Photoperiod vs Autoflowering outdoor?

Ricod306

Good day guys hope all is well.

I need some tips from experienced growers in regards with a large outdoor grow operation.
  1. Which is better for non-light supplementing outdoor grows: Auto flowers or photoperiod? In terms of profitability and cash flow?
  2. What grow medium is best if you have the right equipment for each (non-aquaponics) coco coir or soil. Available equipment includes a reservoir, pump, drippers, Autopots and Blumat carrots
  3. When scrogging either autos or photos which is the recommended plant spacing for each respectively. Keep in mind the photos veg for 6 months. Also if we would go autos, is scrogging still recommended?
  4. Regarding question 3 what size netting would be sizeable enough in terms of square meters.
  5. What type of nutrients must we use? We generally use Terra Aquatica as they provide competitive quality nutrients. Should we go mineral or organic for the reservoir in terms of quality and size? We will be adding supplemental microbes to the soil non the less if it is coco or soil.
We intend on using Cherrybubblegum for the photoperiods and for the autos intend on using Pink Kush 30:1 Auto flowers. Our current plan for the scorgging is to make use of DIY netting. We will be using square frames of 2mx2m for each photoperiod. The netting hole sizes would be 7.5cmx7.5cm. We also intend on spacing the plants 2m apart and using 130liter pots with 50-50 coco coir perlite substrate. The greenhouse would be made of non UV blocking plastic as well. The grow area is roughly 140m^2 as it is 10mx14m floor area and 2m high.

Also if we were to go with autos all would be roughly the same except we would be using more plants per square meter and we will be using a monthly perpetual harvesting cycle throughout the whole year which I am currently using on my indoor grows.

Please advise on the most profitable and quality based options. Sorry for the long post but I hope you guys can help me with this one.

Good day guys hope all is well.

I need some tips from experienced growers in regards with a large outdoor grow operation.
  1. Which is better for non-light supplementing outdoor grows: Auto flowers or photoperiod? In terms of profitability and cash flow?
  2. What grow medium is best if you have the right equipment for each (non-aquaponics) coco coir or soil. Available equipment includes a reservoir, pump, drippers, Autopots and Blumat carrots
  3. When scrogging either autos or photos which is the recommended plant spacing for each respectively. Keep in mind the photos veg for 6 months. Also if we would go autos, is scrogging still recommended?
  4. Regarding question 3 what size netting would be sizeable enough in terms of square meters.
  5. What type of nutrients must we use? We generally use Terra Aquatica as they provide competitive quality nutrients. Should we go mineral or organic for the reservoir in terms of quality and size? We will be adding supplemental microbes to the soil non the less if it is coco or soil.
We intend on using Cherrybubblegum for the photoperiods and for the autos intend on using Pink Kush 30:1 Auto flowers. Our current plan for the scorgging is to make use of DIY netting. We will be using square frames of 2mx2m for each photoperiod. The netting hole sizes would be 7.5cmx7.5cm. We also intend on spacing the plants 2m apart and using 130liter pots with 50-50 coco coir perlite substrate. The greenhouse would be made of non UV blocking plastic as well. The grow area is roughly 140m^2 as it is 10mx14m floor area and 2m high.

Also if we were to go with autos all would be roughly the same except we would be using more plants per square meter and we will be using a monthly perpetual harvesting cycle throughout the whole year which I am currently using on my indoor grows.

Please advise on the most profitable and quality based options. Sorry for the long post but I hope you guys can help me with this one.
Sounds like an ambitious plan my friend. For Strictly volume photos hands down best . But if its a timing issue than autos outside will be your fastest to harvest. I don't know where you are and when your fall period starts to get them flowering. Could delay harvesting photos.
I grew a 12' jher outside last summer in coco. The amount of work and nutrients required was astronomical. Ill never grow outside in coco again.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

Where I live, outdoor is not an option because of bud thieves so all my grows are inside and can say that an auto strain gave me the biggest yield to date, 1/2 pound one plant. I usually average 4-6 ounces per plant and thats photos included. The option is there to veg longer with photos and get bigger yields but I never done that, I flipped lights when my auto was going to bud. I like to keep harvest times close to each other so my tent is not tied up with 1 plant for weeks. I grow DWC, never had much luck with soil.

I've never scrogged outdoors, so I can't help you there. But I do grow outdoors, and the plants get huge if they're in the ground. Due to the sunlight, tying branches down so they spread out first might be a better option.
If you can't put them straight in the ground, the larger the pot the better.

Sounds like an ambitious plan my friend. For Strictly volume photos hands down best . But if its a timing issue than autos outside will be your fastest to harvest. I don't know where you are and when your fall period starts to get them flowering. Could delay harvesting photos.
I grew a 12' jher outside last summer in coco. The amount of work and nutrients required was astronomical. Ill never grow outside in coco again.
Happy growing friend.
Bill
Thanks for the tip on the outdoor, but regarding the soil we grew in a coco coir like hemp mix with minialmal feeding throughout the year.

Where I live, outdoor is not an option because of bud thieves so all my grows are inside and can say that an auto strain gave me the biggest yield to date, 1/2 pound one plant. I usually average 4-6 ounces per plant and thats photos included. The option is there to veg longer with photos and get bigger yields but I never done that, I flipped lights when my auto was going to bud. I like to keep harvest times close to each other so my tent is not tied up with 1 plant for weeks. I grow DWC, never had much luck with soil.
Dude 0.5lb wet or dry??

I've never scrogged outdoors, so I can't help you there. But I do grow outdoors, and the plants get huge if they're in the ground. Due to the sunlight, tying branches down so they spread out first might be a better option.
If you can't put them straight in the ground, the larger the pot the better.

Have you grown outdoor for a full season? Ie. 6 months? And what area would say was consumed by the plant?

We will be planting them in 70l fabric pots so that is roughly 3x worth in plastic pots

We only grew 3 months and a 1.5x1.5m spacing wasn't enough

Have you grown outdoor for a full season? Ie. 6 months? And what area would say was consumed by the plant?

We will be planting them in 70l fabric pots so that is roughly 3x worth in plastic pots

We only grew 3 months and a 1.5x1.5m spacing wasn't enough
Not 6 months. Around here I can grow outdoors from the last week or so of May to the first couple weeks of October, depending on the weather. Sometimes I end up running out of time the first week of October. Plants straight in the ground got to about 7 or 8 feet, both tall and wide. Indica dominant strains. In pots my outdoor plants don't get as big. 20L pots, get to 6 feet, not quite as bushy. Can't say I ever measured them, but maybe a square meter.

What will your pots be sitting on? If they're sitting on the ground the roots are going to go straight through those fabric pots and into the ground.

By the way, if you have a 6 month timeframe to grow in, photos are your best bet for yield.

Their are late growing Autos that will start in spring, flower in mid July finish in late sept. early Oct. Look for ones called super autos Super stinky was the name. First one I grew got over 22 oz
Grown in the ground
It grows too big for were I grow, So I have crossed it with a short Blue berry. so far tests look good Outside this spring will be the real test

Hey guys I read a lot of posts and replies about outdoor photoperiod grow.
I grow since 2007 every year and before 2007 only two times.
I start with indoor grows newbie and I was going Allright.after these years I decide photoperiods plants are the best for me.
Best of the best.
3 years ago I play with breeding to manage get autos .in progress I was going well but it was so many mixes after f4 and get confused also mixed my seeds.
This year I decide not to grow for safety coz I believed I will get busted.
2 years ago I grow outdoor and get 2 kilos about from 50 autos in very small pots.now I have not a alot of seeds and suddenly I decide on June to plant a couple of seeds ,unknown seeds from my breeding.
The one has problems coz I have no money and use old soil from my mother's plants and some pots from last year with the dry roots with soil from the past grow.anyway let's get to the point.
The first 2 start to flowering earlier and thought is autos but I grow autos in past in and outdoor and wasn't developed like I used to know.
So,I u derstand that is photoperiod because I see no buds making only pistils growing slowly.right now we have here 14 hours day light and I see a tiny better flowering.i wonder if those 2 plants will get some good buds like I always get .I forgot to say from 2013 I grow outdoor and ones or 2 indoors.. the plants looks healthy but the buds don't get fatten quick like other years.

Second thing

A month later I plant a fee more seeds and I belive these strains must be very good coz of the way they develope.
5 more plants.
Just 2 days ago I see 4 of them to get double size and the first pistills ,the one is still on veg.
I have one with three nodes ,every year I found some.i believe when I breed I make a strain with this DNA characteristics.
I must use colloidal silver the next time or now to get clone seeds.looks very nice strain.

I wonder my older 2 plants will get fatter buds while the day hour goes less?

I have a post sais "my mom have lugcancer and I upload there some forms can't remember how many days before but now plants in veg are double size and the ones in flowering get just a bit fatter -bigger
Just wondering if I have it there for no reason..

Sorry for so long post and I am sorry for my English because I know u will not understand some of what I wrote.

Just share it with u and maybe someone can tell me for those 2 are in flowering I belive 4 weeks now or 4 weeks and half.
The problem of this grow is that it was unexpected and never think to upload it here so I didn't keep dates.
Only I can say is I pay no money at all to grow them .I use all the older staff I had.
Only thing I bought was some dust to ph'd water because I had from last time the liquid to show me the colour of the ph.
I use this style measuring the ph all my grow life and works fine e..
I am sorry for so long message wish u good morning coz here is 6 o'clock the morning now and the temperature the last 2 days goes to 40° Celsius

Just the last 2 days and will stay for a week like this 37-41°

Thank u for take time to read this

Back
Top Bottom