Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

Readings after this evening’s water change:
pH 6.0 - I left it high to help uptake some extra magnesium to see if it helps, along with bypassing the water softener during the water change, before I add any cal/mag.
EC 1.46 - I decided to dose at 3.25 grams per gallon MC in case I do end up adding cal/mag since mine contains a good amount of nitrogen in it, lesson learned.

Water temperature was warm, 83F out of the cold tap. I actually took a shower after the water change and didn’t even bother to turn on the hot water faucet.

The vegetable garden received two good soakings of the wastewater, plus I have a 27 and 17 gallon tote outside filled with more wastewater to water the garden throughout the week.

I also played musical chairs with the girls, everyone got moved around and rotated for the heck of it. Lighting timer will be adjusted to 12/12 tomorrow morning. Here they are, all moved around and under 100% power.
700AAED3-0D81-451C-BDC4-FFB03C773AAD.jpeg

Front right is the plant that was not getting as much flow to her from the recirculation line compared to the other 3 and is also the one showing the magnesium deficiency.

Fine I’ll play along Hunter.
B75F6F51-F9B0-4BA1-B4CA-8A858C498CA4.jpeg

The roots are so weird how they seem to mostly be growing wider and not deeper. I can’t help but think how I transplanted them, with the 2’ coil of roots circling the bottom of the net pot, has something to do with that. The entire bottom of the net pot is one solid chunk of roots.

Readings this morning:
pH 6.2 - rising, I have already started to bring it down
EC 1.41 - falling
Water Level - falling

The timer has been set for 7pm-7am, bring on the flowers.

I showed you mine @HunterNitro now show me yours! Not sure why I said that, I’ve seen yours already and they are bigger than mine. :rofl:

I forgot to add my Seedsman order will be here today along with my free GeoFlora samples for something else a little bit down the road. My Dope Seeds order is scheduled to be here Friday. It’s at least something to look forward to during the upcoming holiday weekend, not like I can leave the state without having to quarantine for 2 weeks.

They are looking awesome man! :thumb: Cant believe the size of those plants yet so little roots hanging out of the net :laughtwo:

You mentioned bypassing a softener, are you on city or well water? Our tap water here is TERRIBLE. Like 320+ppm out the tap terrible if you don't have a softener and filter.

Not everyone has a solid 5 gallon pail of roots like you Mike.

It’s been killing me so I need to ask, is your name really Mike Hunt or just your screen name? I didn’t think someone would actually name their kid that but if they did, you have my sympathies, Catholic school would have been hell for me with that name.

My TDS from the city tap water is around the 150-200 range depending on the day. I’ve been having a slight magnesium deficiency in one plant so I figured I would bypass my softener this water change to see if it does anything, along with a little higher pH. I’d rather not have to dose with cal/mag if I can find a better way.

I’ve been having a slight magnesium deficiency in one plant so I figured I would bypass my softener this water change to see if it does anything, along with a little higher pH. I’d rather not have to dose with cal/mag if I can find a better way.

you can dissolve a little epsom salt and add if it's just the mag side you want. can pre-dissolve and strain for adding in rdwc.

Plants look good, roots are white. Something is not right. Has nothing to do with transplanting. I have major root balls that in typical grows would be considered "completely root bound" and in one day the roots are 6 - 8 inches from the ball. I have never experienced this or saw this in DWC and hydro other than root rot. I dont understand why the bottom of the root ball looks discolored other than our talk about the kelp. Are all the roots at the bottom of that ball under water? Its like they dont want to grow in the water. One of your conditions is not correct in your water.

Not everyone has a solid 5 gallon pail of roots like you Mike.

It’s been killing me so I need to ask, is your name really Mike Hunt or just your screen name? I didn’t think someone would actually name their kid that but if they did, you have my sympathies, Catholic school would have been hell for me with that name.

My TDS from the city tap water is around the 150-200 range depending on the day. I’ve been having a slight magnesium deficiency in one plant so I figured I would bypass my softener this water change to see if it does anything, along with a little higher pH. I’d rather not have to dose with cal/mag if I can find a better way.

