Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

Picked up some final parts for my DIY chiller tonight. Have to work late pushing out a project deliverable tonight so I won’t be able to finish up and fill the system. Tomorrow I’ll go pick up my Craigslist mini fridge for the DIY chiller, finish setting up, and hopefully get some water agitating by the end of the night.

Anyways I took a quick photo of the mother and clones before getting back to work for the night. Enjoy!

I like your setup. You build that?

Haha that plant was quietly murdered and we don’t talk about it. :rofl: Or it was an “experiment” of the toxicity of PK Booster when eyeballing measurements.

I sure did build it myself, definitely not an original idea, so I can’t take all the credit. I spent a lot of time here looking at setups and landed on this. I plan on making a second (4) tote system and use the two as a flowering tent and a third tent probably with some type of (16) 5 gallon bucket dwc setup for vegging in this fall.

Haha that plant was quietly murdered and we don’t talk about it. :rofl: Or it was an “experiment” of the toxicity of PK Booster when eyeballing measurements.

I sure did build it myself, definitely not an original idea, so I can’t take all the credit. I spent a lot of time here looking at setups and landed on this. I plan on making a second (4) tote system and use the two as a flowering tent and a third tent probably with some type of (16) 5 gallon bucket dwc setup for vegging in this fall.
I was wanting to go DWC. what's the simplest way to go about that?

If you don’t mind the sound of an air pump I would look into the 5 gallon pail dwc setups a lot of members run or better yet look at @HunterNitro and his grow style, very sweet setup. There are several advantages of dwc over the rdwc I use, the biggest is being able to have different strains with different nutrient requirements all growing at once. My setup I ideally need to run the same strain, preferably clones, so they all have the same nutrient requirements. Running 6 different strains at different stages of growth is something I’m pretty jealous of not being able to do without going horribly wrong.

Now pros of rdwc to me are the large water volumes of water means not having to top off buckets everyday and not trying to chase wild fluctuations of pH or TDS. If you have everything dialed in it just runs on autopilot. Right now I spend 5 mins in the morning checking my pH and EC, a few minutes on the girls and go on with my day. I do a water change weekly, when work allows, that takes about an hour right now but I think I can get it under that. Really that’s about it, it’s slightly irritating when I hear soil growers say hydroponics is so much more demanding than their soil grows when really once both are dialed in they require about the same level of effort. I also really like rdwc because if setup right you don’t really need an air pump, I hate the sound of them.

If you don’t mind the sound of an air pump I would look into the 5 gallon pail dwc setups a lot of members run or better yet look at @HunterNitro and his grow style, very sweet setup. There are several advantages of dwc over the rdwc I use, the biggest is being able to have different strains with different nutrient requirements all growing at once. My setup I ideally need to run the same strain, preferably clones, so they all have the same nutrient requirements. Running 6 different strains at different stages of growth is something I’m pretty jealous of not being able to do without going horribly wrong.

Now pros of rdwc to me are the large water volumes of water means not having to top off buckets everyday and not trying to chase wild fluctuations of pH or TDS. If you have everything dialed in it just runs on autopilot. Right now I spend 5 mins in the morning checking my pH and EC, a few minutes on the girls and go on with my day. I do a water change weekly, when work allows, that takes about an hour right now but I think I can get it under that. Really that’s about it, it’s slightly irritating when I hear soil growers say hydroponics is so much more demanding than their soil grows when really once both are dialed in they require about the same level of effort. I also really like rdwc because if setup right you don’t really need an air pump, I hate the sound of them.
I've ran aeroponics before. But I'd rather run like 6 buckets each a different strain. Wait til you see my next 6. They're all different. But I use soil now.

Thirsty ladies, topped them off again last night and I’m down about 2 gallons this morning. I actually went and checked everything out that I didn’t spring a leak! The growth the last couple of days has really taken off as well, now to hope it stays like this once I flip them tonight after a water change.

One a separate note I’ve noticed that since adding the Z7 to my “soup” the roots have become even whiter. I’m not sure if this means it’s more effective than the Hydroguard I’ve only been running up until the other week or if it is the combination of the two.

I used hydroguard for years, and swore by it, it even saved some of my DWC plants before due to high temps and root rot. I switched to RECHARGE and NEVER looked back. My roots were 100% healthier than using hydroguard. I think the hydroguard is weaker, or more watered down, or something. Good to hear they are doing good! Rdy to see them stretch!

I mean it did keep me from having any root issues in my cloner when it was rocking a solid 87-90F water temp! :rofl: I did notice the little bit of film that would build up on the totes/piping with the Hydroguard and 24hrs after adding the Z7 it was killed. For now I’ll keep using both until they run out, then maybe I’ll stick with Z7 and give RECHARGE a try.

Hey I actually pulled off a half decent photo tonight that isn’t yellow looking! (Lights around 65-70% output)
90992CC9-85D6-43D2-986E-26CC8842651D.jpeg

They definitely have put on some growth the last few days and they have the dark green color I was warned about but we’re just going to ignore that and keep trying to burn tips.
:morenutes:

Yea they are def growing now! Ive never tried Z7 but always heard of it. Glad its working for you. Haha tip burn is easy, its finding that sweeeeet spot RIGHT before tip burn where you can see just a smudge of discoloration on the tips. My big girl never clawed, started tip burning on the very top growth tips. I dialed it back some for now. Ill start throwing more after week 4 of flower. Keep up the good work!

They definitely have put on some growth the last few days and they have the dark green color I was warned about but we’re just going to ignore that and keep trying to burn tips.

They’re looking great brother. That’s how I like to roll, burn the tips slightly an roll with it from that.

The clones are moving on up, from Tupperware to Solo cups.:goof:
47AF5625-EB2B-43F6-BF6F-6674A84FC96F.jpeg

142C1DBE-B49D-450C-893A-0267CA55BDA4.jpeg

19DF1471-57FF-4A3F-80D8-5793C070F8FD.jpeg

A05B699D-0CE0-4C6C-9EAB-702F2A2289FB.jpeg

Each clone received a 20ml watering of 1.5ish grams per gallon MC.

It’s photos like the next one that make me feel like I’ve never stopped growing for over a decade. I feel like I’m full tilt back into it, probably because I am.
F304DF10-55CF-4683-ABAE-34FB083A8B4E.jpeg

Next up is calibrating my pH/TDS meter for the month, flipping the bypass valve for my water softener, and doing my water change.

Thirsty ladies, topped them off again last night and I’m down about 2 gallons this morning. I actually went and checked everything out that I didn’t spring a leak! The growth the last couple of days has really taken off as well, now to hope it stays like this once I flip them tonight after a water change.

One a separate note I’ve noticed that since adding the Z7 to my “soup” the roots have become even whiter. I’m not sure if this means it’s more effective than the Hydroguard I’ve only been running up until the other week or if it is the combination of the two.
Why'd you think it sprung a leak, Cause how much water it ate up?

Hey I actually pulled off a half decent photo tonight that isn’t yellow looking! (Lights around 65-70% output)
90992CC9-85D6-43D2-986E-26CC8842651D.jpeg

:morenutes:
Dude. How'd you set that up? Is that a different type of tent?

Back
Top Bottom