420 Magazine Background

Phaaaze's Multi Strain 1000W HPS Grow 2018

Phaaaze

Backstory:
Hello, I've been browsing and reading grow journals on this forum for over a year and others for many more.
This is my first time starting a grow journal or joining a forum at all, but I've learned so much from reading on this forum I thought why not see what I can give back and continue to learn. Even if no one reads it, its a great way to keep notes for my next grow and how be able to compare my grow notes with ease.

Need To Know:
Germinated: 9/4/18
Method: Soaked 12hr Then Into Soil
Lighting: Veg 400w MH(19/5) Flower 1000w HPS
Grow Area: 4x4 Gorilla Lite Line Tent
Medium: 60/40 Dr Q Herb Mix & Coco Coir
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraSeries
Intake: Bottom Vent Open
Exhaust: 4' Inline Fan
Number of Plants: 1 Gorilla Glue Clone & 18 Seedlings(ATM)

Other Stuff & Random Plans:
I know you probably saw some stuff in the need to know that made you think yeah good luck :laugh: but no as for as intake I have a window swamp cooler right next to the top vent of the tent & the 4' inline fan connected to the cool tube exhausting threw the top vent on the other side of the tent only for veg.
For flowering I will be switching the 4' inline fan to the bottom for intake, putting a 6' inline fan in exhausting cool tube out the top half of the window, and still having the swamp cooler running at 72 in the top vent w two clip on fans.

I'm still undecided on how many plants I want to run I was thinking 5 - 5 gallon smart pots. All the threads I've read say its too much but there also from 2009-2012 so i'm caught between it being outdated and why fix what isn't broke thing. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Pictures: 9/9/18
The Clone & My attempt at canopy training after a kinda failed super crop
Snapchat-1081457836.jpg

Seedling #8(First To Pop)
Snapchat-234634744.jpg

Sorry if its kinda long and for the lack of pictures I have my lights off for another 4 hours. If anyone replies before than ill post an update. If not ill wait 3-4 days and post! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Phaaaze

Pictures from today 9/10/18
GG Clone after failed super cropping and lst. All shoots pointing up and new ones growing!
Snapchat-1079188549.jpg
Snapchat-953654186.jpg

Seedling 8 one day after breaking soil!
Snapchat-64045675.jpg

Seedling #12 Broke soil overnight!
Snapchat-2061914342.jpg

Excited to see how this one goes! Thanks for following along!

Last edited:

Lord Jebus

Interested to see grow in action. Especially the seedlings.

Phaaaze

I in for the show
Glad to have you! Any input on how many to run in the end?!

Picture from a side project unrelated to this journal but I thought they all looked good and deserved some attention!

Attachments

Lord Jebus

Thank you! Any advice on how many to run in a 4x4 under HPS? I'm still undecided!
Well where I am you can have 4 plants. Now I'm having 4 in flowering and 4 mother's in the end. I have friends who can pull 1/4 to 1/2 pounds from 4. And some guys grow 25 and do a sea of green. It's all your choice. That's why I'm doing 4 that have been trained and topped into bushes and vertical 1000 watt for max yield from 4.

TEXOMAGRASS

Glad to have you! Any input on how many to run in the end?!

Picture from a side project unrelated to this journal but I thought they all looked good and deserved some attention!
I'm new to this too but, for a normal grow I would follow the 4 square foot per mature plant theory, so 4- 5 gallon containers. Allows room for a little LST. IMO only

Phaaaze

What’s up my friend. Looking kinda tall on that plant.
It is but I got it when it was already about 18" so I tried to super crop it down a but so when i transplant it I will be burying it about 5-6 in up the stem if I don't like how that looks ill take two cuts and veg them for 2-3 weeks and send them into flower.

Well where I am you can have 4 plants. Now I'm having 4 in flowering and 4 mother's in the end. I have friends who can pull 1/4 to 1/2 pounds from 4. And some guys grow 25 and do a sea of green. It's all your choice. That's why I'm doing 4 that have been trained and topped into bushes and vertical 1000 watt for max yield from 4.
What kind of lighting did he use? 1/2 pound would disappoint me considering the area the 1000w and ive seen people pull half bows with 600w !

Side Note On the side project I posted earlier i thought i dimmed my 600 w ballast down to 50% and thought that is why i wasn't having heat issues... WRONG! Its at 100% no heat issues with a open wing reflector but i'm still going to add a exhaust fan and continue to leave it open during at night when i'm home. I'm surprised the light doesn't bother me when i'm sleep.

BTW: I have my lights off during the day while i'm out and stuff so I KNOW nobody i'm not home to give any sort of light leaks!

Last edited:

Phaaaze

9/14/18 Update

I decided to pull the other 16 seeds. I made the rookie mistake of putting them in my tent with no heating pad and my temps were too low. Roots were showing on most of them.

I germinated 2 Mendos Breath & 2 Alien OG seeds so I'll be running those.(need to update title)

Also I clipped the "super cropped" top because it was so unpleasant on my eyes!
Snapchat-949257459.jpg

Snapchat-2132710191.jpg

Seeds Germinated
Snapchat-258664093.jpg

Fixed Top
Snapchat-756934912.jpg

TEXOMAGRASS

I decided to pull the other 16 seeds. I made the rookie mistake of putting them in my tent with no heating pad and my temps were too low. Roots were showing on most of them[/QUOTE]

Okay so we know I am a rookie- I'm curious as to why you pulled those seeds if they were showing roots. I might have missed something along the way here but I thought that would mean that they were germinating and doing what they're supposed to.

Phaaaze

They were put into soil 9/4/18 after being soaked from 12 hours. It was ten days and only 2 had popped so I dug into one and saw it was only still cracked and turning brownish. Dug into another and it was barley a root. So it was a combination of it growing too slow and me have other beans I wanted to grow.

TEXOMAGRASS

They were put into soil 9/4/18 after being soaked from 12 hours. It was ten days and only 2 had popped so I dug into one and saw it was only still cracked and turning brownish. Dug into another and it was barley a root. So it was a combination of it growing too slow and me have other beans I wanted to grow.
Right on. Thanks for the explaining.

Phaaaze

Update Time!!

Well a lot has changed. I've changed bulbs from a 400w Apollo MH to a 400w Phillips MH! I It puts out 3,000 more lumens than the Apollo. Plus I felt the growth was really slow compared to my 600w Apollo bulb dimmed down to 50.

I've also started lst on the GG#1 & there is another branch growing lower in the stalk so hopefully it catches up in two weeks before she goes to her 7 gallon home!

As far as the seedlings #8 & #12 nothing is really changed they grow soooo slow but they're moving along!

Picture Time!

Seedling #8
Snapchat-943728329.jpg
Snapchat-1696064025.jpg

Seedling #12
Snapchat-727568575.jpg
Snapchat-1142936385.jpg

Last Notes!
I feel S#12 is not doing as well as the #8 but I'm gonna start move it further from the light and reduce the water and see how it goes.
My Goal is 2lbs of quality buds. I will be attempting to mainline 4/5 plants 16 colas each plant. I got the idea from TheFrizz !

Thanks for reading! Again any tips or comments are welcome and encouraged!

Attachments

Phaaaze

Big Update! Before I got my hydrometer I thought my Temps we're 72-75F big mistake they were 81-86 :confused: .
Anywho I'm glad to say I got them at a steady 73-75 at the hottest & coolest part of the day.

Lets hope the growth picks up because it's been slowo_O
IMG_20180920_230320695.jpg
Snapchat-452642436.jpg

Humidity is a little low so, tomorrow I will be looking at ways to increase it just a tad.

Top Bottom