Pigeon420's Return To Perpetual Gardening: A Video & Visual Journal

Introduction

Hello to everyone! What a pleasure it is to make a return to 420 Magazine and perpetual journaling. It’s been far too long since I created a journal and I feel that now is the time more than ever. This is the place where the name “Pigeons420” was defined and I cannot wait to meet some new people and begin some new adventures. So, please take a seat, sit back and prepare for an adventure of conversation, excitement and everything else related to cannabis.

The Operation

My garden is an indoor operation and consists of two rooms about 10’x10’. The operation consists of two rooms. There’s a room for veg and a room for flower. Within the veg room there is a seedling area that houses anything under 2 weeks old and the main vegging area for everything else. These rooms are in my house in the basement. It’s taken a long time to get to this point and I have much farther to go. When it comes to the beauty of this room I have to thank my wife. Although she hasn’t directly assisted with the construction or the labour of the routine, she’s certainly one tolerant woman. My garden takes up a significant portion of our house and if it wasn’t for her patience and approval none of this could be possible. So here’s to you babe:circle-of-love:

Lights

The veg room is powered by a majority of Metal Halide lights ranging from 250W - 600W.
The Flower Room is powered by two 1000 W HPS lights vented directly outside. I have a feeling that this could be changing very quickly to something new :slide:stay tuned for more details!

Nutrients

I use the entire line up of Remo Nutrients. Been using this line for over a year and I’m proud to say that I’m a huge proponent of this stuff. I’ve been a fan of Urbanremo for some time and It’s only fitting that his product is in my garden.
1F856CF9-C73E-43C3-B35D-DB7A126DA2CE.jpeg

If you notice there’s an odd bottle. I ran out of Remo’s “Magnifical” and was unable to source it out locally so I purchased Advanced Nutrients cal-mag supplement. So, far it’s doing just as I hoped.
Watering: when it comes to watering I like to follow an alternate routine. Meaning I’ll water one day and then feed the next time. Water, feed, water, feed etc. if I find I’m having deficiencies I’ll increase the amount slightly before increasing the frequency. If I’m having abundances I’ll decrease the amount of nutrients rather than decreasing the frequency. Does that make any sence? :hmmmm:
I keep a water resevouir and hand mix all my nutrients. It’s a little cumbersome but it eliminates the chances of wasting anything.

Strains

This journal will be an array of strains. I’ve never been one to commit to any one particular strain and I consider myself on the hunt for the greatest strain. That count continues however I’ve yet to be discontent with any that I’ve tried.

In this particular round there is a mix of Chocolate Thai (Sativa dominate) and Jabb Stash (indica dominate). These are regular seeds so I’m hoping for an abundance of females.

In the Flower Room I’m quickly approaching the harvest of Special Queen and Blueberry HeadBand.
Both of these girls were auto flowers. I’m not one for autos myself however it looks as if things have been going rather smoothly this round.
146AF740-40A8-4A42-A91B-33C8C9045BA0.jpeg

(Special Queen week 6)

The Details

Temperatures in the Flower Room and a touch high. They range from 80F with the lights off to 86F with the lights on. The Veg Room is a bit cooler 75F lights off and 81-83F lights on.
Although the temps in the Flower Room are a bit high, I don’t run an A/C unit but just the exhaust/in-line fans and the ossolating fans. So, I don’t think firing up the A/C is worth the $$$ for a few degrees. I’m sure as production increases there will come a time for it but, not now.

Bugs: have been a recent issue of mine. First it started with a small amount of thrips. Then, after receiving a clone from a local grower, I began to see spider mites... What a stressful time the last few months have been. I had them under control, then out of control, then under control, then finally chopped everything and threw it in the garbage. Did a complete wipe down. Just to find the little buggers again.
I know I have issues that continue to attract them. My garden at this time is not air tight and sealed from the outside world. I have things in the rooms that shouldn’t be there. Like unnessesary shelving that creates surfaces and little areas for them to hide. This stuff needs to be addressed before I can expect real results.

Another issue is that living in Canada restricts the amount of resources I can use to control the situation. My government restricts access of most pesticides whether organic or not. Making it difficult to find the right products.

I do use Neem Oil as both a foliar application and soil drench. But would like to get my hands on Azamax and SNS 203.

Soil & Pots

I’ve been using Pro Mix HP for almost as long as I’ve been growing. It’s affordable, works great and I can find it locally. Really it’s just a substance to hold water and it’s not bad. When I first started growing I was using Miracle-Gro soil with time released nutrients but quickly learned that if I want to take full control of my plants I needed a medium that had no nutrients so I could add my own.
I made the switch to fabric pots very early in my gardening career and I’m glad I did. Fabric pots have been great in helping to promote strong and healthy plants. The idea of air pruning the roots is great when developing a healthy root system. Plus storing fabric pots is WAY easier than storing plastic ones! So, I have a nice collection of Geo Pots at my disposal. I’ve tried some other brands but they just don’t match up the the thickness and quality of Geo Pots.

HERE WE GO!

Well I think I’ve gone on long enough. I can’t explain how excited I am to sit down and document my gardening once again. My journey started at 420 Magazine and it’s only fitting that we continue the journey and celebrate our successes together! So, here’s to you guys and the family we have here because this party is about to get fired up!!:ganjamon::bong:

LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!

