Phototron 2 Space Capsule: My Magical Grow Journey

missgreenbud

Long time smoker here (if 10 years can be considered long lol) but new to the growing scene! I've been browsing and searching these forums for the past month now so I figured it necessary to finally say hello! Lol. I acquired a Phototron 2 for super cheap (a gram cheap) and started my research, gathered my needed materials ($6 spent so far) and gave it a go. My seedling sprouted and we are on day 2 :). (Seed came from a bag of good smoke about a year ago) Figured I'd post the pictures I took (Not the best) and see if all you knowledgeable growers out there can tell me if my little girl looks like she is off to a good start? Should I be concerned about part of the membrane still being on a leaf? Also, 1 cotyledon is bigger than the other?? Is this normal?? Sorry for all the question but any advice for a newbie is appreciated! :)

Re: First time grower & member

That's a pretty wicked little set up you've got there, I've never heard of the Phototron 2..... And by the way yes your girl looks great! Most plants have slight growing abnormalities when they start, they soon grew out of them though.

Tell us a little bit about your setup, your soil, nutrients....what you're doing Etc.....

Thanks for the reply! :). Yeah I had never heard of a Phototron at all until I laid my eyes on it and thought I just had to have it lol. I'm liking how small and compact it is since I'm growing in roughly a 4x8 closet. You were right about the growing abnormalities, we are on day 5 now and I think it's looking pretty healthy for my first grow! I think I'm babying it too much though as this evening the leaves are drooping down on the tips (This Phototron has no holes or anything for drainage and I have been giving it alittle water everyday since it sprouted...) Do you have any recommendations?

My current setup:
2 - 40w t12 cool white u bulbs
1 - 1200 lumens cfl (about 2 inches away from top of plant)
Circular fan above grow box pointing downwards
Soil is local all purpose planting soil
Water alittle everyday (changing that now)
24/0 light schedule
Used a couple tablespoons of miracle grow when I presoaked the soil but no nutrients since then.

Temps around 69-72
Humidity unknown

That's a pretty wicked little set up you've got there, I've never heard of the Phototron 2..... And by the way yes your girl looks great! Most plants have slight growing abnormalities when they start, they soon grew out of them though.

Tell us a little bit about your setup, your soil, nutrients....what you're doing Etc.....
Sorry forgot pics..
420-magazine-mobile483860176.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1952329893.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1801894655.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2064074418.jpg

Yeah I'm going to read your journal now!! I think I may have done some over watering..
Overwatering is a pretty common newbie mistake.....so no biggy, just let her dry up a bit. I'd recommend adding some perlite to your soil to aid in drainage as well. The soil doesn't have any time release nutrients in it does it?

Other than that, you look golden! What bulbs are you using in your space capsule?

Overwatering is a pretty common newbie mistake.....so no biggy, just let her dry up a bit. I'd recommend adding some perlite to your soil to aid in drainage as well. The soil doesn't have any time release nutrients in it does it?

Other than that, you look golden! What bulbs are you using in your space capsule?
It doesn't state that it has any time releasing nutrients, it doesn't state alot actually. I ended up getting a free bag of this soil since my cousin is in ffa so I figured I give it a go. This is a super low budget grow but I don't mind throwing some money at it so all recommendations will be noted! :). Thanks for all your input so far! Here are the latest pics. Sorry for so many, just easier to post pics than explain how my plant looks lol. Also, I haven't got anyway to check ph or humidity levels yet.
420-magazine-mobile870889839.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1022633725.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1067329183.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1693385800.jpg

Thanks for the reply! :). Yeah I had never heard of a Phototron at all until I laid my eyes on it and thought I just had to have it lol. I'm liking how small and compact it is since I'm growing in roughly a 4x8 closet. You were right about the growing abnormalities, we are on day 5 now and I think it's looking pretty healthy for my first grow! I think I'm babying it too much though as this evening the leaves are drooping down on the tips (This Phototron has no holes or anything for drainage and I have been giving it alittle water everyday since it sprouted...) Do you have any recommendations?

My current setup:
2 - 40w t12 cool white u bulbs
1 - 1200 lumens cfl (about 2 inches away from top of plant)
Circular fan above grow box pointing downwards
Soil is local all purpose planting soil
Water alittle everyday (changing that now)
24/0 light schedule
Used a couple tablespoons of miracle grow when I presoaked the soil but no nutrients since then.

Temps around 69-72
Humidity unknown
I've only seen 1.....yours. I think its awesome lol!

When investing in a tool like a PH pen, buy a good one. Its something youll use every watering......totally worth the investment. Bluelabs makes a good one...

I've only seen 1.....yours. I think its awesome lol!

Lol I thought it was awesome as soon as I laid eyes on it! Definitely has the "space capsule" look to it as you say lol. Thanks for being a part of this grow, I wasn't sure who all would be here to help on my journey so just know its appreciated! :) I know I have a TON to learn and it helps knowing there are people on this forum that offer great help/advice!

Awesome, I'm still pretty new at the actual growing part myself but I'm certified as an mmj grower. Yeah, I went to school for it. Lol but application is half the battle. Will be following and hopefully I can be some help. If I may offer a tip, search grow420guide co2 on YouTube to find out how to make free co2 with common household stuff, if you run higher temps co2 can work like steroids for your little baby .
Good luck and happy growing!

Awesome, I'm still pretty new at the actual growing part myself but I'm certified as an mmj grower. Yeah, I went to school for it. Lol but application is half the battle. Will be following and hopefully I can be some help. If I may offer a tip, search grow420guide co2 on YouTube to find out how to make free co2 with common household stuff, if you run higher temps co2 can work like steroids for your little baby .
Good tip there and welcome brother! You have a journal started?

Thanks for the tips and suggestion! I looked up the co2 guide and will be getting it set up in the next day or so! :). Glad to have you guys around!

Okay guys, not sure if I've done something wrong but the first leaves are super wavy looking... and the leaf tips curl down. Any ideas? I haven't watered in about 24 hours now because of the overwatering yesterday and it looks like the stem and up on the leaf stems is turning a light brown...
420-magazine-mobile135581120.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1912368988.jpg

420-magazine-mobile422082187.jpg

Okay guys, not sure if I've done something wrong but the first leaves are super wavy looking... and the leaf tips curl down. Any ideas? I haven't watered in about 24 hours now because of the overwatering yesterday and it looks like the stem and up on the leaf stems is turning a light brown...
420-magazine-mobile135581120.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1912368988.jpg

420-magazine-mobile422082187.jpg

This is either because your plant has a virus or there's some temp fluctuation causing heat stress. You can prevent further damage by cutting the top off a clear bottle, get the inside nice and wet then place it over your seedling - ta da cheap humidity dome. ..

This is either because your plant has a virus or there's some temp fluctuation causing heat stress. You can prevent further damage by cutting the top off a clear bottle, get the inside nice and wet then place it over your seedling - ta da cheap humidity dome. ..
Thanks for the quick diagnosis! I'll get the make-shift humidity dome on it tonight after work! :). Other than it looking alittle funky it sure is growing faster than I thought it would lol. I also have had a fan blowing in from the top since since sprout, is this acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom