Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

LST on 2 of them & will only top those 2 once which I did this morning. The other one I'm just going to top 3 times & see what yields more for chits & giggles. This is kind of a just for fun grow while I get my shed converted into a grow room. It's coming along nicely; but still have work to complete on it. Got to get out there & hang more insulation today. Fun ... Itchy .... LOL.
Niceee yess i understand always good to have a grow where you can kind of play around and see what will happen :Namaste:

Looks nice dude :thumb:
Still using the humidifier? You could turn it off there is no need for it anymore.
I'm in AZ. Very Hot , Dry climate. You have to use a Humidifier year round here or you will only have 20% RH at most. Need 50% - 70% RH for Veg & 35% - 50% for flower. It usually takes me 2 - 6 gallon Humidifiers in a 4' x 8' x 7' tent to get the RH correct. Using 2 of them also lowers my temps about 7 - 8 degrees F.

I'm in AZ. Very Hot , Dry climate. You have to use a Humidifier year round here or you will only have 20% RH at most. Need 50% - 70% RH for Veg & 35% - 50% for flower. It usually takes me 2 - 6 gallon Humidifiers in a 4' x 8' x 7' tent to get the RH correct. Using 2 of them also lowers my temps about 7 - 8 degrees F.
I've seen a few people in hot dry climates using swamp coolers. They say they work great.
Maybe something to look into??

:battingeyelashes: Of course i should have known, i live in Amsterdam the humidity here is mostly between 30% and 80% max so there is no need for a humidifier (period) AZ is Arizona is assume? Woow very dry climate indeed i would probably use one as well with 20% humid. But you have it somewhat under control :headbanger:nice

They seem to be liking it so far so maybe up it .5 grams for the next gallon I mix.
OK, so let's try and get you on track right from the start. Why do you feel you need to increase the MC already? The plants are a healthy green and not showing any reason for an increase. I'd say another week before I would consider it unless the plant dictates otherwise.
Don't get caught up that becasue it looks good it must be able to take more. The plant will take all you give it, however you are trying to balance out the ratios and not overwhelm the plant with too much N which wil give you issues later down the road.

MC has everything the plant will need from seed to harvest, you just have to make sure that the plant can access all the good stuff throughout the grow.

OK, so let's try and get you on track right from the start. Why do you feel you need to increase the MC already? The plants are a healthy green and not showing any reason for an increase. I'd say another week before I would consider it unless the plant dictates otherwise.
Don't get caught up that becasue it looks good it must be able to take more. The plant will take all you give it, however you are trying to balance out the ratios and not overwhelm the plant with too much N which wil give you issues later down the road.

MC has everything the plant will need from seed to harvest, you just have to make sure that the plant can access all the good stuff throughout the grow.
I just figured since I was only using 1/2 the recommended dose the package says that I could increase it .5 grams each week (3 feedings) till I got to the 4 grams. Kind of like I did with AN. Start out 1/2 strength & up it little by little & back off if things start looking bad.

I've seen a few people in hot dry climates using swamp coolers. They say they work great.
Maybe something to look into??
These Humidifiers I have are pretty much swamp coolers. Mine are the 6 gallon AirCare Space Saver Humidifiers. The pads in them are 4" thick & 12" x 16" in size. They work great when the pads are in good shape. It's only 1.16 Amps with 2 of them running on High. In my new grow room I've installed a 8000 BTU Window A/C & everything has been sealed up tight & completely insulated.

I just figured since I was only using 1/2 the recommended dose the package says that I could increase it .5 grams each week (3 feedings) till I got to the 4 grams. Kind of like I did with AN. Start out 1/2 strength & up it little by little & back off if things start looking bad.
No, the package really isn't the best instructions to use. If you use their calculator you'll see that you are at the correct amount for seedlings and small plants, which is 2g/gal.

You'll have to treat MC as a different than usual nute line too.

OK, Will do !!!

You're not far away from an increase but there's no point in getting ahead. I'm just trying to help you to understand that MC will let you know when the plants need more food. For the first little while keep an eye on the older growth's green color. If it loses it green compared to the tops then that's a sign to increase. Another sign you will see if you are feeding light is the start of an Mg def. Here you're looking for the lower fans to be lightening up between the veins which is a subtle change at first.
Listen to the plants when feeding MC and you'll be fine. Keep posting pics daily if you can so we can help you determine if she's hungrier before the weeks over.

How old are the plants do you estimate?

Back
Top Bottom