Pharmacy Oil v Home Grown Oil

Romulus

Twelve months ago I started my prescription of THC/CBD oil in Australia. Being a veteran I have numerous injuries and was basically eating codeine like it was a lolly. I always new the properties of cannabis were great, I suppose the biggest skeptic was my wife who now swears by it, for me anyway. I have managed to rid myself of codeine, all except for a single tablet here and there when my injuries flare up. She has also stated that she noticed I am a lot calmer.

The oil I am prescribed is Tilray. I did some investigation and the only information they would provide me is that they import their extract from Canada. I found this weird as Australia now has a lot of growers and export of canabis products.

The label originally said 10 micrograms per mg of THC and 10 microgramsper mg of CBD. This has since changed to 10.6 mg/g THC + THCA and 10.6 mg/g CBD + CBDA. I have no understanding of the process, but I thought I heard there are about 113 different canibanoids, if this is so, do they really extract all but THC and CBD? I also have a vague understanding that during the extraction process, heat changes the make up, i.e. THC-A to THC, am I right or totally off the path?

What I have noticed is that not all their oil is totally the same regardless of what it says on the bottle. Sometimes a half a mil will rock my socks other times it will only just blur the edges.

So as I now live on a large block, I am considering putting up a greenhouse and growing my own. At the moment we are getting a good 16 hours of sunlight a day, so why not use it. My plan is to grow a predominantly Indica and another of Sativa so I can have two types of oil.

So my question is, should I just grow them hydroponically or should I add something to normal soil. My plan is to clone them once I get a good plant going.

Your best bet would be to grow in a good quality amended soil in fabric pots, at least to begin with and get your feet wet. Then branch out to coco or hydro. If your going to clone, you might need artificial lighting if you plan on keeping them over the winter. Best of luck.

Twelve months ago I started my prescription of THC/CBD oil in Australia. Being a veteran I have numerous injuries and was basically eating codeine like it was a lolly. I always new the properties of cannabis were great, I suppose the biggest skeptic was my wife who now swears by it, for me anyway. I have managed to rid myself of codeine, all except for a single tablet here and there when my injuries flare up. She has also stated that she noticed I am a lot calmer.

The oil I am prescribed is Tilray. I did some investigation and the only information they would provide me is that they import their extract from Canada. I found this weird as Australia now has a lot of growers and export of canabis products.

The label originally said 10 micrograms per mg of THC and 10 microgramsper mg of CBD. This has since changed to 10.6 mg/g THC + THCA and 10.6 mg/g CBD + CBDA. I have no understanding of the process, but I thought I heard there are about 113 different canibanoids, if this is so, do they really extract all but THC and CBD? I also have a vague understanding that during the extraction process, heat changes the make up, i.e. THC-A to THC, am I right or totally off the path?

What I have noticed is that not all their oil is totally the same regardless of what it says on the bottle. Sometimes a half a mil will rock my socks other times it will only just blur the edges.

So as I now live on a large block, I am considering putting up a greenhouse and growing my own. At the moment we are getting a good 16 hours of sunlight a day, so why not use it. My plan is to grow a predominantly Indica and another of Sativa so I can have two types of oil.

So my question is, should I just grow them hydroponically or should I add something to normal soil. My plan is to clone them once I get a good plant going.
Hello @Romulus sorry to hear of your health issues.
I too have some issues I take rso for.
If you have access to rso I'd recommend it for you.
Rick Simpson Oil is the full name.
As far as your greenhouse goes.
Get some good quality soil, best you can find.
Air or cloth pots and some good quality cannabis nutrients to start.

This might help.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom