Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

Aha!
How about a c02 burner to keep warm? Fire from these units provide light leaks? I'm not sure if folks run them at night for example so i'll research all I can...
Need to know,
BTU, Propane Source, length of time I will expect it to run without actively using it (lights off), as well as how often it will run lights on, or if I can build enough during the night for an entire 12 hour cycle? Basically getting all this down so that I know what to look into:)
Any input is highly recommended.
Thought is I could run a burner during lights out to build heat and C02.
Hopefully it will get the levels up to 1000-1300 ppm while providing heat for winter.
...Always stuff to learn

I think co2 is used mainly during lights on. The plant doesn’t take in co2 during lights off.
Thank Pennywise,
Ya I knew they didn't use c02 in the dark, but the hope was if using propane to primarily heat the air and saturate the environment so when the lights do kick on it would be right in the correct ballpark to start with at lights on and hopefully keep them warm enough at night.
Any idea on that front?

Unfortunately after doing cost analysis the Sealed room / c02 idea is going to have to wait.
It's a great idea sealing things up for heat this winter, just too costly.
Likely I will have to do alternating tents which isn't the best idea since I will have to buy 2 instead of a single 4x8 in order to keep a big veg tent. I will need a 2 4x4s or 5x5s to alternate with my current hoods 2KW total, One as the alternate flower room and the old one. Here's a rough diagram that I created for airflow but not sure it's sufficient for a MI winter.
KickFlip came out delicious save for a hint of black licorice which is not my favorite, but so subtle it's outshined by the extra potent Hybrid effects.

Kickflip looks awesome! I looked at co2 and decided the cost wasn’t worth it to me.

Thanks Pennywise!

I'm really happy with her,
She really is a good one. Super Dense. I'm doing a smoke report next on her as she's just released.
Luckily for me, my wife doesn't like it as much as the Dark Plasma so it's basically all for me ;) with the father being Dosi-Dos x Mendo Breath, I expect some nice phenos to come out of the rest.
I have one more in flower that we haven't seen, the number 2 plant, and the number 3 just finished initial curing and is awesome. I do have that running again to see if morphology is better without aphids.
I have a #4 and #5 cut of KickFlip but haven't flowered (made a mistake in sexing, thought I might have males, so I popped a couple more to get ready for the run...I think that was the 3rd time in a row the winner of the round started out looking like a male lmao! All lanky and very little bud sites starting out...

**- side note. This was a game changer and why I am changing my lights. As you likely noticed with full spectrum light PW, in those baddass LEDs you have, you get soo many more bud sites during the stretch IMO. Since I ran the 4600k 1000w MH through stretch, it was like a world of difference. Bud sites everywhere even though the stretchy girls still stretched a bit when I changed out the lamp, it will cause for me to guess wrong less that's for sure :) lol but seriously there is something to be said for spectra and morphology in that time) THAT is why I'm converting to the DE 630 CMHs, I just haven't decided the hood yet because air cooling the bulb is not recommended...so my hope is good exhaust and fans should be fine with only 630w in a regular DE wide reflector? we'll see :)

Merry Christmas and thanks again for stopping by!

I’m sure you’ll get the light set up the way you want. Merry Christmas to you and yours Pheno!
Thank you Pennywise, same to you! I hope that you had a great holiday vacation, or still are!
Been another great year!

Man that kickflip looks awesome. Couldn't be more frosty great job phenoman! Happy holidays to you hope you and your girls stay warm during this cold winter!
Thanks for the nice words, ya she is very frosty.
Something interesting that I learned recently reading a test report of the Malawi at Ace seeds official site, and it says some trichomes appeared smaller because of stress.
Makes me wonder if the small but bountiful trich heads were a product of the early root aphids. The kickflip took the brunt of the bugs, in fact the Dark Plasma was nearly left alone all the way. Minor indication on those. The KickFlip does have an affinity for mold also compared to the plasma but not to the point of being a problem. Good air flow is all it needs.
Happy Holidays to you and yours as well buddy!

Alright!
Today came bearing gifts!
Some Beans,
Some Bennies,
Some RAW Silicas
Unfortunately I have to wait a little for my new PK booster but it will be here in time.
I am going with Canna's 13/14 this run (technically 0-10-11 I think which is weird) , since it's only basically one week I figured to give it a shot. I loved Liquid Koolbloom and I don't like Monopotassium phosphate due to the super high phosphate while using mammoth P seems overkill. So i'll try that out ~week 5.
I used a combo of Gen Hydro 0-10-10 Liquid Koolbloom/ and Monopotassium phosphate last go.

Apparently this isn't the original Ninja Fruit, it's an F2 which with a polyhybrid "hunter" I typically don't want...
BUT and it's a big but here...
In this situation, I would rather have a trait stable strain for something like this where I'm looking for what I can only assume is a recessive group and an 'improved' pheno with better trichome production (something slightly lacking in the all purple strains i've noticed and that's very limited experience so grain of salt.

I'm just so stoked to hunt this for the wife and I. I'm not too picky on looks but I'm a smell and flavor guy. Many of the genetically purple plants boast woody, grape flavors which is nice so i'm on board.

And I had to re-up on my Z. I was out for a whole cycle and being winter it's ok but still risky IMO. This stuff is like gold, especially if you use microbes but want to keep the rhizosphere clean of baddies.
...and going to gives the silicas a trys as some of the stems appears very flexible and viney (Which can be good...just not now).

What week to stop Silicate? Watch 'last week of veg' lol.
Cheers everyone! Much love!

Actually let me correct myself it's an F2 x bx so TOTALLY different,

So each one popped in 24 hours of water, 12 hours in paper towel had 1cm taproot into coco with "Setup" Blend of good microbes. Photosynthesis Plus, Mammoth P, Cane Sugar and Jack's at an E.C. of 1.03.

Everyone popped the next morn and all are perfectly uniform it's so weird...getting a pic later.

Here's my wife's Ninja Fruit around their first week of life.
The last pic is a Black Beauty Nasturtium finally sprouted.

They are going in both tents as traps for aphids and will be highly toxic with Imidacloprid.
JIK we get some hatched eggs or something.
Once the adults start flying...So difficult to get rid of completely. Just when you think they are gone, a colony will sprout up in some place with any sort of standing water or fungus. (home built 1936, who knows what's where without a complete seal...). Been driving me nuts...Not so simple as interrupt a lifecycle stage because these borg bitches only produce males from eggs once a year, the rest of the time it's females reproducing, giving birth to live nymphs that just need some organic material it seems for sustenance and bam! Another colony.

the buds are completely fine of course it's a soil pest but they do munch a bit on lower branches and the budwashing technique while it didn't seem to leave much behind at least gives peace of mind.

Here's the 'Forum Cut' (if it is), and absolutely georgoes plant!!!

I've never seen something so uniform to itself with even spacing all around and as I spin the pot the colas are stretching accordingly as expected but very quickly. I will need to tie her down in places if possible or just let her tops go out of the light which sucks.

Lastly, my Number 13 Dark Plasma is the final keeper and will remain in my garden likely for years.
I've fallen in love with the flavor, yield is steller, 120g plants in 3gal coco with tomato cages?! for boutique quality this is a first for me. The potency is stellar, I would be hard pressed to find something comparable. Flavor is just the most rich and sweet OG Kush. Touch of pine.
The problem?
It's very popular here now for some reason... lol.
Will be hard to keep around.

Hey hey my friends!

Finally here are the genetics gifted to me this holiday season!!
So stoked, and I have the 6 (nearly perfectly the same) Ninja Fruit.
It's uncanny but they are finally starting to show some distinction. Actually wait until they look further different and I will do a timeline post.
Here we go:

Good morning to all my friend and family here at 420Mag.com!:420:

My Magnum Opus folks is right here.

