PH run of is higher than input help?

eskaban

HELLO ergent help ive started some seeds off and at early stage my soil is pro plus with abit of coco mixed I make a feed at around 5.6 vut the RUNOFF is way higher 7.1 I have tryed halfing my solutions and even lowering the ph but I get a high run off I had to flush at first and gave them time to recover starting it off with this stuff but my plants lookin unhealthy

Pro plus, when i do a search on that it comes up with the caffeine tablets...

Mmm right need better details on soil/compost used please.

Ye 100% coco coir based mediums should be treated as inert & use the same PH value of nutrient/water mix as you would with any other water based hydroponic system on average between PH 5.6 to 6.2 or their about...

As you mention you compost has a small/little amount of coco coir in it does not mean it needs to treated the same as the 100% stuff !

It could be a small % filler with what ever is the rest of the compost blend ?

On the off chance you might find PH value of the compost mix on the bag itself that would help a lot !

It may also mean you might have to treat it like soil/compost mix with a higher PH of nutrients/water ?

On a side note i do not buy in to the whole run off measurement of things, as the first run off measurement is just the leached remains of what has been poured through the medium... the reading will be very different from what ya just put through it, full stop !

Run off is a mildly complex issue & can be hard to explain, i may find it difficult to answer to question asked with out details ?

Ye if it was a simple perlite/vermculite inert medium used run off is a piece of cake to deal with... a compost blend of unknown matter it is much harder...

Back
Top Bottom