Pineapple Chunk - Cheap Fridge Grow - Soil - CFL

I also wanna ask about defoliating, my thoughts are this:
The more leaves the more energy is used(?) but the more leaves the more photosynthesis so at what point do you defoliate? Because on the fluxing method page i notice there aren't that many leaves and that you have cut them off what benefit does this offer?

Just defoliated and my plant now looks a lot like light addicts flux plant. I also found some ladybirds for the garden.
20131025_144125.jpg
20131025_144141.jpg
20131025_144228.jpg

Heres my plant next to Light addicts fluxed plant to show a resemblence
20131025_144133.jpg
20131024_1358001.jpg

After defoliating its growing really fast, there are 3 new growth sites coming from the fimmed part. I'm wondering how fast the flowers/buds will start coming through?
20131028_172114.jpg

There is no free lunch, everything you do has consequences. The whole battle of growing is learning how much and what kinds of stressors are counterproductive or beneficial to our goals. Some people are big fans of defoliation, some are not. However, to get to your specific question, yes you can, but if you do too much or too often it will slow progress and may cause bigger problems like hermaphrodism. Now, the next logical question is "how much is too much?" and the answer is, nobody knows.

I'm currently steering away from defoliation because I have questions about what kind of tangible benefits it actually produces and the logic behind it seems somewhat flawed to me. But having said that, there are a whole lot of very good growers that swear by it and have magnificent results. I tend to believe that their results are in spite of defoliation rather than because of it, but I digress. Seems like you are trying to emulate one of LA's grows for now, so why don't you ask him what his defoliation schedule is and try it.

Back
Top Bottom