Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

Welcome everyone to another one of my journals. Thank you for taking the time to take a look at my garden, everyone's welcome!

I'm hoping that this is my last journal in the sense that it never ends. I currently have 2 journals on the go and I have so much going on outside of those journals that I would like to start a journal that could include my outside adventures and continue on and on.

Before I get started, I can't forget where I came from and what its taken me to get this far; rather who its taken me to get this far. The "who" is you! if you're reading this right now, chances are you had a hand in helping me get to this point. Whether you fed the information to me directly or simply just signed up to the 420Magazine, which allows them to keep this place performing the magic that it does. And allows for people like me to continue learning more and more. The atmosphere around here is so comforting and supportive. At first I was a bit intimidated, but soon that changed to a feeling of embrace. Thank you :love:

So, if your reading this and you haven't created a journal yet. Go, do it! The sooner you start putting your thoughts and progress to the people around here, the sooner your knowledge begins to grow. But perhaps knowledge isn't your thing? There are a number of members here that know ALOT but I believe they stick around because of the friendships and relationships they've created. This place is full of wonderful people pursuing a common path looking to spread the knowledge. So, what are you waiting for? Go get started!

Now, here I go. Since I have so much going on I will break the introduction into 2 categories. Flower Room and Veg Room. Currently, I have 3 in the Flower Room and 2 in the Veg Room.

GROW ROOM

STRAIN

Anesthesia(auto)

- This Northern Lights X Black Domina mix is an extremely physical, Indica-dominant hybrid with a 17% THC rating, 500-gram yields and a 55 to 60 day finish. With just a touch of Sativa to make things interesting, Anesthesia Seeds do more than take the edge off - this kind of power is like cracking walnuts with a sledgehammer!
image26019.jpg

Critical Hog

- This is a commercial grower's dream. Very easy to grow and a huge yield. The Tennessee HOG meets the Basque Country Critical Mass. Due to the huge buds make sure the room is well ventilated and if grown outdoors kept out of the heavy late season rain falls.
image26017.jpg

Green Crack

- Green Crack has it all, strength, potency, yield and all in the shortest of flowering time. THC of 18% and a short flowering time of 8 Weeks
image26018.jpg

VEG ROOM

Mataro Blue

- The colour of this plant changes from a green-purple into green-blue at the end of the flowering. This change is more evident with a cold climate, when the plant becomes electric blue. It's suggested to use some support to hold the buds because they will grow very big and the heavy bunches of flowers will surprise you. THC of 24%.
image26015.jpg

Flower Bomb Kush

- Extremely strong, very relaxing on the body at first, then more cerebral, social, giggly, creative. Very complex. Green Crack x OG Kush | 70% Indica - 30% Sativa.
image26016.jpg

SOIL

I can't start off my soil description without out mentioning my roots...:rofl:.. I started using Miracle Gro and I had some great results. I loved that I could grow a plant and not need any nutrients. I just watered and watched her grow. However, with that said, I have decided it's time to move on. I need to take control of every aspect of my grow. So, I can provide myself with the best more effective medication I can. Now, in order to take control, I needed to switch to a soil that did not have any added nutrients. because, it is very difficult to get those nutrients out of the medication before harvest. So, your smoking those nutrients rather then the medication.

I have switched to HP ProMix with high porosity. Now, I have a soil that has no added nutrients so what it's easier to understand what's in my meds. And I can flush it out when necessary. I start most seeds in their final pot (5 Gallon Geo Pot). However, this time I have started in a 3 Gallon Geo Pot and then will transplant to 5 Gallon because I don't have enough 5 gallon Geo Pots yet.
image25150.jpg
image25151.jpg

Lights

I start my seed in soil under CFLs on a 24 hour light cycle. The girls in Veg are still on a 24 hour light cycle and their on week 5 and 8. But, what's exciting is that I have now purchased a 1000W HPS grow light. It is air cooled with a 250 CFM inline fan system. I also use a 400W HPS and a 250W HPS for a total of 1650W of HPS. I use the 1000W HPS in the middle of my room with the other 2 lights of to each side to give supplemental lights. This is the most I have ever ran. I'm more than excited to get this under way. (Just waiting on the inline fan and carbon filter.)
image25999.jpg
image26013.jpg

Temp/RH

Temperatures is the room range between 65F when lights are off and 85F when lights are on. I try and keep my humidity at about 40-50% during veg and between 20%-30% during flower. I have dialed in my grow room quite well. However, I have limited to no experience running this air cooled HPS so, I hope that I can still maintain those same temperatures. If not maybe a bit less.

