Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

So is this Covid - 19 thing affecting any of you guys? They've went down to 4 days a week & about 6 hours per day at my work. Not sure how I'm going to pay my bills on that. May lose my house over this if it lasts too long. Not giving up my car. Need that for work & I've got too much into it. We can always stay at mother in laws if we lose the house. She's cool & even smokes a joint once in awhile.
I'm a little worried about losing my job completely though as I was the last person hired and it was only 5 - 6 weeks ago. This company may not even survive this as the new owners just got it in Dec.
This has put my grow room build on hold as I can't spend money in times like these.
Which would you choose.... The House or the Car? The car was $37 K & the house was $54 K. The car is in perfect condition with 70,000 mi. The house needs about $10 K in upgrades to make it nice again. It's a Manufactured Home & I don't own the land as it's in a park.
Which would you choose ? The shed you see out back is where I've been building my grow room.

GEDC5982.JPG
E10.JPG

hey guys. Yeah. COVID19 has changed my life drastically. We have got to 12 hr shifts 4 days a week and skeleton crews to minimize employee contact. Since we treat and purify drinking water we are considered essential staff. So instead of cutbacks we are working a lot of overtime. As a cancer survivor and a 55+ year old, I’m pretty concerned about how lightly some people are taking this.

Nice work on the supercrops! You might find the biggest buds on the plants are at the ends of those branches.
I was just looking at the links in your thread & the Rice Ball one got my attention. I've seen people use Rice to dry wet watches & stuff. I've also seen people use Crackers in Sugar Shakers, etc.
It got me wondering if anyone has tried a small bucket of rice or a rice & Cracker mix to lower RH in a tent or grow room. I might just have to try that out of curiosity. I was thinking maybe fill a 1 gallon grow bag with Rice & Crackers to see what it does RH wise.

Zippidity Doo Dah Zippity ay, My oh My what a wonderful day ..... High there !!! Today is my B-Day & NO it's not an April Fools Joke ...LOL. Well ... Maybe I was to my mother.
Anyway, I've noticed a few things going on with my plants that I'm not quite sure about so I'll post each plants pics separately & explain what I see. Maybe you can tell me the cause as it seems I think it's something different all the time & you guys are right more often.
Anyway, I was feeding at 6 gr. per gallon. I'm not positive but I'm thinking some of what I'm seeing is caused by too strong of nutes. I lowered the dosage to 5.5 gr. for the moment to see what you guys say.
Let's start with Mrs. Gorilla (Gorilla Girl). This is the plant I Super Cropped. I think I went a little overboard bending as a couple of the branches still haven't stiffened back up. They're not hanging limp & it's still growing. They just haven't stiffened like the other branches. There's 2 - 3 branches like that.
This plant also has very slight burnt tips on several leaves & a couple of bottom ones have yellowed, dried up crispy & fell off. I'm not so sure they should be yellowing yet as it's only 3 weeks into flower. Your thoughts on these things is much appreciated for reassurance if nothing more.
Thanks ....
6-240.JPG
6-241.JPG
6-242.JPG
6-243.JPG

Next up is the Afghan Kush. There are slightly Burnt Tips on this plant as well. The issue I see with this one is all in the Top Leaves. They don't look right to me. They look too limp. At 1st I was thinking it was over watered but it's only happening at the Top of the plant so unsure what this is caused from.
What you all think it is ??? Pics 1, 3 & 4 is where you can see it the most.
6-244.JPG
6-245.JPG
6-246.JPG
6-247.JPG
6-248.JPG
6-249.JPG
6-244.JPG
6-245.JPG
6-246.JPG
6-247.JPG
6-248.JPG
6-249.JPG

And here we have Mr. Gorilla (GG). This plant has some leaves that are slightly twisted here & there. It also has some leaves here & there that have that sharp downward hook at the tips. I'm thinking it's too strong of nutes causing an "N" toxicity since the hooked leaves are sporadic, but mostly on the top of the plant.
Here's some pics of it so you can give me your thoughts.
Thanks again !!!
6-250.JPG
6-251.JPG
6-252.JPG
6-253.JPG
6-254.JPG
6-255.JPG

My thoughts are is that everything I'm seeing is caused by too strong of nutes. I fed at 6 gr. per gallon the last 3 feedings & that's when I started noticing things. So I went back to 5.5 gr. when I fed last night. Checked pH last night: Went in at 6.4 & run off was 6.2 so that seems to be in an OK range to me. Temps have stayed 79 - 82 F but has spiked to 86 F a couple times throughout the grow. RH has been staying between 45% - 60% so not real bad even though it's not the 40% - 50% I prefer. Need any more info ...let me know. Thanks.

First off... :happy-birthday: Enjoy the day!

I'd say you have the makings of nitrogen toxicity, so backing the nutes off is a good idea.

And there have been discussions about adding a 5lb bag of rice to a tent to lower the RH, but you would need to keep changing it out and drying it in the oven. I have no idea how much rice/cu.ft. of tent though :).
Thank You !!! Whoo hoo ... I got one right for once ... LOL.

OK, Is this how you trim to get just the Big Buds ? Never tried it before so giving it a whirl on the GG since it had the least amount that I had to cut off. Hopefully 21 days into 12/12 wasn't too long to wait to do this. Done now ... so we'll see what happens.
6-259.JPG
6-260.JPG
6-261.JPG
6-262.JPG

Did a De-Fol on the Gorilla Girl also. Cut some of the bottom stuff off; but not to the extent of the GG. Also took off a bunch of Fan leaves through the center. This is the Super Cropped plant. Going to do all 3 a little different to see what happens. The Afghan I will only defol the Lg. Fan Leaves & leave everything else. Here's some pics of the Gorilla Girl. No pics of the Afghan as I haven't touched it due to the N toxicity. That one can wait a week.
6-263.JPG
6-264.JPG
6-265.JPG

OK, Is this how you trim to get just the Big Buds ?
I leave the fans and take the lower buds usually. I never want to see the pot when looking down from the top, and I don't want larf. But lots of growers take your approach and have great harvests, so fear not!
Hopefully 21 days into 12/12 wasn't too long to wait to do this
21 days is the general rule, so it's not too long at all. It's technically whenever stretch is over, based on measuring the plant growth from the day you flip.
Wow, I think I've taken more pics for this journal then I have during the rest of my life. 265 pics & counting. Is there a prize for most pics in a journal ... I could possibly win this.
Not even close! You should sub to Dutchman's thread ;).

Back
Top Bottom