PH rising too fast - Too much pH down - Nitrate base vs phosphoric base

nonmeofthc

Bit of a neophyte to hydroponics...

Having a bit of an issue with the ph of my reservoir, I feel my ph rise is a bit to fast and I feel like I am adding way to much ph down to try and keep the ph level between 5.5 and 6.3.Adding over 6ml of ph down over the coarse of a week.

Currently using General Hydroponics PH down which is Phosphoric base, while I read the canna is a nitrate base and could stabilize better for my ebb and flow setup. (flood and drain recirculating)

Growing in Canna Coco, using Canna Coco nutes with RO water.

20 gal reservoir only filled to 10 using to following per Gallon:

7ml A+B, 5ml Rhizotonic, 3.3ml Cannazyme

Only have a few seedlings bout 9 days old, I have already completely refreshed my res once and I flushed the coco with a light ph balanced nutrient mix cause I was seeing burned tips on the second set of leaves (first true leaves have some damage as well where the leaf meets the stem), good news it the plants look to have picked back up (new growth looks good)

Ph'd down to 5.8 (took about 5ml) EC at 1.0 on sunday, I have since added 2 more ml of ph down as the ph rise is .1 to .2 a day (right now I'm back up to 6.1).

3x3 tent mars II 700 bout 24 inches above plants
Temps run 71 low when lights off to 81 high normally sits about 77.
RH is 40ish
Res temp hovers from 72-74

I am not using an airstone in the res and I stir the res daily (also thinking about getting a 2nd pump just to circulate the water in the res)

Flood a 2x2 tray once a day for about 15 mins

If I missed any other relevant info let me know I can elaborate further, any opinions are much appreciated!

Can provide pics if it would help!

PH is going to rise in veg. PITA but it means your plants are growing. Before I started using the AN ph perfect, and by using I mean trusting it to do its job and quit worrying about ph, I would use a couple ml per gallon added so I'm not sure you should worry too much about 6ml a week. If you can aerate and cool the reservoir, as well as let your water evap the chlorine before using it, you should have a little more stable ph...a little.

for starters you absolutely NEEED to aerate your res, you can make a manifold wif holes in it instead of airstone you wanna mix air not just create current.
2 canna rhizotonic will drastically raise ph ! use it in flowering (prob not for noobs) find your baseline before you add more stuff!
3 looks like you need calmag dude or you will hit a brick wall very soon also calcium is vital in buffering ph
with nuts mixed @ low strength you would need to add some ph down but shouldnt be much like a single drop per 2l or something
also if you aint got a ppm reader you NEEED one.
you could also try changing to flora nutes as that will give you a different profile.

"i stir the res daily" do you put your head in and blow bubbles too? ;), ps much learning to do you have!
also flooding tray for 15 mins + using coco, am I missing something?

hows dat fo a virgin post! I only hope I'm worthy of the title iv given myself Peace yaal

Back
Top Bottom