Picture - My plan for a complete grow box, need advice/suggestions!

Hal Incandnza

Here is a mockup I did for a possible growbox. I've never undertaken anything like this before, so any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

growbox12.jpg

The Box would have a wood frame and mylar lining. The dimensions would be HxWxD 6'x4'x4'

The lamp is a 55W CFL, 5,000K

1. Inline Vent fan with exhaust tubing
  2. Air intake fan
  3. 55W CFL Lamp
  4. Temp/Humidity monitor
  5. Circulation fan

That's what I've got so far. Thoughts?

Nice plan, couple things the light will work, but when she gets bigger you will have to add more light. Also the intake port needs to be twice to three times the size of exhaust port. Good luck!

55 w CFL, you could make the box 2x2x4 and would still need more light. I figure 40 to 65 watts per square foot. Use multiple intakes if you need to.

Ok, major lighting upgrade:

Will be using 2x500 watt, 6,500K Metal Halides for vegetation, and a single 1,000 watt 2,000K High pressure Sodium light with a high quality ballast, double parabolic shade. I'm also increasing the dimensions of the box to 8'x4'x6'. How does that sound? I'll update when I recieve the parts, and detial the building process (with photos). Thanks for your advice guys, I feel like I'm starting to understand the right way to grow, little by little :)

I built something similar. Take a look at my grow journal. The link is in my signature block. Pics of my grow box are on page 1.

Back
Top Bottom