Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Kill those mites before you flower, it's a nightmare dealing with them in flower.
I know! Well, actually I don't as I gave them a pesticide but from now on it's natural controls, which don't work as well for these it seems, but won't promote money to Big Pharma which was the main principle.
Based on the current use of the product in produce, I am not worried in the least about my health becoming affected by the chemical.

Good news on the bug front.
When I did my cleaning I really got into the utility sink drain with Bleach then water then Ammonia.
They seemed to end up there, but I assumed it was to drink water droplets... and I think they had a colony of birthing females in the drain hence my inability to get rid of them completely.
Whatever the case, as is with many of these types of things, after a thorough cleaning of areas they have disappeared.
It's just too cold anywhere else so knock on wood they won't be hitching any rides in.

I think removing all organic material for a couple of days while detailing did the trick.
With the glass out of the light and it sucking air through, my hope is an added safeguard in case one super bug makes it inside, will hopefully go toward the light and whoosh! or crackle.

Cheers my friend and have a great day!

I overdried the Plasma and will have to buy some more Boveda packs.

I need a way to just chop them off into a little food safe tub to start curing while I get them into Jars.

So I'll get something to put the rest in while I work away at it, along with packs for jars as well as the tub.

I'm really excited to run the Forum GSC, if it truly is the forum cut or another cut we'll see but if it's sold as GSC it better be fire.

The Cotton Candy Kush sounds interesting too and I have another KickFlip, 2, that we have yet to see the flowers of.

Of the last haul the favorite is Dark Plasma yet again. This 13 pheno is perfect. Huge yeilder.
Plasmas all show resistances to mold and bugs (I hear not PM tho, I don't experience PM knock on wood).
Has to be the resin and the way it exudes it onto the leaves during growth.

Going to try something new, going to lollipop up to second rung and I just hope the others are stretchy like the plasma...
Also want to try a bubble bucket for the heck of it. Since temps are what they are, I can make a nice single bucket with Cat Litter bucket and if I like it, can easily build an RDWD with a control bucket. Working at the store that day, I saw everything I would need and I already have the buckets. Would have had to have it built for this run though so I'm going to do a single bucket now I think and next winter try the RDWC.

The other option is to set a little reservoir up and have it flood the tray or top feed, have a catch pan, shallow float switch and pump with a check valve to empty runoff as needed.

Hey buddy sorry to hear about the job. A little trick that works good when your buds start drying to quick during trimming,.. Rubber made tubs or totes. I just put the effected bud right in a sealable tote and they bounce back in a cpl hours. You can add a wet paper towel if its bad.
I like the reciculating warm air idea too, around here to much humidity is never a problem in winter! I have read that you want to run higher temps with co2 though or its ineffective but ive never tried myself.
Sorry for babbling have a goo day all!!:peace:

I hear ya on the DWC. I always think I want to. But I just bought trays for the tents so I'm gonna try to do a top feed. At that point I could switch to Coco and see how I like that. My plants struggle for water in the small fabric containers I hope automating can help me keep them on track better.

I want that PCK to cross with the Malawi but more importantly I want the Purple PCK pheno in both sexes as part of the foundation of my breeding.
Been looking everywhere for "Hashplant" and all along if i'd just saw the write up on PCK I would know it's likely the closest to original Hashplant we'll get in seed form.
So it would be those as a foundation, purple phenotypes in case recessive and if I can get a purple daddy whew boy!
Ace just dropped a fresh batch of PCK Regs...just in time for the holidays:)

I hear ya on the DWC. I always think I want to. But I just bought trays for the tents so I'm gonna try to do a top feed. At that point I could switch to Coco and see how I like that. My plants struggle for water in the small fabric containers I hope automating can help me keep them on track better.
Automation is awesome and I wish I were still doing the flood and drain if not for the height.
I decided to automate with top feed also once funds allow but ya, I love it.
I'm loving pure Coco and it will likely be my go-to medium unless DWC.
I've seen the perlite mixes. heard they are ok as well but need larger pots for the same size plant so I just stick with the pure stuff and I water daily after lights on.
It's pretty sweet with the tray too.
I do top feed (by hand) and it's still such a breeze to pour in a bit from a bucket into each pot, come back in 10 min and use my shop vac to get the excess water from the corner I have it flowing to.
Can't wait to see how yours comes out!
Some of the girls can drink a 3 gallon pot in 12 hours in coco though so I would like to automate myself and give them 2 feeds per cycle min.

