Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

hi,guys just a quick question,im on to 62 days 12/12,i just done the magnifing thing,an my trichomes(mushroom shape)are clear. how long is it til they go amber/clear.should i start flushing now or wen they go amber/clear..cheers guys

first time grower here just wondering if u dont know the strain or anything about trichomes wen do u start to flush? few days after first signs of amber trich's or is there some other indicator wen you should start a 1-2 week flush?

I also think this question would be good to have a response to.
Does anyone have a rule of thumb on this matter?

first time grower here just wondering if u dont know the strain or anything about trichomes wen do u start to flush? few days after first signs of amber trich's or is there some other indicator wen you should start a 1-2 week flush?

In my opinion, which comes from 3 to 4 years of experience.. the best time to begin flushing out the medium.. is generally in the one to two weeks prior to harvest time.

For example, I personally grow with organics and nothing else. I use organic nutrients, soil, etc.. heck, I'd use organic water if there was such a thing, hehehehe.. but seriously, let me get back on track here. Some growers will tell you that since your using all organics, flushing isn't necessary.. which is all fine and good. However, I'm one of those people that truly believe in the motto 'better safe than sorry' you know.. so even with me using ALL organics.. I still stop feeding my plants 2 weeks prior to my estimated harvesting time.. just to be on the safe side, instead of sorry.

Last thing a grower wants, is to spend 60 to 90 days of their lives giving their plants the utmost love and care.. only to have a totally ruined harvest because the grower didn't take proper precautions to prevent such incidents.

I mean, each to their own.. everyone has their own 'style' of doing things when it comes to growing cannabis. But that's how I personally do things.

So, again... in a nutshell.. the best time to start flushing is generally one to two weeks prior to your estimated harvested time.

Hope that helped you out some..

peace & happy holidays!

:peace:

You need to flush based on the medium. I use rockwool so you only need about 48 hours. With soil, you need to plan ahead by 1-2 weeks. Coco is probably in between the two. The first time growing any strain is hard to get perfect, but the typical flowering times provided can help a lot!

The flexibility in flushing makes rockwool my favorite!

After years, you will recognize when stuff is 'almost done' and in need of a flush.

For me, the tougher call is when to give it ripening formula which I do prior to the flush.

In regards to the OP, I like to pull when I see tric's start to topple over, the color is not what I focus on. When I pull it's typically mostly cloudy tric's with no amber. I think I see one amber in the photo of what I consider ripe.

grapeape16.jpg

Originally Posted by BikerDude
I have NEVER in my life heard of harvesting at different times for different body highs. A plants gentetics are the plants genetics...

Biker dude is totally wrong, read Ed Rosenthal

I am new to growing but I believe I have some fine white widows, can anyone help me estimate how ripe they are? how long to harvest ??

:nomo::nomo:Looks to me as though those plants are no more than two weeks into blossom. I am not familiar with the recommended blossom time for White Widow, but assuming a 9 week cycle you have 6 to 7 weeks till those buds are as big as your wrist.:tokin:

Ditto above- you've got at least a month to go. And no matter how tempting, don't settle for "almost peak".... follow the advice here, and wait till the trichomes are your preferred colors. Remember that ~1/2 your final, harvested weight is put on in the last 2 weeks.

Aloha DH,
I also concur with everyone that said you have a ways to go before harvesting them yummy looking plants you have there. They look good and healthy but still very young. Wait and watch for another 2 months and then send some pictures. I would love to see what they look like in 2 months from now. Patience, you won't be sorry.

Aloha DH,
I also concur with everyone that said you have a ways to go before harvesting them yummy looking plants you have there. They look good and healthy but still very young. Wait and watch for another 2 months and then send some pictures. I would love to see what they look like in 2 months from now. Patience, you won't be sorry.

Hey peeps, I have really enjoyed this thread so far and of course, it is because my very first crop is maturing quickly. I have one outside plant that I am about to harvest and would like a second opinion, please - the Trichomes are getting about 50% cloudy; what do you think? It is getting chilly here in New England.

101_0436s.jpg

Is she ready?
101_0439s.jpg

I am shopping for a digital microscope and would appreciate anyone who has hands-on experience with them.

My other plants that I brought in from the cold & rain 3 weeks ago are pretty mature, too; their Trichomes on these are 50% - 75% cloudy now.
:Namaste::peace:

When you say the tricomes are turning amber, does this mean all the buds on the plant? The top buds are looking ready but the middle and lower buds are still clear to cloudy. When are they ready to harvest????

:tokin:If the top Colas are 10% to 50% Amber I have harvested the tops and Left the lower, middle for awhile and let them mature a little longer. I can't tell you I am absolutely positive it made any difference at all or that the lower, middle buds ever went amber. Pretty soon you gotta stop cutting bait and go fishing.:morenutes:

Thanks for the input...this is my second grow and I'm learning....I hear 50%-70% pistal change but no one says where on the plant you look or if it's every bud for itself...thanks again

Back
Top Bottom