Just leave those little girls in veg for another 2 months and we'll be busting out tape measures in no time! :laugh:

Haha i've been using this name for a LONG time on a bunch of different message boards over the years and you are honestly the first person to ever ask this. Thankfully my parents had enough sense not to name me Michael Hunt. I have met a few through work though and had a good laugh to myself about it.

I've heard of that. going with unfiltered water instead of supplementing calmag. Curious to see how it works out. Thankfully in DWC you'll find out in a day or so :popcorn:

I about tackled the mailman at the door just now, he’s 2 hours late. I’m happier than a pig in mud right now.

First off, shout out to our sponsor @GeoFlora Nutrients for the free 4lb samples ($13.99 for shipping) and a couple free stickers to boot. I can’t wait to give their product a try. I think it’s going to be easier than MC even with it being two products vs MC’s one. A single application every two weeks is pretty low effort in my books.
61A84CDC-7365-47EF-92E7-8B6C00151844.jpeg

Next is what has been driving me insane the last 6 weeks to get here, but it was well worth the wait.
C64D94C8-D8FF-4771-B8F5-4026B38FA1F7.jpeg

65 more seeds to add to the stash, 15 of which were expected freebies, 5 are unexpected freebies.

The best part, there are more coming Friday, nearly twice as many than today’s delivery.

I’m interested in the nutes as well MG and yup you’re right Hunter, the autos I’ll keep running in the Sunshine Mix. I think I’ll do some side by side of the GeoFlora and MC with a few of the autos just to settle if organics produces better quality buds vs. conventional fertilizers for myself.

Im not 100% sold on autos yet but I am liking the speed they run as something to do while the hydroponics are running photos. Anytime I see a colorful bud I’m almost guaranteed to buy it, along with anything having a sweet or citrus taste to it.

If you think this is like Christmas just wait until Friday comes my friend. :blunt:

Today’s order was from Seedsman. I’m thinking the unexpected Cheese seeds were a “thank you for your patience” freebie.

Friday’s order is coming from one of our sponsors, Dope Seeds. It’s a first for me from them, the shipping is definitely more worrisome than Seedsman. They only guarantee delivery to the US if you let them remove the seeds and repackage them, which I did because I dropped a pretty penny on the order. I definitely wished everyone shipped like Seedsman where I have zero worries about Customs getting ahold of them, that’s all on Seedsman if they do.

Completely agree and I will pay the $16 anytime for them to be in the breeder packs and guaranteed delivery. I have trust issues, and to be honest I have never grew my freebie seeds that have been in the clear baggies due to that. I have probably 25+ baggies of free seeds just as you speak of over the years. My grow style and area doesn't allow for more than 4 plants a year so I make them count and want to know what they are. Who knows I may run a 4 auto soil grow one day or something lol. I like changing things up. Never grew a auto. Cant wait to see what you receive!

It was a huge leap of faith on my part to have Dope Seeds remove and repack my seeds just so they would guarantee them getting here. I rolled with it because after reading their reviews here I didn’t see any complaints or accusations of them swapping seeds.

The OCD in me really likes the little jeweler baggies with all the same looking labels vs the variety of shapes and sizes of the breeder packages. I also really like Seedsman packages that are the regular garden seed type packets, nice and simple. Although I do wish that like garden seed packets they had the planting/growing information on the back instead of the multi language novelty only warning. I already have some of these seeds picked out to send to a friend back home to try out, with the promise of sending more if I can get some feminized seeds of my own going.

Well for only growing 4 plants you make it worth it that’s for sure.

Anyways, lights on a little over an hour ago. We have some good growth 24 hrs after the water change. I have been seeing pistils show up the last week, usually small ones on the lower branches but now I’m noticing larger ones closer to the new growth.
4778C3BA-417A-4B19-8BC0-C82106E01714.jpeg

CFC3C824-FA2C-4836-BCEC-1BBE5B54386E.jpeg

16099A88-3157-4D60-8D85-33F2A0AC8B19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom