Picking my first light

GetRealHigh

I am only going to get one light to use through both stages instead of getting two for financial reasons. I am trying to decide between two inductions lights. One is 5000Kelvin and the other is 2700Kelvin. The stores says that both will work for both the veg and flowering stages but I am trying to decide if it would better to get the 5000Kelvin or the 2700Kelvin. Which would you guys recommend? They are both 400watts.

Re: Picking my first light.

cost is 550$

I am looking at some LEDs now but I need them to meet my coverage area in that price range. I found two that list that coverage area but they don't say at what height.

Induction light is a type of light. At this 400wattage the manufacturer says they will produce an amount of light equivalent to a 2000watt HPS.

I think the manufacturer might be overselling the light. Looking at the specs side by side with LED and HID, The lamp life is about the same as most LEDs (50k-100k), The efficiency is weaker than MH and HPS, There's nothing making me excited over the technology.

Here's a chart I found:
Lamp_Life_Comparisons.jpg

What are the specs on the light you ordered?

And happy to help! My LED is doing great for me.. instead of 2 fan leaves and 2 branches at a node, I have 4. No topping or FIM done yet. It's just growing like a monster. And my light is 24" away currently.

If you have a nice LED ordered, you're going to love it.

Hey guys, I have just moved into our new place and have almost got my room set up.

I have browsed through post after post but can't find the answer I need.

I am only planning on growing six plants at a time, the laws here would crucify me if I was caught, yeah I know, don't get caught, but as it is my first indoor grow, I thought I would play it safe.

So I am tossing up whether to use a 120 cm x 120 cm x 200 cm tent with a 600 w HPS, or a 80 cm x 80 cm x 160 cm with a 400 w HPS.

Will having the bigger tent and bigger cooltube be more beneficial, or will the smaller tent and light be sufficient for my six plants?

My plan is to make enough to rid myself of the ten different medications I currently take.

80x80 tent is 31.5"x31.5" This will only allow you to grow your plants 10" x 15" / 25cm x 38cm. For this tent I would only grow 4.
120x120 tent is 47"x47" This will allow you to grow your plants 15.5" x 23.5" and is the better option for growing 6 plants. The increased height will help keep a good distance between the light and the plants.
I would suggest using the 600w HPS for this many plants.

I would still suggest you train them using LST and topping to train them to grow shorter and wide. With the 200cm tent, half of this height can easily be taken by plants alone if you allow them to grow normally. Instead, you want them to grow like shorter bushes, not tall trees, with a flat top. You want your plants to be shaped like the letter V, and not shaped like the letter A.

Back
Top Bottom