Hey buddy sorry to hear about the job. A little trick that works good when your buds start drying to quick during trimming,.. Rubber made tubs or totes. I just put the effected bud right in a sealable tote and they bounce back in a cpl hours. You can add a wet paper towel if its bad.
I like the recirculating warm air idea too, around here to much humidity is never a problem in winter! I have read that you want to run higher temps with co2 though or its ineffective but ive never tried myself.
Sorry for babbling have a goo day all!!:peace:
Thanks!
I did just that!
Went and I got a big rubber sealing container for 7 bucks and put my untrimmed buds (what I could fit) in there and in jars with humidity packs. I already have a good deal trimmed in jars too so i'm getting pretty excited:).
Heck this thing is awesome, I want to get a couple more to use with the larger boveda packs, as soon the buds are dry just clip them into the containers and seal them up, burp and then you get to at least trim at leisure.

Ya here's the bucket I got, it's working out perfectly with the larger boveda packs slowly bringing the moisture back. It still has all the terps too as far as I can tell so if it were even brighter next time even better!

** Last Run Analysis pre-cure I will do my best to remember to do the strain reviews guys, I know I have been lacking there so maybe I will shoot over and do a Dark Plasma review as that one I know well.

Kickflip #1 is a good smoking flower. Not very resinous compared to the Dark Plasma though it's sort of unfair in that comparison. The Dark Plasma is just a resin machine and is always so far ahead of anything in the garden, every phenotype. I can't say it's fair to judge by that alone.
It's perfect in the way it burns, has a berry and fuel smell with an extremely smooth smoke and surprising on the effect. It's a perfect hybrid in that it helped anxiety while also helping depression and motivation. No snap crackle so got a good finish. All of the girls this round are sweeter, maybe due to converting starches to sugars this time at the end better, though I have "flushed" longer by a week before and the smoke was not as sweet/smooth? I know adding sugars doesn't make it sweeter directly, but it could be having some microbial action/acceleration? Maybe the Mammoth P helps it continue to ripen with a faster metabolism, use up those food stores. Just a theory this run was so NOT scientific in that so many variables changed because I needed a "win". - we'll figure out what does what soon enough...

Kickflip 3 has a wonderful blueberry smell/taste when smoked dry in a joint so far. This is my personal head stash as it's a bit more indica feeling and because it seemed further along maybe, it does help get to sleep. Great night time though I need more of that type...

Dark Plasma 13 Clearly the winner of the pack. This particular plant, like the 10, starts to put on weight later but this girl just blew up, each plant yielded over 4oz for what I consider "top shelf", & having hand grenade sized buds around of that type...True gem this girl and the rest go bye bye.
Smoother than the other Plasmas, it has a light pine but really heavy OG/Chem/Fuel smell. The "dirty diaper" smell is gone too, though it was interesting:) Effect wise though It's just so powerful. I want to take her a full 10 weeks and see how she is after that. I may hit my perfect effect while having a great yielder/keeper.

What else...Oh I bought Photosynthesis plus to try next go, smells absolutely horrible and will use it once a week as an inoculant.
I will use Mono Potassium phosphate for bloom boost and the humic acid now and then.
Using my 'extended' Mammoth P, and simple cane sugar to feed the bennies.
Pure Coco.
Should be a good one!

Great News! For Yule we've ordered another Ocean Grown 10 Pack.

The Dark Plasma 13 pheno is just an incredible plant.

I will have it tested for terps and potency soon, but it's just a wonderful OG with a hint of Pine. Sorta like a top shelf grown Ghost OG but better and a huge yeilder! I gotta get some cuts to ppl I trust lol.
I may have just gotten lucky or I was operating at a different level previously, and I've progressed into truly stellar genetics?
I guess the latter is possible, I will know when I flower some of these "elite" clone only cuts.

I think the cross was focused for Hybrid vigor from the 2 most popular plants on the planet (GSC and an improved OG Kush) and what you ended up with is a stretchy, bisexually prone, finicky bunch of girls with a couple of really really nice ones in there too that just seem to stomp anything else in all categories.

So now that I have my 'winner' Dark Plasma medicine and it's stellar, I thought to stay with Ocean Grown and try the Ninja Fruit because after growing that autoflower LSD-25 that turns purple due to anthocyanins going nuts genetically, not an environmental issue like purpling tips or from cold. These go purple no matter what while the leaves stay an odd light green color.

Edit: Anthocyanins are a super powerful antioxidant (Think: Oxygen, oxidation, corrosion == aging).
It's also been postulated the reason that cannabis smokers rarely get lung cancer and never from cannabis alone is due to the overpowering amount of antioxidants, also another anti-cancer component to cannabis.

Here's a pick of the LSD-25 to show what I mean, every bud is like this through the core and the anthocyanins are very good for you as well.
*These are older and Autoflower, why I do not have cuts. The grow can be seen in my Autoflower Canna Bonanza Journal. Here where I live currently ppl don't have anything like this or have even seen it. Some barely know about it and that's talking with a supposed clone guy lol.
...so if I can get the Ninja Fruit Purple pheno like this girl (or PCK later) I will be one up, happy and healthier (plus lets be honest who this is truly for ;) Happy wife...

I think I got some beans for Yule too...fingers crossed maybe "the one" :) Those will have come from Seedsman, a highly recommended bank as I used them a lot previously, always paid more for breeder packs and they come quick, serials numbered and in breeder packs. That and it's like a Buckey's gas station in that you can literally buy anything just about lol.

I will know later tonight:)

For those unfamiliar with pre-judeo christian rituals,
I performed an old celtic ceremony in which I welcomed and "captured" the sun upon it's rising after the longest night of the year (last night). My spirituality is very personal and non dogmatic. I was raised catholic and while studying comparative religion for about a decade, have my own thoughts and beliefs that find truth in all doctrines.
- enough of that, don't want to lose half of my audience:) (It's relevant as it's a way for me to use cannabis and gardening to become in tune with nature again. Something I used to follow pretty regularly.)

I captured the sunrise with my Dark Plasma 13 reset mom for about 10 minutes this morning. Give a little loving energy to my girl and bless her for the coming year.

Just glad to have ordered the Ninja Fruit by Ocean Grown for Aurora so she can have her purple pheno and I can enjoy the health benefits as well.

Side note...lighting. While I want to make the move to LED I found an interesting compromise.

You can buy Air Cooled Double Ended hoods that will fit DE HPS, DE CMH etc depending on your ballast.

...PLUS I'm dying to see how the Ceramic HPS kits do as nobody that I can find as of yet is showing them off???
Ceramic HPS™ Lamp Ballast Kit | EYE Hortilux

I think this kit uses a Mogul socket but the DE 630 CMH kits are able to run air cooled in a DE air cooled reflector.

Look at the Spectra provided by the CHPS!!:
Ceramic HPS | EYE Hortilux

So, If the intensity is there, I'm on board as a transition between that and top level LED because here in MI HIDs are still a good idea for ventilation and using the heat to your advantage in winter and a more efficient light with better spectra is welcome.

While the bulbs are pricey, the total cost of piecing together an air cooled DE DE 630 CMH or a ~600w CHPS which is what i would like to try and have a reflector for already is about what I paid for my thousand watt HPS/MH kit $350 US thereabouts.