Please join along and help me make this a reality...:Namaste:

Here is the equipment so far that I have, I will likely be using all of this stuff:
  • Strain 1: So far Dark Plasma by Ocean Grown seeds. It's cross between Forum Cut Girl Scout Cookies X Obi Wan OG Kush. I have 4 plants that I flipped to flower yesterday but put them back into veg today. they need more time.
  • Strain 2: Something possibly from TGA? we need to find a day time sativa hybrid that will have similar requirements to whichever mom we chose from the Dark Plasma.
  • Breeding: starting in spring. plan to work with the Malawi Gold genetics first. a cross with her as a mom and a yet undecided male. Our focus will be breeding for high levels of THC-V.
  • 1000W HPS/MH in a 5x5 tent. (Currently filled with Autos while I get my Dark Plasma ready for flower. I have cuts of 2 of them so far. I will post from my phone after creating the thread.)
  • 3x6 veg closet has the Dark Plasma in now and I will flower the first gen here then put in a 4'T5 blue veg fixture.
  • General Hydroponics base with Liquid cool bloom, Blend, FloraKleen and Floralicious etc.
  • Fox Farms full line of naturals and organics which I will use mainly for teas or innoculants. May do a side by side but once the flood table is up these most likely won't be used much.

Here is the equipment that I still need to get along the way to get things flowing:
  • 4' T5 for the closet.
  • HLG 550 equivalent to replace my HPS light.
  • 4x4 flood table with pump/res.

Bottom line I want to grow beyond top shelf buds...connoisseur quality but for medical purposes for the wife and I.

I consider this website my home base, I may have stickers in my grow from seed companies etc but everything is focused back to this website. I do make videos and post to IG but this is where the action is in my opinion. If you want to be the best, surround yourself with the best and always...always always always will you make solid friends!

So anyway the layout will be a 3x6 closet to veg/propagate under T5s with a 4x4 flood and drain in a 5x5 under 1000W Equivalent light and a small 2 plant breeding tent.

Constantly running 2-3 strains that cover the gamut

Not sure if I've laid out my purpose for the perpetual so here it is:

• Taper off of addictive pharmaceuticals with the use of Cannabis - going very well but is a slow process. I figure if I can be my own case study, show how I did it, I may be able to help someone else.
  • As an 'addict' - defined by current science, show the world the power of cannabis as an alternative to maintenance programs. I have my own views on this and think we have gone way off track on this one as a society in the US.
  • Help Others Taper from Addictive Pharmaceutical with the use of Cannabis by promoting how I did it as a starting point or reference for people.
  • Lower the stigma against cannabis by bringing awareness to those in my sphere.
  • Develop and/or grow strains that will address all of my medical issues as well my need for variety and enjoyment :).

Uploading pics of the grow as of now...
I'm a bit jelly.. I have wanted to breed certain strains for a while but my seeds are always female and no one sells pollen so I'm destined to sensimilla

Unfortunately after doing cost analysis the Sealed room / c02 idea is going to have to wait.
It's a great idea sealing things up for heat this winter, just too costly.
Likely I will have to do alternating tents which isn't the best idea since I will have to buy 2 instead of a single 4x8 in order to keep a big veg tent. I will need a 2 4x4s or 5x5s to alternate with my current hoods 2KW total, One as the alternate flower room and the old one. Here's a rough diagram that I created for airflow but not sure it's sufficient for a MI winter.
KickFlip came out delicious save for a hint of black licorice which is not my favorite, but so subtle it's outshined by the extra potent Hybrid effects.
WOW that's more sparkly than a stripper at the end of the night... that's like concentrate growing straight from the stick

Looking good pheno! Im running Lemon Zkittles right now. I also have gelato-g waiting in the wings lol. The L Z should be getting flipped in the next couple days as soon as i build my scrog frame.
Good luck bro you sound like a man with a plan! :peace:

Awesome genetics Phenoman! I've heard great things about the Lemon Zkittle. And definitely know you can't go wrong with Ace Seeds genetics! Looking forward to seeing them grow out!
Thanks my dude! Hoping for some really zesty keepers this time. Hoping for a pungent lemon pledge type smell.

Back
Top Bottom