.5 and the runoff is 6.9, does that mean i should lower the ph in the water enough to compensate for the higher soil ph? should the end goal to be to have a consistent, desired runoff? Or should i just focus on the ph of the water?please help

Runoff PH

should my ph runoff be my target goal of 6.5? i water with a ph of 6.5 and the runoff is 6.9, does that mean i should lower the ph in the water enough to compensate for the higher soil ph? should the end goal to be to have a consistent, desired runoff? Or should i just focus on the ph of the water?please help
My suggestion is that you flush with a 1/3-1/4 strength nute solution PHed around 6.2-6.3. Once your runoff is in the desired range then feed/water it within that range. What type of media/soil you using? Sometimes certain soil needs dolomite lime incorporated into it (esp if you plan on keeping your plant in it a while) to help buffer the soil's PH and keep it stable. for now I suggest you flush. Hope this helps. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom