Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? FFOF with mixed in Dolomite Lime
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 Inch right now
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75-80
RH of Room/Cabinet? 30-35%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.50
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Every other day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics Flora Series + CaliMagic. Following the Drain to waste schedule I've included below. I got this nute schedule from grow weed easy
Size or Square Footage of Room? Cabinet is 30"x37" = 7.71 sq ft.

This is my 3rd grow, but my first time having problems during the veg stage. So far the 5th node is starting to grow and I noticed a Phosphorus Deficiency at the middle of week 3 which was yesterday on the bottom two fan leaves. Today it just got incredibly worse with the leaves turning yellow/brown and curling upwards.

I've been testing the ph going in and going out every time I water. It has always been within 6-7ph. Going in and coming out. I flushed it yesterday with nutrients and the runoff read 6.43ph.

I feel like my problem is with FFOF. I've had nothing but ph problems with it, but thought I could correct it using dolomite lime, which appeared to be working as ph readings were between 6-7, but I am still getting this deficiency. I am looking to change my media to Pro-mix HP when I transplant and I want to continue to use the nutrient schedule from groweedeasy, but if anyone has suggestions for this medium and my nutrients, that would be very helpful.

I am not opposed to trying another type of soil or soilless media. I've been looking it up myself and I just can't decide. Everyone raved about FFOF when I first was starting, but it could be different now.

Any help is appreciated.

dtw_nute_schedule.png

On the website this schedule is for Soil/Soilless/Coco Coir. That's why I am using it. I didn't know this was for hydro.

Ya know... I went to their website after my first response... It looks to me like there actually is no feeding chart for soil. Nowhere (and I was looking) did I see any mention of using the DTW for soil.

Anyway....
I'd think the nutes would work... one just doesn't know the numbers. I might suggest that if you're seeing a P def, you might be feeding too lightly. Got any purple stems? A photo from you would sure help... pictures speak 1000 words and all.

You might dig thru some journals and see if you can find others doing FFOF with GH nutes. See what levels they're using.
Another thought... I don't really stay with any specific schedule any more. I let the appearance of the plant guide my feeding. I've learned what it should look like and what colors I need to see. As you become more familiar with your plants, you can start transitioning to this method if you want. It really can be a much easier and safer way to go.

On the website Go to Start here > Use the right nutrients and scroll down about half way where GH is. Or search for GH Flora Nutrient Trio Drain-to-Waste schedule. But I will look for some journals with FFOF and GH. I'll take a few pictures as well.

And you are right, there are purple stems.

IMG_0954_1_.JPG
IMG_0953_1_.JPG
IMG_0952_1_.JPG

I think I am going to transplant into pro mix hp and follow Bunzboy’s Flora Feeding Schedule for Soil Growers. I am tired of FFOF. If I switch to pro mix hp and the same results happen, then clearly it's me, I hope it is the soil, but we'll see.

Potting up into a larger pot will help out.

As most of the soil/compost brands mentioned will contain some nutrients in for a few weeks perhaps longer to help feed the plant, might be able to get away with current feeding in the short term tho.

I don't think we are looking at a classic phosphorus def tho at the moment but at best early stage of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom