Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

A teaser from the outdoor garden this morning while I smoke a jay and have my coffee.
20201001_085815.jpg

Tomorrow I'll start the new journal and give some more details on what is happening with this fall's grow.

Welcome to October everyone.

I will give you a month then you will be saying welcome to the jungle!
A teaser from the outdoor garden this morning while I smoke a jay and have my coffee.
20201001_085815.jpg

Tomorrow I'll start the new journal and give some more details on what is happening with this fall's grow.

Welcome to October everyone.
it's definitely going to be a jungle :bravo:

i'm surprised you don't have a solar panels. if i owned a house and we had the weather you guys have. I would install panels and become self sufficient. save on my $$$$ :blunt:

I almost did. Found the most efficient panels on the market that guaranteed 92% efficiency after 20 years, a 25 year guarantee, and got a quote to install them for my house. I found a 5 year loan to finance the panels and ended up making a spreadsheet to find the ROI. In the end it ended up not working out due to the interest rate, it ended up paying off after 18 or 20 years even with a 30% government rebate. My house is super efficient and even with everything being all electric my power bill is not high enough to justify taking a loan out for solar. It's probably for the best as the manufacturer for those amazing solar panels filed for bankruptcy about 6 months after I did all this work.

i've heard those panels are ridiculously expensive, but i always thought with the gov rebate and the kickbacks it should justify

I thought so too and in fact it would have paid for itself in 10 years and then saved me $2-3k each year after that for the next 15 years, guaranteed by the manufacturer. After year 25 they would not save me as much but still operating at 92% efficiency. I oversized the system to be able to operate a future pool vfd pump and an electric hot water heater for a spa. The quote was $31k to install before a 30% government rebate and a manufacturer rebate as well. I didn't have $20k laying around at the time because I was saving for the ex's engagement ring so a 5 year loan was the only option at a 5% rate and that's what killed everything. It pushed the RIO from year 10 to year 30, 5 years after the manufacturer's guarantee of 25 years. I also wanted to own it outright and have the rights to sell the power to the power back to the electric utility, unlike a lot of the places down here where they want to install their panels on your house, keep the rights to sell the power, and only pay you to rent your roof essentially.

Wow so yesterday the high was 104F, today's is looking like 102. The next week looks like nothing under 100F. Last night I bought some string lights and hung them around the shade canopy. I decided I'm going to see if I can get these ladies to veg. for a week or 2 until this heat goes away then let them flower. That is if they already haven't started flowering yet with the 1 to 2 nights they all have been outside (11:48hrs of daylight). All of this aside they are all taking the heat very well, except 4 transplanted clones are a little droopy.
20201002_125456.jpg

Wow so yesterday the high was 104F, today's is looking like 102. The next week looks like nothing under 100F. Last night I bought some string lights and hung them around the shade canopy. I decided I'm going to see if I can get these ladies to veg. for a week or 2 until this heat goes away then let them flower. That is if they already haven't started flowering yet with the 1 to 2 nights they all have been outside (11:48hrs of daylight). All of this aside they are all taking the heat very well, except 4 transplanted clones are a little droopy.
20201002_125456.jpg
Nice plan of attack and i agree they're looking bang on track

High Phantom, looking good my brother. How does the fall season work - growing outside with the days getting shorter?

Fred I would have preferred to have these ladies ready to go outside a month ago or just after Labor Day. Fortunately the family visiting prevented that which has helped because it has still been so hot. Here in early December I'm still looking at around 10.5 hrs of daylight but I do like these string lights I plan to run for maybe an extra hour or two at night to get a full 12 of light when flowering. Through November I'm looking at lows hitting 50F but sometimes down to 40F, never freezing, that is usually late December and 1 to 2 late nights/early mornings is when it dips down for a few hours.

I don't think I will ever grow outdoors in the summer again, it's just way too extreme even with the shade canopy. I think moving forward I will start my outdoor plants indoors in the summer or winter and get them through veg. then transplant outdoors in late February or just after Labor Day and have then go into flower.

Along side my ladies I have my fall garden started, lettuce, brussel sprouts, carrots, potatoes, peas, a ton of herbs, and even some peppers and tomatillos that I still have flowering from this spring.

Back
Top Bottom