Video Tour of my Garden

No shit I was searchn you last night and seen you pop up in my search. Lol

I was lookn at the ways growers cure and if there was ever an actual test done or if anyone cured indoor differently than outdoor. You got a bunch on there about curing thanks for taking the time and showing us
I also use the Pro Mix MP in my outdoor soil mixture. Good shit. Worth $..

Whaaaaat. PIGEONS! I love your videos man. You are the MAIN reason I came to this site (You introduced me, I lurked and now shall never leave lol). Ive chucked a few questions and thrown in some input on couple of your live vids aswell. You have helped me a huge deal and am happy as a pig in excrement that you are back to the blog!

cheers pidger,, nice to say hello

In like Gin. Try and keep me away. Good to have you back brother. :passitleft:

And now I'm all caught up. Let's do this.
always a pleasure to see you my friend. Congratulations on your 420 moderating position! I couldn’t think of a better guy for the job!!

I'll take front row for this. Welcome back Pigeon!:passitleft:
Hi Turbo! Please make yourself comfortable. I’m really excited to get back into the swing of things here and I’m glad you get a front row seat!

Much love my friend.

Count me in. Anxious to watch your grow.

cheeers
Hi Zincite,
Nice to meet you. Please make yourself comfortable. We’re gonna have a lot of fun here!!

No shit I was searchn you tube last night and seen you pop up in my search. Lol

I was lookn at the ways growers cure and if there was ever an actual test done or if anyone cured indoor differently than outdoor. You got a bunch on there about curing thanks for taking the time and showing us
I also use the Pro Mix MP in my outdoor soil mixture. Good shit. Worth $..

Thanks for the love Tattoodlineman. I sure appreciate it.
Pro Mix is a great product. Does the job well.

It doesn’t surprise me that I pop up in the search. There’s a lot of me out there. Haha.

Great to meet you My frien!

Interesting

Hear SweetSue rave about ya

I'll take a seat on this one for sure

Hi Chris,

Susan and I have been doing this together for a long time. I honestly feel like we started this journey together. I can’t count how many times I’ve sent people her direction and can’t count how many people have come my way from hers. Haha were a big family here and it’s an incredible feeling to be apart of.
Glad you’re here. I look forward to getting to know you!

Whaaaaat. PIGEONS! I love your videos man. You are the MAIN reason I came to this site (You introduced me, I lurked and now shall never leave lol). Ive chucked a few questions and thrown in some input on couple of your live vids aswell. You have helped me a huge deal and am happy as a pig in excrement that you are back to the blog!

Wow thanks for the love and support, it means a lot. I’m glad you’ve found this place. It’s a great place to call home and the people here are second to none. I can already tell you’re helping to make this place special so please stop by as often as you can and feel free to throw some comments.

Take care we’ll keep in touch!

I'll take a seat I've seen you on you tube also.

Please get comfortable Jax it’s about to get crazy here!! Haha

Good setup

Well I’ll be, if it wasn’t SmokeSara!! What a delight to see you swing through here! It’s so nice to see you.
I’m going to have to track down your journal and tag along.
Thanks for swinging by!

cheers pidger,, nice to say hello

None other than the notorious Nivek himself! Wow buddy, how have you been? Nice to see you still doin the deeds bro! Hope you’re well. I’m gonna have to find your journal as well!

Thanks for stopping by! Can’t wait to hear about what you’ve been up to!!

always a pleasure to see you my friend. Congratulations on your 420 moderating position! I couldn’t think of a better guy for the job!!

Hi Turbo! Please make yourself comfortable. I’m really excited to get back into the swing of things here and I’m glad you get a front row seat!

Much love my friend.

Hi Zincite,
Nice to meet you. Please make yourself comfortable. We’re gonna have a lot of fun here!!

Thanks for the love Tattoodlineman. I sure appreciate it.
Pro Mix is a great product. Does the job well.

It doesn’t surprise me that I pop up in the search. There’s a lot of me out there. Haha.

Great to meet you My frien!

Hi Chris,

Susan and I have been doing this together for a long time. I honestly feel like we started this journey together. I can’t count how many times I’ve sent people her direction and can’t count how many people have come my way from hers. Haha were a big family here and it’s an incredible feeling to be apart of.
Glad you’re here. I look forward to getting to know you!

Wow thanks for the love and support, it means a lot. I’m glad you’ve found this place. It’s a great place to call home and the people here are second to none. I can already tell you’re helping to make this place special so please stop by as often as you can and feel free to throw some comments.

Take care we’ll keep in touch!

Please get comfortable Jax it’s about to get crazy here!! Haha

Well I’ll be, if it wasn’t SmokeSara!! What a delight to see you swing through here! It’s so nice to see you.
I’m going to have to track down your journal and tag along.
Thanks for swinging by!

None other than the notorious Nivek himself! Wow buddy, how have you been? Nice to see you still doin the deeds bro! Hope you’re well. I’m gonna have to find your journal as well!

Thanks for stopping by! Can’t wait to hear about what you’ve been up to!!
Nice one Pigeons. Glad to see ya still running the jab stash

Found you! :yahoo:

Ahhh..... and all my friends are here too. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

That calls for a hoot, or two. Lol!

:bongrip::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom