Phototron 2 Space Capsule: My Magical Grow Journey

The leaves do participate in photosynthesis but they also have energy needs and act as storage for nutrients(you arent trying to grow big leaves your trying to grow big flowers). Plants in the wild need to use those energy stores during times of variance in its life cycle, think too much rain or too little rain or cloudy and sunny conditions. Your plant doesnt technically need very many fan leaves if your providing it with everything it needs and perfect environmental conditions. I would suggest you dont remove more than 30% of the foliar mass at a single time and wait a day or two in between trimmings or you can over stress them delaying growth, causing them to hermie, or even killing them(I have never heard of someone killing a plant by over defoliation but I guess it is possible). As with everything in life balance is the key. Personally I focus my defoliation on the inner leaves to expose the lower branches allowing them to grow taller then when they are finished stretching take all the fan leaves a little at a time.
That's a awesome in-depth explanation and easy to understand. I have been cutting leaves every other day and I gotta say, those inner leaves are really loving it lol. Thanks a ton dom!!

Me neither Guy, but I definitely agree with you.. Hermie.. I've been googling picture after picture lol and my plant has both characteristics of a male and female.

So... with that being said... will it still produce bud? It will just be really seedy?

Can I pluck those balls off my plant without hurting it??

It takes 21 days for sacs to mature and release pollen. I'd just wait it out and make sure it has enough nitrogen which promotes female parts. Keep her healthy and happy and you'll see your fate! Pluck any male parts after your sure they are male parts, but I wouldn't disturb them until they are completely obvious. Being able to get a clean cut at the stem is easier once it's extended off the branch. You'll be able to see all of them and not worry about missing any tiny ones later on. I wouldn't freak out too soon!

Week 5 in Veg.

Figured I'd give an update since alot has happened in the past 24 hours lol..

So, to start off, I told my girlfriend about my plant possibly being a male. After she heard that she took it upon herself (big mistake when it comes to plants or animals lol) to "help" me with my situation.

I come home yesterday night to my plant OUT of the Phototron and IN A GROCERY BAG patiently awaiting it's death/disposal.

I immediately freak out, especially after I've been on here and find out there is a good possibility that I do in fact have a female lol..

I pickup my poor baby, root ball the size of a softball.., and dig a hole in the center of the soil and ever so gently place it back in the warmth and light it has been missing for over 8 hours :(.

Here it is now, the day after all of this trauma. I'm not sure if it will make it but my fingers are crossed!

(I have my tiki man watching over it now lol, gotta keep them good vibes )
1.jpg

Over the weekend this plant has had its fan leaves removed, moved from one apartment to another, (was in 45°f temps for about an hour during the move), was brutally torn out of the soil and bent, and then tossed into a grocery bag with no light or water for over 8 hours..

If it survives I will be surprised. I'm not sure how long it will take for the roots to rebuild themselves.. If they even do, but I will keep you all updated as this grow continues!

2.jpg
3.jpg

It takes 21 days for sacs to mature and release pollen. I'd just wait it out and make sure it has enough nitrogen which promotes female parts. Keep her healthy and happy and you'll see your fate! Pluck any male parts after your sure they are male parts, but I wouldn't disturb them until they are completely obvious. Being able to get a clean cut at the stem is easier once it's extended off the branch. You'll be able to see all of them and not worry about missing any tiny ones later on. I wouldn't freak out too soon!
Funny you say keep it healthy and happy, when the worst has already happened unfortunately lol. I just updated, long story short, my girlfriend yanked my plant and tossed it in a grocery bag for disposal. I replanted it in the soil but don't have much confidence after all this stress to it. I will continue to wait it out and see what happens.
I know now to wait alot longer before trying to sex a plant lol (live and learn again)

I agree, I will just ride it out on all future grows!

Funny you say keep it healthy and happy, when the worst has already happened unfortunately lol. I just updated, long story short, my girlfriend yanked my plant and tossed it in a grocery bag for disposal. I replanted it in the soil but don't have much confidence after all this stress to it. I will continue to wait it out and see what happens.
I know now to wait alot longer before trying to sex a plant lol (live and learn again)

I agree, I will just ride it out on all future grows!

They call it weed for a reason.....don't be surprised by how much these plants can take. If I was a betting man, I would say it was going to make it by the looks of it.

Re: First time grower & member

Okay guys, not sure if I've done something wrong but the first leaves are super wavy looking... and the leaf tips curl down. Any ideas? I haven't watered in about 24 hours now because of the overwatering yesterday and it looks like the stem and up on the leaf stems is turning a light brown...
420-magazine-mobile135581120.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1912368988.jpg

420-magazine-mobile422082187.jpg

She's doing great! The wavy leaves in nothing to sweat bro

And that soil looks like it retains a lot of moisture for a long time water when the top soil is dry while and inch below is moist but not wet don't want root rot it's hell.

Re: First time grower & member

Thanks for the quick diagnosis! I'll get the make-shift humidity dome on it tonight after work! :). Other than it looking alittle funky it sure is growing faster than I thought it would lol. I also have had a fan blowing in from the top since since sprout, is this acceptable?

A fan will work wonders

And that soil looks like it retains a lot of moisture for a long time water when the top soil is dry while and inch below is moist but not wet don't want root rot it's hell.
Yeah I water every 2-3 days roughly.. sometimes more. I stick my pinky in the soil and if it's dry it gets water lol. Seems to be retaining water pretty good and also added somemore perlite after getting it back in the soil. I had overwatered alot at the start of my grow lol so I know what my baby likes now thanks to the help of this forum!

They call it weed for a reason.....don't be surprised by how much these plants can take. If I was a betting man, I would say it was going to make it by the looks of it.
Yeah I can't believe it looks as well as it does for what she has been through lol. If all goes well I'll probably end up cloning just because I know it can take the beating. It's not too bad to look at either lol so she has that goin for her haha.

As long as it gets back on track (it was growing multiple new sets of leaves daily) we will be good! Lol

It looks strikingly well even with the trauma it's been through. It might still surprise you. Good luck! .
Thanks DrDoob! I plan on giving it plenty of time to recoup before I do anymore leaf trimming, lst, or topping. It was growin pretty good and steady before all this happened lol.

Back
Top Bottom