pH Solution Question

SweetJane

Hi all.

I made a big mistake and bought the notorious Hanna Checker pH pen a while back. Yes, the thing is a POS, no doubt about it. I have replaced it with a different brand pH tester. I was wondering if I can use the Hanna branded storage, cleaning and buffer solutions with my new pen? (not a Hanna) Are these solutions pretty much the same from brand to brand?

:thanks:

I have the Hanna Ph tester n it works fine for me. Itsnot the pen tho n its really easy to calibrate. As for the Ph buffers/storage solutions, it shouldnt matter what brand it is cus its jus a buffer. Im not totally sure but i dont use Hanna ph solutions/buffers i use some that i get from work n it seems fine.

I have the Hanna Ph tester n it works fine for me. Itsnot the pen tho n its really easy to calibrate. As for the Ph buffers/storage solutions, it shouldnt matter what brand it is cus its jus a buffer. Im not totally sure but i dont use Hanna ph solutions/buffers i use some that i get from work n it seems fine.

Thanks for the reply. I hate mine with a passion, it drifts like crazy. It drifts when I put it in the buffer, ffs! I replaced the batteries, still having issues. I bought it new so the probe shouldn't be the problem.

Glad yours works for you, but a lot of people hate that tester...

Hanna is the worst. I do not know why some people like them so much. It really is a mystery. Blue Lab probably the best nowadays. But you cannot go wrong with NutriDip. TriMeters for the win!

Hanna is the worst. I do not know why some people like them so much. It really is a mystery. Blue Lab probably the best nowadays. But you cannot go wrong with NutriDip. TriMeters for the win!
That's what I bought, a Blue Lab.

I'll be eating rice and beans for the next 2 months but my plants will be happier. :)

You can use the solutions with any meter. Part of the problem with the Hannah meters might be ebay sellers shipping NOS (new old stock). My meter was new in the box. However, the fading and wear on the box indicated long term storage in hot bright conditions. A new meter needs to be "conditioned" by sitting in the buffer solution for at least two hours.

That's what I bought, a Blue Lab.

I'll be eating rice and beans for the next 2 months but my plants will be happier. :)

LOL ..

As for Hanna, i didnt know anything about good/bad meters so i jus got one from the hydro store n they reccommended it. It was abot ~$40 n i had it for about 1 year. So i would say i got my $$ worth.

You can use the solutions with any meter. Part of the problem with the Hannah meters might be ebay sellers shipping NOS (new old stock). My meter was new in the box. However, the fading and wear on the box indicated long term storage in hot bright conditions. A new meter needs to be "conditioned" by sitting in the buffer solution for at least two hours.

We probably bought from the same seller :/

When my Checker drifted all over the map in the buffer solution I knew I was done with it :mad: Some days it would work like a champ, most of the time it took forever to get a reading due to the drifting. I am now using the General Hydroponics test kit, the one that turns colors. Not accurate enough for me, but it's a heck of a lot less frustrating than that stupid Hanna Checker.

My two cents.

I also have the checker by hanna. I thought it was just me being new to growing but now i think my problems might be from that pos.... do not buy one. It Sucks....later

Back
Top Bottom