Phantom’s Soil Ginger Punch Auto Grow Journal

Thanks, I’m finally finishing my shade canopy for my vegetable garden today so these girls will go under there as well which should help a bit too. I have the Sea-K from GLN that I’ll give them a shot of. I gave them a misting of neem last night along with my garden as a precaution since I’ve noticed a few critters around but no signs of any issues. I’m pretty sure the 110F heat takes care of most.

I really want to see if these girls will finish in 65 days from seed and what the yields are in subpar conditions.
C4C05EA2-9828-4D96-9149-F71B47E1B823.jpeg

The girls got 1 gallon of 4.0 grams per gallon each with 1/2 the recommended dosage of Sea-K. I think at this point I’ll be feeding heavy and often with maybe every 3 days a good drink of just water because I’m afraid of possible build up due to the crazy evaporation rate here, 110F @ 10% or less RH. I know the Sunshine Mix is considered a soilless media and that it should be feed all the time but my situation may need require special circumstances. I’ll give them a big drink in the evening of pH water followed by a healthy drink of nutrients after, every 3 or so days.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

I've heared over and over again that wiht MC you don't need to mix any other nutrition.

The Sea-K is made by the same people that make MC but you’re right, with the newest formula of MC there is supposed to be no need for addition supplements because it has been very well balanced. I wanted to give it a shot to see if it helps out with the heat a bit and it was a pretty low dosage.

On that note I just got the first rain shower in about 4 months, a whole 2 mins worth of sprinkles, not even enough to wet the ground. You really have to love the desert and the whopping 9-11” of rain we get for the whole year. All of which comes in about 2 rain showers, starting around now to September (monsoon season). The rest of the dozen or so showers we see are just enough to wet the ground. My favorite is when my front yard is sunny and dry but it’s pouring rain in the backyard.

The Sea-K is made by the same people that make MC but you’re right, with the newest formula of MC there is supposed to be no need for addition supplements because it has been very well balanced. I wanted to give it a shot to see if it helps out with the heat a bit and it was a pretty low dosage.

On that note I just got the first rain shower in about 4 months, a whole 2 mins worth of sprinkles, not even enough to wet the ground. You really have to love the desert and the whopping 9-11” of rain we get for the whole year. All of which comes in about 2 rain showers, starting around now to September (monsoon season). The rest of the dozen or so showers we see are just enough to wet the ground. My favorite is when my front yard is sunny and dry but it’s pouring rain in the backyard.

does mc have a foliar schedule as well if not might be a way to induce nutrients other than in the soil. I like to pump it pump it!

I just checked and did not see anything about MC being able to be used as a foliar feed. I do know so if their supplements can be foliar fed. I think my best option would be to find a silica supplement if I plan to keep growing outdoors during the summer but for now I’ll forego it just because I won’t have anymore MJ plants outside until fall when things have cooled off a bit. MC does contain a soluble silica in it already but I believe my conditions may demand slightly more than they provide. Another option, which I’m unsure of when using with MJ as I am with regular house plants, is an anti-desiccant which basically coats the leaves to reduce transpiration.

All this being said, I’m actually really happy with how things have been going for these girls, especially for freebies and heat.

It’s been a minute since I’ve updated this grow.

Im currently dosing 4 grams per gallon MC for the girls, 2-3 gallons each per feeding. The smaller girl takes about a day and a half to dry out, the big girl is being fed everyday. I’m surprised every morning how light the pot is while the other one is still heavy. This makes sense since she is twice the size of her sister but a week behind on flowering.

The pistils on Plant #2 got sunburnt the other day when we hit 109F, actually both plants received sun burn on their leaves this week from the heat. The morning sun is pretty intense and the shade canopy can‘t protect them from the low angle light of the rising sun. I‘ve adjusted the misters to start at 6am to help, at that time it’s usually 95-100F out. I’ve also adjusted the misters to shut off from 10am-2pm, the sun is up high and the shade canopy has it covered. If I leave the misters on for the entire day everything gets a little too wet. The break in the afternoon lets everything dry out before the misters turn back on. Starting at 2pm the misters go back on until 5pm, just like in the morning, the shade canopy can’t cover the low angle light of the setting sun plus it is nice for the heat in the late afternoon. I just started doing this the last two days and it seems to work out well for me.

Day 35 of 65 (#2 on left,#1 on right)
829F987F-838E-4B21-B1E8-02067575B9AF.jpeg

“In the case of Plant #1 you are not the father, in the case of Plant #2 you are the father!” :rofl:

A reminder no training or topping has been done to either plant like I had originally intended. I’ve let these girls grow au naturale this entire time.

Plant #1 now two weeks into flowering, buds are starting to stack and seeing trichomes building. A slight fuel/varnish smell to her when really close up.
0C297C1B-01D0-4A94-95D3-2C90421464DB.jpeg
FC23F36D-D09E-491F-A3CB-5E591253082C.jpeg

456517F3-21AC-4DF9-8245-D6F11D7D1A87.jpeg

AF942985-FF34-4C67-8F1D-CC972A6E91A6.jpeg

FYI the white you see on the lead edges is hard water build up from spending the afternoon underneath the misters the other day while I went to the dispensary.

Plant #2 one week into flowering, in the last day or two it looks like she is done stretching. No smell to her yet and buds are just starting to form.
DFA3EDFB-5998-4556-BBEE-64E7AF64329A.jpeg

0C3F5142-C331-4F55-82BE-4F0433EB5D04.jpeg

2EDAE48A-AB97-44D5-B2E8-692498CD7171.jpeg

E1374AE5-C7D0-46F1-8B43-AFF535ED760D.jpeg

I just pulled the trigger and bought a microscope online today to get a closer look at things, tomorrow night. Should be a fun toy, I had about 20 different things to buy in my cart but one by one I found reasons to why I didn’t need them. A microscope or a loupe was one I couldn’t do without come harvest time.

I use the cheap $4 jewelers loop that has a light on it from ebay. Works really well for what we use it for and it has a light on it so you can get in the plant with it. I have a nice USB microscope that hooks to the computer as well but you have to put bud under it. Couldnt really put it in with the plant due to the cord. Great to look at bud under it that you get from other places. Sometimes its scary to see all the spider mites and things from other places when you buy it lol....

Yeah this one was one of them WiFi/usb “it came from China” portable ones. $25 figured why not. Wasn’t sure about having to download a Chinese app to use it but I have an old tablet I’ll use to load the app onto and use it for taking the photos.

Microscope arrived this morning, it is currently charging, from the time I placed the order to when it arrived...17hrs!

Photos to come tonight once everything is charged and I download the app onto my old tablet.

Day 42 of 65
4.5 gr/gal MC

Both plants now smell of dank skunk when I sit outside and catch the breeze just right from 20’ away. Up close they smell like candied ginger. I’m not expecting much from either since they are growing in dry hot conditions. I’ll start keeping an eye on the trichomes of Plant 1 since she started flowering a week before 2.

Plant 1
EC7BFAAC-32FB-457C-A1FD-4AA06343E709.jpeg

Plant 2
60783E53-9AA9-4B36-93C1-3AAFD70A764A.jpeg

wow girls look great!! got a link to that microscope?

Back
Top Bottom