pinching??

quiyettoker

if anyone knows, i've been searching and searching for more info on this subject. Does any 1 have detailed instruction how to do this,hook a brotha up man

not that kind of pinching but the technique of clipping a leaf to make more branching which makes more budding sites instead of one main cola

can i do that in vegg or flower?? because i have a plant outside so i pinched it about an hour ago, i'll let yall know what happened to it in couple of days

Well it all depends on how big you want the new tops to get. Basically, if I were to top MY plant I would do it after a month or so of vegging, but im no pro. I actually topped a plant in the 2nd week of growth... check out my grow journal, it might help you out:
beensmokin420's journal

so my understanding is that i should wait about a month( my plant is outdoor, around 2 foot) then pinch it by cutting the top off or just cutting the tip a 45 degree angle to have some more growing tips( the plant has big fan leaves, i believe it is a indica but i have no clue of the strain, bagseeds i got from my homie. I need more help with how exactly to pinch the plant, i hope im not pissn u off with these questions, i looked all over this piece tryin to get this info, HELP THIS BROTHA OUT FELLOW GROW FRIENDS!!!!

First off man your not in any way bothering me, LOL! Thats what we are all here for. :Rasta:

I PMed you a pic on how to FIM a plant.

You can TOP it now b/c its already 2FT tall and outdoors, it will have plenty of time to form colas.

In all honesty I still don't quite understand the difference on how to FIM and how to TOP, I just know that if you FIM it correctly it will form more than 2 TOPS. Anything less than 3 colas means you topped it, kinda just a guessing game, after all, FIM does mean 'Fuck I Missed'.

What I do is just cut the new growth forming at the very top of the plant almost all the way off. You just gotta wait and see if you did it correctly. Don't be affraid to 'take a little off the top' :smokin:

In my opinion you should try and FIM it b/c if you do it wrong you didnt mess anything up plus the added bonus of more colas if you did do it correctly.

Hope this helps. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom