PhatBlunts GWS,Northern Lights Grow

hey guys well i purchased a Hydrofarm Centrifugal fan at 165CFM in hopes to cool the room, is this enough for the 400w HPS?

also what other steps do i need to set up my ventilation

The fan will help.

DO you have an aircooled reflector? If so vent the reflector out of the room or straight to outside.

If no AC reflector use the fan to exhaust the hot air our near the top of the closet.

Without pictures I cant really help you out with the plant issues. All I can say is check and maintain pH at around 6.4. Don't over water. After 2 weeks start to feed at 1/4 strength and work up. If you are having no luck with you current nute try switching. I had great results with age old grow also grow big by FF.

tell me more about the area being vented.. The setup needs to suit what the situation is. Every grow room has different needs.

The name of the game here is get the heat out of the room...

With a vented hood, an inline fan I would do this..

Use the 165 cfm fan a 6 to 4 inch duct reducer and some 4 inch ducting

Connect all together so that the fan pulls air through the light and sends it through ducting to somewhere outside of the area.

If the room is airtight then you will need to cut passive intake vents so the vacuum created will just naturally pull air into the room. Or get a similiar strength fan to push air into the room as well on the opposite side from where the exhaust is sucking the air out. You want to intkaed air to travel all the way across the room before getting sucked out.

Without more room info/ pictures/ finite details I cant be more specific.

I think McBuds is talking about a setup like this. (Sorry, I forgot to rotate pic. The left side is the top.):Rasta:
100_03822.JPG

This is pretty much how I have my closet set up. Except it's not air tight. I do have to pull back the plastic that covers the doors to allow enough air flow. The fan comes on and off with the light, so I close the flap during dark cycle to keep it light tight. Good luck with your new equipment!

I am glad im in on this one. i just finished your previous grow and can't wait to see this one through. I am definately interested in the number you threw out. 4 oz for 2 plants. I have 2 females out of 8 plants and I can't wait to find out how much bud I have. Also I think that the setup you drew out is pretty much the common knowledge normal generalized idea of a grow box/tent/closet. I have the same setup myself in a generalized sense. I really hope I get at least 4 oz. from 2 plants...LOL...I have been told that it looks like i have that on my plants already...LOL Today marks the 7th week anniversary of flower time for me so I know its time to flush and I know harvest is around the corner!!!
Anyhow I'll be watching good luck and may the juana gods shine their light on you.

Musik \\\vVv/// :nicethread::welcome::bong::grinjoint::popcorn:

I think McBuds is talking about a setup like this. (Sorry, I forgot to rotate pic. The left side is the top.):Rasta:
100_03822.JPG

This is pretty much how I have my closet set up. Except it's not air tight. I do have to pull back the plastic that covers the doors to allow enough air flow. The fan comes on and off with the light, so I close the flap during dark cycle to keep it light tight. Good luck with your new equipment!

LMFAO..I got that set up you have in that drawing.i'll post a pict for you here.or just check my journal. i'm pretty sure theres a pict in there.

Sorry you lost one in the move outside. Was it a GWS?
The one NL looks good and healthy, though. Your flowering bag seed looks great! bulking up now
I know this has been a tough grow for you. I send good karma to turn you luck around!:ganjamon:
Keep your head and faith up. We're with you!:peace:

^^ thanks bro, lord knows i need all the help i can get right now!
also I followed your Drawing and set up my Exhaust Fan. Ran a Dry run and temps were about 78F and the HPS was cool to the touch !!
So..now I need to gather supplies and hopefully get a nice journal going sometime this month!!

funny thing about the bagseed, I had a batch of clones that I didnt even care if they grew or not , but then a friend offered to take care of em since he was trying to root his OG Kush clones(my connect on 1st grow).Well they got mixed up, so that Bagseed? can either be a
Burmese Kush / Grand Daddy Purp / Og Kush / Bagseed

kinda weird but ive only gotten to flower the Og Kush and the bagseed, so far it looks like........ NEITHER !:ganjamon:

NP Phat!
Glad my crude drawing helped you get your temps down. Wow! 78 My temps top out at 85. I think I need more insulation.
Sound like you've got a sweet grab bag of seed. It will be interesting to see what pops up. We can play the guess that strain game!

PhatBlunt, I am a new grower and I have just chopped down my first marijuana plant, i started with seed/indoor and out of 8 plants 3 went female, 1 must have thought it was outdoors still and grew soo enormous i had to chop it down, my ventilation goes like this, I have a Windtunnel fan which is a 4" inline fan is 200 CFM, which supposedly rids the air in my closet, which is about 120 cubic feet, and designed for use in moist areas(made of plastic). I forget the equation but depending on size of space determines how much CFM(cubic feet per minute) you need. I have a Phresh Carbon Filter that connects via 4" flexible aluminum ducting ( i picked up at hydro shop). Now that is the most expensive part, if your space is smaller than mine( width x length x height = cubic feet in area) than the fan you have is fine. Now im not sure what yours looks like but there are inline fans at Menards that are designed to move air in your ducting of your house, im sure those work too. then aluminum ducting from the other side of my windtunnel to the light. aluminum ducting from the other side of light out of my house.
Here is a few pics.
ventilation1.JPG
ventilation2.JPG
ventilation3.JPG
ventilation_4.JPG
ventilation_5.JPG

This last one is of the soffit exhaust it has a "i forget what its specific name is" but it doesn't let air back in, so in the winter months I wont have to worry about cold air coming back in through the hole, same as our dryer exhaust vent.
I hope this helps. I know the Carbon filter and Fan ran me about 400 U.S. Dollars but well worth it. the ventilation system, when properly connected, does 3 things
1. Removes excess heat and humidity
2. cools the light(so you can put it closer to the plants and they can get more light intensity
3. with a carbon filter removes smell.

So the diagram is close but my fan is on the other side of the light pushing the air through the light.

I do have to say that the smell has been strong enough where my brother(his room is next door) sometimes smells it when he wakes up in morning, but only since the plants have been nearing harvest. In fact i spent all last night chopping and in the morning the entire house could smell it LOL

Musik \\\vVv///

NP Phat!
Glad my crude drawing helped you get your temps down. Wow! 78 My temps top out at 85. I think I need more insulation.
Sound like you've got a sweet grab bag of seed. It will be interesting to see what pops up. We can play the guess that strain game!

Yeah I plan on re-veggin her cuz hes looking dank!
Also, the NorthernLights turned out to be a Female ..YAY
so I guess we're both ganna have some NorthernLights to cheif on !!!

ventilation1.JPG

Musik \\\vVv///

^^ shweet set-up bro!

yeah carbon filters are hella expensive

well my space is just a closet, i opened a hole to the attic so the 4" Inline fan blowing the air into the attic was enough to allow air exchange.Also with the closet being right next to a window i just have a fan blowing the cool air into the closet.

I should have a grow going soon bud hopefully you can tag along

Well I fed her a strong mix today so just in case they burn to hell, here are some pics before she got watered

Like I said before this was a clone that got mized with a bunch of diffrent clones, its one of these
Burmese Kush / Grand Daddy Purp / Og Kush / Bagseed

2ahz32g_1_.jpg

ekixol_1_.jpg

eqzhhs_1_.jpg

2hrdgky_1_.jpg

Heres the Northern Lights Female:
2uztfv9_1_.jpg

2ls8par_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom