Phoenix tears? I think not

Danolo

In my ongoing search for CCO, I came across a syringe in a local well established dispensary, and I bought it.

IMG_025653.JPG

Its labelled Phoenix Tears (THC/CBD)

So, I made up some caps to make it easy to ingest.

IMG_025755.JPG

I used about 1/2 of the syringe, squeezing it into 8 capsules.
So, I think the math is like this: 500 mg /8 = 62.5 mg per capsule.
Not a huge dose!

My good wife took one yesterday morning and within an hour or so, she was in tears. She NEVER cries. She's usually calm and stable, and yet yesterday she was depressed and angry.

The mood passed by late afternoon, after she had a nap, a hot cuppa tea, and the application of a couple of bowls of Ice Wreck.

We both recognised that this mood swing was not typical, and the fact that it happened right after ingesting this oil, we wonder if there is a connection.

Can a CCO cause such dramatic mood change?

I'll be guinea pig tomorrow and take one first thing and see how it feels... my body mass is about 100 lbs more than my wife, so maybe I'll take two. What do you think?

Well, a further update... this morning we both took one of these caps. Within 1/2 hour my wife had to sleep and she napped for 2 hours. Emotionally all is well. My reaction, I certainly got a lift from it..heady buzz and body stone combined, but like my wife, it only lasted a couple of hours.

I suspect this is because its such a low dose.

I'd be grateful for some feedback from you experienced oilers..

Thanks

Without it being tested by a credible lab or even sold by a credible dispensary, it could be anything. Lots of snake oil salesmen out there, only buy from trusted sources who buy organic and test all products as they come though with certified lab testing equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Without it being tested by a credible lab or even sold by a credible dispensary, it could be anything. Lots of snake oil salesmen out there, only buy from trusted sources who buy organic and test all products as they come though with certified lab testing equipment.

Yes, I know you are right, and in a perfect world I'd have access to "credible lab or even sold by a credible dispensary".

For now I'm groping in the dark. There are many dispensaries here (Toronto, Canada) and I've gained access to their products, at a few of them. But many of them want full documentation...

Thanks for your input.

I make a similar product and my experience was much different. I initially tried 2 drops in a number 4 capsule (the second smallest one).
I was tripping balls. High lasted about 8 hours. Total bodystone. Couldn't move. Started having audio hallucinations after hour 5.
My second attempt was one drop (half initial dose). Much better but still way too stoned to function.
My third attempt consisted of 1/2 drop Oil/half drop olive oil. This worked perfect.

My original source material was from leaf and trimmings from a black indica. Material was butane extracted and then evaporated at 85C.

I'm pretty happy with this formula but it still messes me up. My next batch will be from CBD Dutch Flyer which I will extract with short path distillation. Much cleaner and because the THC is much lower in Dutch Flyer I'm hoping I won't be tripping balls.
420-magazine-mobile1535783066.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1447950505.jpg

Yes indeed... I would if I could. We live in an apartment building and have nosy neighbours, From what I'm reading here, the smell of decarb and extraction would be quite strong.

I am looking at a combination of a sealed decarb device (I forget its name) and a Magic Butter machine. Perhaps the combination of the two machines will enable me to make my own safely.

Thanks for your input.

The solvent phase of the extraction process isn't very strong smelling but the decarboxylation process is. You can also use the sous vide method (boil-a-bag) to decarb. 99% odor free. You can do the extraction with a bottle of grain alcohol and coffee maker (the warmer).
If you're a legal medical cannabis patient tell your neighbors to mind their business. Lol.
If you were in Canada and had your ACMPR I would make it for you tailored to your needs.

In my ongoing search for CCO, I came across a syringe in a local well established dispensary, and I bought it.

IMG_025653.JPG

Its labelled Phoenix Tears (THC/CBD)

So, I made up some caps to make it easy to ingest.

IMG_025755.JPG

I used about 1/2 of the syringe, squeezing it into 8 capsules.
So, I think the math is like this: 500 mg /8 = 62.5 mg per capsule.
Not a huge dose!

My good wife took one yesterday morning and within an hour or so, she was in tears. She NEVER cries. She's usually calm and stable, and yet yesterday she was depressed and angry.

The mood passed by late afternoon, after she had a nap, a hot cuppa tea, and the application of a couple of bowls of Ice Wreck.

We both recognised that this mood swing was not typical, and the fact that it happened right after ingesting this oil, we wonder if there is a connection.

Can a CCO cause such dramatic mood change?

I'll be guinea pig tomorrow and take one first thing and see how it feels... my body mass is about 100 lbs more than my wife, so maybe I'll take two. What do you think?
How did it go?

Back
Top Bottom