Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

Hydroguard isn’t made too far from me so I can find it just about anywhere in town, even the Ace down the street has it. I’ve actually been looking into some of their other products they carry for future grows, specifically two called Rhizo Blast and Silica Blast. I hear a lot of hydro people having success with a silica supplement on here.

MC has silica already. you can add more but dosing is different with mc than other lines. there are a few using it but most on MC don't bother.

not familiar with the last one.
I wasn’t familiar with the name either since they were a freebie, I ended up having to look them up on Seedsman’s website and then their own site. It looks like they only carry 5 strains as photos and autos, so hopefully they’ve really focused on their genetics. FYI they claim 2000 gr/plant outdoors for this strain, so I may need to save a clone for outdoors to test that.
MC has silica already.
You are absolutely correct and I won’t be worrying about it for this grow. I do worry a little about the Ginger autos I have outside in the heat; they would definitely benefit from the additional silica for the heat stress. I’m thinking more about future grows where I know I’m going to be pushing nutrient burn the whole grow. I think that’s where the additional silica will really be helpful.

The girls look good this morning and no droopiness, period. :thumb:

pH - 5.9 (looks like you were right HunterNitro with the guess of it dropping 0.1 after the few ml of pH down)
EC - 1.08

Now I’ll really start paying attention to the pH and EC since I know all 4 plants have roots in the water and are taking up nutrients.

As for the seeds that hit water yesterday, the Anubis that sunk right away has cracked just a bit, the LSD sunk to the bottom when I picked up the cup but has not cracked, and all the others are still floating around, unopened. It’s only been all of 14 hours since they hit the drink.

Hey @The Phantom I hope you had and are still having a great weekend. I just got those buckets and lids I ordered and I am very happy at first inspection. Noticed a heavy plastic smell that I will try and wash out but I think my bud should get rid of that anyways?

I also ordered some of those bovada humidity packs (62%). I kept hearing hor great they are from people who press rosin so I ordered some. I had no idea they are reusable????

I suppose you won't need them with your future butane set up but I was curious if you or anyone else had opinions on those. I'm going to pop them in to some of my jars from the auto run. Definitely the pineapple Express and northern lights.

Have a fantastic day. Can't wait to see these ladies take off like a rocket when they get into it!

I would definitely give them a good washing, even try adding some baking soda to the water and leave it in them overnight. My rdwc totes had the same issue, I soaked them in a hot water and Dawn bath. It got rid of most of smell to where I didn’t worry about my plants. Your buds in the other hand, I’m sure you’ll want to get most of the smell out so they don’t take it in during the cure. I’m sure a good soaking and drying out will get rid of it.

That brand humidity pack I don’t have experience but I would say you can’t go wrong with a Minnesota company (gotta represent my home state). I have a similar humidity pack I use for my guitar but I have to fill it. They work great though, my guitar hasn’t warped/cracked in this desert air, yet. They aren’t accurate like the ones you’re getting, kind of all or nothing. They don’t work both ways either, they can only add moisture. It looks like the ones you have a life of 2-6 months depending on the usage and they state the larger/more you use the longer they last.

I took a day trip with an old friend Lucy yesterday so I didn’t get much done at all with the seeds or girls but I did notice last night a magnesium deficiency starting on the big girl that kept wilting. Since I know I have a water change coming I use 1/4 the dosage (like 34 grams) of the Cal/Mag I bought instead of increasing the MC dosage like I’ve been saying I would do. I had noticed yesterday morning a few of her lower fan leaves were showing green veins but the surrounding leaf was lighter green. That night I noticed two of the other plants starting to show the same symptoms on a leaf or two and some of the leaves of the big girl had turn almost completely yellow with green veins. 2 hours after adding the Cal/Mag a lot of the green was coming back already to the yellow leaves and the other, less affected leaves had nearly cleared up. As for the seeds all but the LSD had sunk but all had cracked and I managed to get them into paper towels.

I’ll be posting some update photos in a little while once I’ve had more coffee.

I also ordered some of those bovada humidity packs (62%). I kept hearing hor great they are from people who press rosin so I ordered some. I had no idea they are reusable????

