Ph testing

GreenNation

I just received my Ph Testing kit in the mail!
Im very confused and unsure on how to test and what im testing! I know its water but am i testing the water i put my Nutrients in or runoff or what!
If it is the run off im suposed to thest thwn what if i dont have any run off then what?

I just received my Ph Testing kit in the mail!
Im very confused and unsure on how to test and what im testing! I know its water but am i testing the water i put my Nutrients in or runoff or what!
If it is the run off im suposed to thest thwn what if i dont have any run off then what?

Hello GreenNation!
You want to test the ph of your water mixed with your fertilizers before you give it to your plants. This is just my opinion others might disagree but in soil I always let the container get dry and then water until the point of run off. Don't let the plant sit in the run off waste for long though. Hope this helps good luck.:green_heart:

So, initially you need to check both your water (with any additives) and your runoff. This will tell you what's going on with your media, whether it be soil or otherwise. That way if you water at 6.5 and your runoff is at 7.5, you know that your media is on the alkaline side and you may decide to ammend your media or water with a more acidic solution. Later, once you have a handle on things, you may decide to only check one or the other periodically unless problems arise.

Well i got a 2 gallon pot! I feed 5 1/3 cups ever three days! If i give them six cups the run it off! So i just figure whats 2/3 of a cup right???

Back
Top Bottom