PH of Reservoir

Due to my line of nutrients, my guideline says to keep my PH between 6 and 6.5. And that's exactly what I do. Starting to store my water in a reservoir was the first step in my adventure of growing. And I can say that all of everything I have gotten into started with correcting my water. And it just went out of control from there. I spent hundreds of dollars on nutrients, lights, humidifiers and soils. So, grab a tote and put a fish pump in it and treat your water. it's so worth it!
image22993.jpg

Water and Nutrients
image25097.jpg

My nutrients are by far the biggest accomplishment so far in my experience of growing. Also, the most expensive. I have spent about 300$ on all of those bottles. but, they pay for themselves. I have come so far from my Miracle Gro that I am glad that I finally have a nutrient that I can control. It's nice to know exactly what's going into your plant and this, for me, has been a great way to start. I follow a feed water program. it's alternative.

Security

It's important to keep yourself and your family safe.
image26014.jpg

THANK YOU

If you have read this so far, I cant thank you enough. You have taken the time to read about something I am so passionate about. And it excites me to get other excited about this hobby. I have made many friends on this forum and I couldn't be more appreciative. The people around here are awesome, caring, supportive and incredibly inspiring. Marijuana changed my life and so have you!

re: Pigeons420 Flies the Koupe & Goes Perpetual in 2015

Thanks Weasel! Please make yourself comfortable. I have lots of new stuff for this journal and I cant wait for it to get started!

Thanks for pulling up the first chair, Holmes!

HOLY COW! A 1000 WATT!! :cheer::thedoubletake::drool::popcorn::yahoo:

I cant wait to see this!!!! Congrats on your purchase Pigeons! I now have two 600 watts myself and love them! If power wasnt an issue I would have two 1000 watts! Have you fired up all three of your lights yet? Im curious as the other two HID are not air cooled? My air cooled 600 runs 4-6 degrees hotter in my small closet when on.

Subbed and cant wait to see whats to come!

Alright Pigeons. Well-timed. Subbed.

Nice LIGHT.

I like to watch. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I see those temps rising with the 1000w. I am interested in seeing how those temps are and what you need to do to control them. I am having a slight issue in my room and I am trying to get it dialed in.

New toys and all the trimmings. Looks like fun. :) Can't wait to see your progress :peace:

Wow thanks for the support, Friends! I can't express how joyed I am that you are all here to join me!

I have not yet turned on the 1000W yet. Did I mention it's dimmable? Wow, something new! I feel like a small child watching a triple scoop ice cream melt in the scorching heat, and I cant eat it. :rofl:

I'm waiting on the inline fan first before I get all crazy and plug it in. I am well to experienced at making mistakes and killing all my plants if I'm not to patient. When I rush It tends to bite me in the arse. So, this is to be avoided. Plus the fan should be here in the next few days.

HOLY COW! A 1000 WATT!! :cheer::thedoubletake::drool::popcorn::yahoo:

I cant wait to see this!!!! Congrats on your purchase Pigeons! I now have two 600 watts myself and love them! If power wasnt an issue I would have two 1000 watts! Have you fired up all three of your lights yet? Im curious as the other two HID are not air cooled? My air cooled 600 runs 4-6 degrees hotter in my small closet when on.

Subbed and cant wait to see whats to come!

Thank you!!

I really feel like I'm taking it to the next level. The other 2 are not air cooled. This will be a bit of an experiment in terms of what temperatures I will be achieving. If worse comes to worse I will be eliminating one of them. probably the 400W because its the hottest.

I'm in! Batman, Promix and a 1000w light? How could I miss this!?!

haha I don't go far without his surveillance. Glad you're entertained.. I hope to blow all my expectations!

Alright Pigeons. Well-timed. Subbed.

Nice LIGHT.

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

No journal of mine is complete without your presence, Susan! You've been with me from the beginning of my experience here and you've had one of the greatest impacts on me. I've really found a friend in you and I'm thankful we're taking this journey together. :love:

Since the 1000 is cooled, as long as you can duct the air out, I bet your temp will be fine. I have a 600 in a TINY grow room and it works fine. Without the fan, it gets over 100 degrees in less than an hour. With the fan, I can keep it at the ambient air temp + a few degrees.

Now that's reassuring! Ideally I would like to run all 3 lights and keep at 85-90 tops. Seems a bit extreme but I am able to keep the humidity at 30-35%. So I think that compensates.

Wow thanks for the support, Friends! I can't express how joyed I am that you are all here to join me!

I have not yet turned on the 1000W yet. Did I mention it's dimmable? Wow, something new! I feel like a small child watching a triple scoop ice cream melt in the scorching heat, and I cant eat it. :rofl:

I'm waiting on the inline fan first before I get all crazy and plug it in. I am well to experienced at making mistakes and killing all my plants if I'm not to patient. When I rush It tends to bite me in the arse. So, this is to be avoided. Plus the fan should be here in the next few days.

Must be nice! My 1000w is like 10 years old and sends the whole neighborhood into a brown-out when it cranks up...lol

Haha :rofl:
I'm just hoping now that it's air cooled and vented outside that I don't rank up the neighborhood with the lovely smell of cannabis. (Carbon filter to come)

Wow yes, Ottawa, glad you made it! That didn't take you too much time at all! You know you're an inspiration of mine! You can work some beautiful magic! I'm just trying. To keep up haha

Back
Top Bottom