Boveda's are awesome! They truly are amazing and have been using them for at least 6-8 years now? I use the small, medium and large size. Every one of my jars gets one. My big containers get the large one i think its a 67 gram pack and good for like a pound. I have some paks that are 3 years old and still working perfect. It depends on how often you open your jars. You will know when they are done, They will be dry and hard.

Just found another company "Integra Boost" that I will be using this go round instead of Boveda. They are half the price and some large companies use them. Im sure they work the same. Gonna test them out. (62% is the way to go! For flower anyway.)

Yesterday I was able to plant 3 of the 5 beans that had taproots starting. The Anubis started a taproot yesterday but only made it a few mm before stopping. I noticed the membrane still on the taproot so this morning after it not growing more or shedding the membrane, I very carefully took a dull knife and scraped the membrane until a piece came loose. I then used my tweezers to grab and remove it. The K8 that sunk right away and I thought cracked, actually didn’t crack. I gave the shell a good scrapping along the seam to help it out.

Not feeling confident with this two beans and may end up dropping the two strains of cheese I have instead of nothing develops in the next 24hrs.

I was surprised how tough it was coming off for being in a wet paper towel for over 24 hours. Hopefully that’s what was holding the taproot back and it can get going again. The K8 isn’t a big deal since it was a freebie but I was really looking forward to the Anubis. I specifically bought it because of the grapefruit taste it has. I used to get some dank grapefruit buds back home from a guy who’s cousin grew in Oregon and would send him some. Big fluffy buds that were full but an eight looked like a fat quarter. You could lightly push a bud against the wall and it would stick there. Smelled and tasted like one of the sweetest grapefruits you ever ate. I have two other Anubis seeds I could try popping plus some iced grapefruit seeds coming too.

I never liked grapefruit but I live the smell of grapefruit flowers. I actually bought a tree for my apartment when I was younger just for the fragrance! We all have different tastes and it's awesome to be able to grow what you know you love. Those buds do sound nice too

When it comes to bud I’m more of a fruity/citrus/lemon scent type person. I do enjoy a good skunk or cheese, diesel and pine not so much, and definitely not earthy. I also care way more about the taste than the high, always have. I would turn weed away all the time if it didn’t stink regardless of the high. I would mostly smoke one hitters because you would just get a fresh green hit and it was done, no ashy or burnt taste. That’s why I went over to cartridges and sauces, specifically the live resin. You just can’t beat the taste, the high is pretty wicked too. Another personal favorite I need to get seeds of is Fruity Juicy. I bought an eight for a 311 concert back in the day and it tasted exactly like I was chewing on a stick of Juicy Fruit, it blew my mind.

Here’s photos of the three seeds I planted yesterday, same deal as my Ginger Punch autos. I probably won’t show much more of these girls as I plant and sprout them since they hopefully won’t be flowered for a very long time as mothers. I did however want to show these three because of their taproots and something I’ve done for a while germinating. Here’s the photos, see if you can see it:
870EE3A5-11FC-4412-96D4-FD44ABF94AC2.jpeg
62E543D2-1BB9-4A87-B45A-EE500AEF79CE.jpeg
D0EA6348-A64A-4936-8CBA-10774A8309A7.jpeg

Did you notice it? It was easy to spot in two of the photos and a little harder in the third photo. Notice how the taproots are all pretty straight, making it super easy for planting? I’m pretty sure it is because when I put the seeds in a paper towel, I find something to hang or drape the baggy it’s in on. I shoot for around a 45 degree incline minimum but I have hung them vertically from coat hangers in a closet before (living in a Midwest basement and the closet was on the backside of the wood stove room so it was toasty). I feel this gives the taproot a good orientation on which way is down. I just throw the seeds in there and don’t worry which way they are facing, that’s why the taproots all have different bends near the seed. When you lay the paper towel flat in when you see all the twists and turns. It’s from the taproot is trying to find a way through whatever hard surface it’s laying on so it keeps searching around.
Here’s the other two seeds laying on the edge of a tray.
59E57A85-DDA7-481C-BF86-FD51CA5AA417.jpeg

The three seeds I planted yesterday have popped the surface. Still no changes on the Anubis or K8. Did my water change tonight, watered my garden with the wastewater. 75 gallons of fresh water in and 2.5 grams per gallon MC.

pH 5.8
EC 1.24
Temp. 28.0c - This will cool over the next few hours, this is as cold as my tap water gets during the summer.

