Picked up these seeds today from the Rec Store

Patents on weed strains is ridiculous. If it can even be done. The name maybe the strain no way. To prove it is theirs they would all have to have the same genetic make up from every plant. That's not going to happen without clones.

Well, you can't patent a name, but you can own it (trademark - or maybe that's for logos and such and it's copyright where names are concerned? Been decades since high school business law class...). However, when it comes to Gorilla Glue, lol, I'd think that the owner would be The Gorilla Glue Company out of Cincinnati. Since they've been selling Gorilla Glue for 20+ years.

As far as the genetics go... Monsanto :rolleyes: .

A glimpse of the 22nd century dystopia: Monsanto, Dow-DuPont, Miracle-Gro and its Hawthorne Group shell company, and Taco Bell.

Apple and Microsoft will have come to terms and, between them, installed their OS in 99.2% of the implants in people's brains (linux, still trailing in market share... still requires no real anti-virus software - but, sadly, it still doesn't work on every hardware configuration ;) ). You can tell the ones running Windows 2100 because of the little *pauses* that occur a couple times each week when a system crash causes a reboot, lol.

There'll be editorials written regularly, deploring the persecution of people who just want to grow their own meds, going to jail over a plant - because they'll still be locking people up when they catch them clandestinely growing... tobacco.

Very true GrizzWald. You can't blame the companies. Nowadays most people get what is easy and not what is best. I am amazed how little research people do on genetics.

They will buy the best lights and nutrients and use them to grow crap genetics because they did the wrong research.
A great strain and crap lights will not get you better weed than and mediocre strain and great lights.
This is true. But how can you really be sure if not for the breeders. You would hope they would put their own strain together, Which is not easy anyway. To make a new strain and market it. Good Genetics everytime I say.

Just throwing this out there, greenpoint from Colorado.. Gu the breeder has a nice stardawg male he’s doing crosses with, very frosty results... and all the reviews seem pretty stable. I ordered a pack of ten reg seeds on a reverse auction, paid 35 down from 89.99. They sent me 3 packs of ten. Worth looking into for sure..

WtF is a reverse auction? You tell the auctioneer how much he'll have to pay you in order for you to accept the product :hmmmm:? Seems like that would only be feasible if people started trying to auction off their kids, lol.

It's who can wait the longest before pulling the trigger or losing the seeds...

I must be particularly dense this evening, because that just seems like a normal auction to me. If you don't wait as long as you can before bidding, lol, some joker might decide to have a little fun at your expense by bidding against an obviously excited person who shows how badly they want the item.

Starts at retail and comes down in increments, instead of starting at postal Price and bidding towards retail...

That helps a little, thanks. So the person waits until the price suits them - but there's nothing else stopping someone else from saying, "That's low enough for me, thanks," do I have it about right?

When I was a kid, I observed Mom doing something like that a few times at local stores. They'd maybe have one or two of an item left in stock that they weren't going to continue to carry, so they'd put up a big sign and reduce the price. Next week, if they hadn't sold it/them, they'd knock off another ten bucks or ten percent. Rinse/lather/repeat.

That helps a little, thanks. So the person waits until the price suits them - but there's nothing else stopping someone else from saying, "That's low enough for me, thanks," do I have it about right?

When I was a kid, I observed Mom doing something like that a few times at local stores. They'd maybe have one or two of an item left in stock that they weren't going to continue to carry, so they'd put up a big sign and reduce the price. Next week, if they hadn't sold it/them, they'd knock off another ten bucks or ten percent. Rinse/lather/repeat.
Exactly like that, I was watching the reverse auctions through the middle of the night so it got down to 60+% off.. and I pulled the trigger. I’ve got seven of those beans going right now, fingers crossed for at least four ladies

Exactly like that, I was watching the reverse auctions through the middle of the night so it got down to 60+% off.. and I pulled the trigger. I’ve got seven of those beans going right now, fingers crossed for at least four ladies
Fingers Crossed x

where might one locate these auctions you speak of?
I’m not allowed to post a link to their site cause they’re not a 420mag sponsor, but if you search for greenpoint seeds you’ll find their site and from there it will be pretty obvious where the reverse auctions are

Goodmorning all. Where. Is the best place to get seeds. I'm talking. F1 Hybrid Regular Feminized seed. Reliable seed breeder.

Back
Top Bottom