Physical health and the quality of your high?

MarkOfCainBand

Do you think there is a link between your physical health and how weed affects you?

I know better physical health first of all makes you feel better, and also leads to better mental health so that right there is something. Good state of mind and sense of well-being would only be enhanced.

Secondly, it would stand to reason that some of the physiological effects would be better tolerated if one is healthier. The main thing that seems to freak new smokers out besides the new state of mind is the increased heart rate. If your heart is used to exercise and you have a slower resting heart rate, is it safe to assume your heart rate would either not raise as high, or you would just be better equipped to handle the increased heart rate?

Similarly, if you have a healthier respiratory system, is it possible that your lungs could clear out any bad things from smoking easier? This one I'm not so sure about though. Ultimately a healthier set of lungs has to help you if you are smoking it.

And for those who get anxious when they smoke, just the idea that you are healthier and might not have as much to worry about in those freak out moments could help. And again, the better state of mind brought upon by better physical health combined with the endorphins released from regular exercise puts you in a less anxious, happier mood.

Sorry for the novel I just wrote for you guys, but, are my thoughts on this agreeable for the most part? Or is most of this just thoughts without merit?

What are your thoughts on this subject?

You bring up some good points here. I feel it is correct that your high is enhanced when you are physically fit. At the same time, when you are really, really ill, the appreciation of the high can be profound, despite the quality of the high being diminished by ill health. I think sometimes the young take health for granted. I certainly did.

Yea I did too,I went from leading a pretty decent life with a good job a fantastic girl and within 1/100 of a second my life changed. An auto accident changed me from a normal person and at 23(too young)crippled me.Boo Hoo,I was stuck in the hospital for too long.I begged my girl to bring me some weed but she didnt want to get me in trouble.When I finally got out even though it was swag that was one of the best highs I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom