Ph?

Crookedfinger

I've looked around this forum and found alot PH and how important it is, but nothing on what it should be at. I know it depends on the strain, but does anyone have a ball park range for soil. My runoff water is at 5.6 and my nute solution is at 6.4 before I feed. is this OK?

Your soil should be 6.5-6.8... Your soil is low and getting lower. You will start to see problems very soon.. Get some Dolomite Lime and get it into your soil ASAP..

Your soil should be 6.5-6.8... Your soil is low and getting lower. You will start to see problems very soon.. Get some Dolomite Lime and get it into your soil ASAP..

^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^

Get the lime right away. Lowes or HD has it, ~$5 for a 40Lb bag. DO NOT get hydrated lime.

If they don't have dolomite, regular garden lime will work. Powdered is prefered, but the pellets will also work, just a bit slower.

In my area, Lowes has the powdered and the pellets, HD just has the pellets.

DD

DD... have you ever thought about putting together a thread listing the places you get your powders and such... you have a real grasp on it and I think it would be a great thread for the rest of us who are trying to catch up w/you in this area!

+rep for all the great info you share... cheers!

Here is a great article which helped me understand ph and the importance of it, as well as the right levels for growing and how to check..

TDS and pH Explained | BGHydro

I found agricultural lime. Is that the same and ok to use?

It should be, could you give more label info?

LOL, I found 100lb bags of dolomite lime at Tractor Supply for like $10 and was ready to jump when I read the label closer.

It was Dolomite lime alright, but it was HYDRATED dolomite lime and I would have burnt up my garden and all my other plants.

Read the label real close and let us know.

DD

You guys are great... So are the instructions on the bag? Like how much to you use, how do you apply, how long before you see the results, can you over do it, etc?

I got a 6 lb bag of agricultural lime (everyone said it's the same as dolomite, and the label says its for plants.) at a local nursery. The instructions are horrible. They only say 4-5 lbs. covers 100 sq. ft. I have 2.5 gallon pots with fox farms soil and nutes my soil is 5.6 and I need to get it to 6.5-6.8. The lime is of granule consistency not pellets or powder but somewhere in between. Any idea on how to get this to raise the PH of the soil to the desired level most efficiently? Do I dissolve in water, add to the soil directly, mix it in the soil, apply to the top of the soil? Any ideas or advice is appreciated

Crooked, you can either scratch it into the soil or you can let it sit in water for 24 hours then water with it...I personally like to water mine in but also scratch it in for a slower release.. If I was you I would water it in as it does start working a few days faster then if you scratch it in. A TBLS or two into a gallon of water, let it sit ( stirring and agitating) for around 24 hours. Water your plants, and your PH should start moving back up in about 4-6 days... Test the soil PH in about 7-10 days and go from there..... go mix it now and it will be ready by tomorrow night..

Back
Top Bottom