Thoughts? Should I save my dough and wait till I can spring for the LED? Cheers everyone and Happy Holidays!

Yep, I was correct :) She ordered me the Malawi Gold from ACE 10 Regs and some fem Lemon Zkittlez which I am really excited to try.
Some freebies are the Fem Jack Herer which we've run and it's good.
...and one that I almost bought myself and started a clone hunt for the original Gelato 33 cut.
Very pricey for the cut through channels so far, but I love hunting seeds so i'm excited the freebies I got are some of the Gelat_OG from Seedsman.

Excellent Yule this year!
Got some Ocean Grown coming and some ACE Landrace Malawi finally!

Expanding for the holidays a production light! also a bit unsure yet the best way to do it (also need the room for the new genetics)

I'm on the fence about replacing the 5x5 inside with a 4x8 tent and using the 5x5 as a veg area in the garage or getting a second 5x5 and running them alternating to keep the heat up. (the 2x4 was a novel idea but in practicality it will only allow about 2 plants worth of bud for drying.
As a veg tent, it is tight. Just getting in all my strains in solo cups is about it, that an my cloner so it could be a good propagation tent...OR I could use it for drying 2 plants a week, get on a schedule of 10 week runs, usually at 8 weeks a couple are ready, a couple more ready at 9 weeks, couple I want to go 10 weeks and then repeat.

OR,

Why not block off the front of the oversized garage and build out a room ( 5' x 9' in which case I would just use foam insulation with the reflective back,
Gals and Guys what am I looking for in that? RTech or
If you were curious about the CHPS it looks like it's a bit misleading and I would go with the newer DE 630 CMH over the CHPS.
What's odd is, the bulb is a Mogul socket and they recommend using a Hortilux Silver 600w Ballast...which is just a regular solid state ballast I think so i'm wondering if you could just run the bulb at 600w in any reflector with any 600w HPS Ballast? But looking into it further it appears to not have much in the way of intensity and looks like the Dual Arc bulbs of yore.

Best to to look into Air Cooled DE hoods with the DE 630 CMH inside and if I don't like it I can switch to the DE HPS and run them cooler at say 700w or thereabouts. Only problem is we are now close to DIY Quality LEDs in price, so why not pay the little extra and just go all the way to the obvious winner (COBs or QBs white or enhanced spectra)?

Back to square one...so I guess I will just have to stick with the HPS and get a used Ballast from craigslist or something and order the tent new

Still trting to figure logistics.
It all came to a halt when power came into the equation... I would need to run 2 600w lamps.
Which in reality isn't bad. I could pull a pound or more from 600w...but I want 2 lol.
Heres some cool shots, I love the serrations on half the kickflip progeny.
I found out a little bit more about

Square One gene pool. Some of it comes from the ogkb side. peanut butter and jealous is Oregon Raspberry x PB Breath (Dosi-Dos x Mendo breath). Then the mother is supernova cut Purple Punch.

It's going to be awesome working with the land races Malawi and pck before they inject some of the newer high-potency strains I want to see if I can achieve that with some land race genetics anyway cheers everyone have a great day!!

Man, I am having quite the conundrum. I want(need) to expand a light but the power issue sucks.
If I could run QBs or even COBs it wouldn't be an issue.

My thought is to (again) move to the garage, this time building it out and insulating it however night temps...

So I could get another 5x5 and run them alternating. one on and heating the one off, vice versa, etc.
I would basically be out there multiple times a day anyway and based on power constraints I think I'm going to have to use the garage.

It can't be too hard to build walls... i'm just worried about the door lol. I think I can buy one in a frame already though but may be pricey.
As mentioned, can use that reflective insulation for walls and come summer drop in my AC unit.

Sounds like we have a plan...I could even run it sealed with C02 which would be awesome out there where it's safe.

Well, i'm off to learn to build and figure cost of building vs alternating tents :)

Back
Top Bottom