Also I topped the two plants that needed it, as well as, some trimming of the lower growth on all four. I used the trimmings for clones that went in some of the SunshineMix 4 and perlite after dipped in . I’ll keep these clones for making feminized seeds, if anything for practice if the buds don’t turn out tasty.

28E980F5-FA5C-41CC-B942-5688FAB9A532.jpeg

After the water change and trimming. Still can’t get good photos, this is with the lights off and flash on.

4CD7B5C8-C465-4EB5-B3F6-368DD1C0D66D.jpeg

The clones, trimmed up and placed in Sunshine Mix and perlite. I place a second Tupperware on top to keep moisture in. I think there’s 6 or 7 clones in there.

Hopefully they bounce back pretty quick before I flip them in just under 2 weeks.

Clones look good this morning, no droop. The Anubis seed doesn’t look like the taproot grew but the shell did spilt off so I planted it and will see what happens. I put a few flakes of kelp in the water I gave it (5ml), maybe it will help it get going. The K8 is looking really black and hasn’t cracked yet either. I dropped a Seedsman Gelato OG as a back up. Im still holding out hope that something happens with the other two but if I’m not seeing anything by Friday, I’ll drop one of the cheese strains I have.

pH this morning was up to 6.0, I did adjust it down to 5.7ish (need to let everything circulate a few hours before I’m sure). EC was slightly higher at 1.26, could be from the MC finally dissolving completely. I’ll keep an eye on the plants and it just in case. The girls look healthy with some new lighter green growth appearing. The photo is right after lights off of one of the plants and it’s roots. There’s still not as many roots in the water as I’d like but I would say that is some good growth for 8 days.
387DEF6A-6EFB-49BD-9913-CDE67358AA8A.jpeg

1D0352F2-0957-4896-8C9C-83B39969B724.jpeg

273FB360-9AE8-499E-9988-D201C5052701.jpeg

39345DA5-FE4E-4997-8E84-B2E82FEBE2AA.jpeg

You’re more than welcome to @Greenthumbs42019
I honestly felt like I was talking to myself for a minute there.

Tomorrow I’ll get my rdwc system setup in my tent and filled. I’ll drop the clones in either tomorrow night or the next morning.

I’m not sure what to do with the mother plant now that my clones will be underneath the only decent lights I have for the time being. I don’t plan on ordering the rest of my lights for the other two tents until this fall when I get all three tents running. I guess I could bring her outside each day to get natural light, then put her in one of my two unused tents during the night. Difficult thing is she is currently lights on from 8pm-8am. Maybe I’ll just stick her in my shade garden outside and see what happens. I wasn’t expecting anything from her but to simply provide 4 clones and determine the sex of those clones. She’s served those purposes so maybe I’ll put her out to pasture to live the rest of her days about amongst my peppers.

For now my focus now is to get these clones harvested before Labor Day.
Mind if I sit in ?

It’s new to me as well but I’m enjoying it. I used to be strictly outdoors in native soil, nothing special just some agricultural fertilizer from the local co-op along with the occasional chicken manure. If you have questions on anything you see here just give a shout and I or someone else following along will be glad to answer them for you.

The one thing I really enjoy about this grow so far is the Mega Crop nutrients, it is so simple to use. I’m still learning how to maximize them to their fullest but it has been an easy learning curve. I highly recommend checking them out if you haven’t already.

It’s new to me as well but I’m enjoying it. I used to be strictly outdoors in native soil, nothing special just some agricultural fertilizer from the local co-op along with the occasional chicken manure. If you have questions on anything you see here just give a shout and I or someone else following along will be glad to answer them for you.

The one thing I really enjoy about this grow so far is the Mega Crop nutrients, it is so simple to use. I’m still learning how to maximize them to their fullest but it has been an easy learning curve. I highly recommend checking them out if you haven’t already.
My first grow was outside.
I just stuck two u known seeds in some potting soil and after a month I put them in one of my raised beds next to some sunflowers.
Ended up with a great crop and excellent smoke.
I have been using FoxFarm and just flipped To 12/12 this grow the other day.
I think I should finish with what I started with to be safe.
Definitely going to try it next time.
I ordered some auto flower gorilla glue seeds .

Back
Top Bottom