Piercing the stem a week before harvest?

OnTheMove

hello everyone :)

i personally have never tried it,
but i remembered the otherday an old austrian outdoor grower told me that if you put a nail through the stem of a plant, a week before you want to harvest, then the plant produces more bud and thc because she thinks she will die soon and gets a bit stressed (shes not far wrong!)

just wondering has anyone tried this before? i havent found anything about it online..

Re: pierceing the stem a week before harvest??

It's old hippie folklore passed down through the decades. I heard the same thing in the late 60's and countless times since. Cannabis plants are annuals, their entire lifespan is one growing season so when nearing what we call harvest time the plant is dying and their singular reason to ever grow in the first place is to produce seeds to perpetuate the plant species, not to produce THC. To a plant THC is only one of many things that helps the plant survive long enough to succeed in it's one and only reason to exist and grow, to produce seeds. Even plants that are not pollinated and do not produce seeds will not alter their genetic coding by hair-brained tricks like piercing them or stripping small sections of bark off the bottom of the stem or cutting the head off a chicken and dancing naked around them and chanting while under a full moon.

...dancing naked around them and chanting while under a full moon.

I find this method more effective than piercing stems. And much more fun :goof:

must it be a live chicken?:slide:

Oh, of course. It is imperative the chicken be a living chicken. Without the chicken being alive there could be no transference of it's life force into the plant or plants to commingle, to blend thoroughly into a harmonious whole with the life force of the plant or plants thus resulting in what otherwise would have been small buds or popcorn buds growing into the size of extra large eggs.

But make sure you use a chicken and not a rooster or else the results will only be fox tails on the cola or colas.

ok thanks for the clear answer brick top! hahaha, i could very well imagine the guy who told me this to also do the chicken thing at harvest time too lol

ok thanks for the clear answer brick top! hahaha, i could very well imagine the guy who told me this to also do the chicken thing at harvest time too lol

If he does, for the sake of God and for all the members here PLEASE do not post pictures or a video of him performing the ritual. I know that at least in my case if I were to see pictures or a video of some guy waving a dead headless chicken around and chanting as he danced naked around his plants while under a full moon I would wake up screaming every night for the rest of my life.

Though with all the sickos in the world such a video would probably get millions of hits on YouTube.

Such morbid ideas. WTF.

I can fix this shit...

So here is a bunny with a pancake on his head.
pancake_bunny.jpg

The reason HST works so well is because when the plant is injured it grows more branches/grows faster to protect itself from predators. The THC is also to protect itself from predators (if an animal eats it they probably wont come back for more. Unless its my cat!)

As far as I know these two defense mechanisms are totally separate. If you want more THC look for a strain that has been bred to have high levels.

It's old hippie folklore passed down through the decades. I heard the same thing in the late 60's and countless times since. Cannabis plants are annuals, their entire lifespan is one growing season so when nearing what we call harvest time the plant is dying and their singular reason to ever grow in the first place is to produce seeds to perpetuate the plant species, not to produce THC. To a plant THC is only one of many things that helps the plant survive long enough to succeed in it's one and only reason to exist and grow, to produce seeds. Even plants that are not pollinated and do not produce seeds will not alter their genetic coding by hair-brained tricks like piercing them or stripping small sections of bark off the bottom of the stem or cutting the head off a chicken and dancing naked around them and chanting while under a full moon.
I can see planting on the solstace or a full moon but driving a spike into my precious plant is absurd, whats next?
Nail it to a cross for 3 days?

Back
Top Bottom