Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

The check on mom and the girls this morning and evening went good, not much to report other than growing. I’ve been so swamped with work deliverables that I won’t be able to get my diy chiller done or my rdwc system setup, both will have to wait for Friday night and al day Saturday. I did say the hell with it and topped the sister to the self-topped clone so they would match. I‘ll top the other two larger clones once they go into the main setup. I’ll clone the tops to make a mother plant (shouldn’t be an issue being only the 2nd iteration of the plant) and one for seeds if all turns out nicely.

Alright, beginning Day 8 of 12/12 and we have the first signs of pistils coming from the growth tips. Went to the liquidation store to get the mini fridge tonight for the chiller and they were closing up at 3:15pm saying I’d have to come back tomorrow. It gave me all the reason to just have a few beers and an old fashioned or two tonight and take it easy. Tomorrow will be DIY day for both the chiller and finishing touches on the rdwc system. I welcome a day inside right now because it’s about 110F outside anyways, I’ll gladly sit in the a/c.

I’m not really sure to do with her, the mother plant, on Sunday when the clones will take her lights for the rdwc system. Do I try bringing her in and out everyday for 12 hrs darkness? Could I just leave her outside without her going back into a vegetative state? My current outdoor light situation is 14+ hrs of daylight and 6.75 hrs of darkness (remainder is considered twilight) and I’m heading towards 14.25 hrs and 6.4 hrs this month as the least amount of darkness. I’m pretty sure just leaving her outdoors is not an option and I’ll just have to bring her in and out. At least I have a spare tent or two for her to go in for lights out.:rofl:

Anyways here’s a few photos of the new pistils and the mother plant.

Well done on the journal @The Phantom :hookah: Keep it up bud!
Thanks, I think at this point I’m more interested in seeing how long it takes her to flower than getting any quantity from her because of that looming Labor Day deadline of needing to have her clones harvested. Luckily, the clones will see the tent tomorrow night or Sunday morning to get some vegetative growth going, (2) are 8 nodes/8” tall and (2) are 7 nodes/5” tall and topped. I also have (2) Ginger Punch autos I just put into soil/media tonight after germinating them the last few days to add a touch more excitement to the mix.

Picked up the “new” used mini fridge and on my way to get the rest of my bulkheads I had a friend buy for me since the company are limiting people to 3. Should be a late night building.
Good luck with the build

Checked in on the clones before head to bed and the roots are out of control. I need to get these ladies into their buckets so they can get going. Good news is I shouldn’t have any issues getting them started in the buckets and waiting for the roots to hit water :rofl:

Mind telling us your cloning technique? What sprayer are those? I build the exact same aerocloner and could only get like 3 to clones out of the 35 site I made. I went back to good ole clonex and coco which had better success.

Mind telling us your cloning technique? What sprayer are those? I build the exact same aerocloner and could only get like 3 to clones out of the 35 site I made. I went back to good ole clonex and coco which had better success.
Absolutely, I’ll even do one better, tomorrow night the clones are going into the setup and I’ll be topping two of them since they’ve grown to that point. I’ll end up cloning the tops so I’ll post what I do and how I do it. I also need to clean out my cloner so I can show you the inside piping at that time too. The sprayers are just 360 misters/sprayers from Home Depot. I needed to get it up and running so I went with what was on hand. I noticed today one sprayer had plugged, so the ones I bought aren’t the best.

To be honest I’ve been lucky when it comes to cloning and can almost seem to get anything to start roots. Not really sure what it is but I think a lot has to do with just leaving things go and not checking constantly (I tend to forget things).

Absolutely, I’ll even do one better, tomorrow night the clones are going into the setup and I’ll be topping two of them since they’ve grown to that point. I’ll end up cloning the tops so I’ll post what I do and how I do it. I also need to clean out my cloner so I can show you the inside piping at that time too. The sprayers are just 360 misters/sprayers from Home Depot. I needed to get it up and running so I went with what was on hand. I noticed today one sprayer had plugged, so the ones I bought aren’t the best.

To be honest I’ve been lucky when it comes to cloning and can almost seem to get anything to start roots. Not really sure what it is but I think a lot has to do with just leaving things go and not checking constantly (I tend to forget things).
im starting to learn that, thanks to pennywise "leaving things alone"

Cool sounds good.. Yeah I made a 35 site aero.. and I had them run like 1 min on and 15 min off.. and only rooted like 3 or 4.. and it took a very LONG timex like 2-3 weeks.. I only used tap water. I'm starting to think its because my basement was too cold. I ended up taking some out of the cloner and just use clonex and coco and it rooted in like 5-7 days. Anyways yeah would like to hear how you do it. Thanks!

Well didn’t get much done today. Made headway on the RDWC and should have it and the chiller done tomorrow night. I’m tired, need a beer, smoke, and veg out on the sofa for the rest of the night.

Here’s the little I got done while I was home today.

@The Phantom how many plants are you putting in each bucket?

1 in each:ganjamon: all 4 totes need to be connected to a 27 gallon reservoir outside the tent.

The 27 gallon totes I have are almost the same footprint as the 17 gallon ones I’ve seen people run, I think about an inch longer in each direction but taller by about 4 inches. I was going to run a 55 gallon reservoir but they were $22 vs. $8 for the 27, easy choice for me. Same thing with my bulkheads, noticed a lot of people go for the 3 inch size for $25-32 a pop vs. the 2 inch ones I bought for $7. That’s why the drainage of all 4 totes is not tied together, 2 totes will have a shared 2 inch drain line to the reservoir. I lose about 20 gpm total by going with (2) 2 inch drains vs. a single 3 inch, I think I’ll live. My real struggle was getting it laid out and plumbed with such little room, not to mention getting (2) 2 inch pvc pipes through a 4 inch exhaust hole in the tent because I couldn't bare to cut my new tent.

make sure you stich it properly If you do cut a new hole. I have to a cut a hole in my tent too as I only have one inline hole and one exhust hole. But the tent is an old on and short. Down the road i was thinking of getting a new one.

@The Phantom are you skilled with elecricity wiring and heaters, Honeywell particulary?

No, I’m not actually handy with electrical work, usually end up getting shocked most times. What do you have going on?
I got this gaget "picture" and when the heater or cooler gets activated with power than i want the heater to start working. The equipments has a ON button and when the power gets activated I still need to press the ON button on the heater.
Trying to buypass this ON button so when power comes to the outlet the equipment just starts working.

Attachments

• 2020-05-23 09.26.26.jpg
    2020-05-23 09.26.26.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom