Pineapple Chunk Hydro Grow From Seeds

Reducing the daylight hours may improve them in some ways, but it's also known to decrease yield. So it's kind of a balancing act. I don't see many people reduce below 10 hours.

That's something to think about. But since I will be down on yield anyway, might as well try for a quality difference. :) And this would seem to be the best time to experiment.

I'm not 100% sure reducing the lighting will increase overall quality. It might though. It helps my sativas finish more decisively. It definitely appears to bring out more color in my pineapple chunk. I'm not sure if it has made a difference in potency at all. I'm still experimenting with it. Anyway- well worth researching more. It's still not a very well explored method it seems to me. You will find people who say it's a 'good thing', but it's hard to find concrete info.

I'm not 100% sure reducing the lighting will increase overall quality. It might though. It helps my sativas finish more decisively. It definitely appears to bring out more color in my pineapple chunk. I'm not sure if it has made a difference in potency at all. I'm still experimenting with it. Anyway- well worth researching more. It's still not a very well explored method it seems to me. You will find people who say it's a 'good thing', but it's hard to find concrete info.

I'm going to try it, so I can judge for myself. The logic behind it makes sense to me. Being that the seeds were photo-period seeds, and it 12 hours of darkness which triggers flowering, so adding time to the dark period to trigger the plant to think its getting even closer to the end may trigger additional defensive response, and for Cannabis that would be more resin! I'm now thinking that perhaps the best way would be to hold off with the gradual reduction and wait till I'm 2 weeks out and just change to 10 hours in one shot. The shock of the light change may boost the reaction in the final phase of bloom.

Day 63 Update:
We're on the home stretch now. 3 to 4 weeks until harvest. My three plants are doing well, the other two have changed very little. I pulled one pot out of its bucket(difficult) and I didn't see any roots. I think there might be a root problem with the two runts. I am brewing up some Beneficial Bacteria Tea to try to help them, but I'm afraid its probably too late for them at this stage. Worth a try though. Here are the pictures. Today I went to the tent just as the lights were coming on and turned off the 1000W HPS and took these pictures under the fluorescents. This was done at night so the exposure wasn't that great, I'll try again the morning when the lights are going off and its daylight out.

Overview:
P1015040_edited.jpg

This is the bud from the back left plant: It's pretty beefy.
P1015041_edited.jpg

This is a close up of the main cola on the front right plant.
P1015042.JPG

Here is a picture of the whole plant. Since she will still be growing in April, I think I might enter her in the Plant of the Month Contest. First week in April will probably be her prime week.
P1015044_edited.jpg

Here is a close up of one of the secondary cola on the right front plant. There are 8 of them this size on this plant.
P1015045.JPG

Nice picture capturing both flowers.
P1015046.JPG

Lovely fat buds on your best one for sure....and the others don't look too bad eiter:goodjob:
The two in the back are doing well, the other two are lost causes, maybe the buds will still be good, though the yield will be minuscule. I've always grown clones in the past so all the plants pretty much look the same. Maybe the PC genetics are still unreliable for a consistent outcome. 1 Hermie, and two runts (may not be the seeds fault here, I will have to do a post mortem), 50% success is not what I expected.

I think I am going to go with a more mature strain in my next grow. Not giving up on seeds. I wish I had room to keep a mother, but I don't and I like variety so there's that. This one is almost over, and I will probably need to do another grow after the summer is over. I am going to grow a single plant in the interim.

Hey dontscrewitup sorry been gone for awhile, but man does this garden look nice. The buds have gotten nice and chunky!! Hows thise pineapples smelling about now? I started a new journal worth taking a look at got some new things going on. So what do you think your going to pull out this grow this time? Everything is looking real nice and tasty and look forward to seeing how they continue to fatten up!!

Hey dontscrewitup sorry been gone for awhile, but man does this garden look nice. The buds have gotten nice and chunky!! Hows thise pineapples smelling about now? I started a new journal worth taking a look at got some new things going on. So what do you think your going to pull out this grow this time? Everything is looking real nice and tasty and look forward to seeing how they continue to fatten up!!

In the past I have gotten over 750 gr dry. With one going hermie and two runts, I think I will be lucky to get 400gr. The smell is incredible, and the buds are really firm, I'm very happy with the quality.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

update?
shouldve just took cuttings off the best 1s before flower, big cuttings, rooted them and fkd the runts off.
Also fks me off how expensive seeds are yet so un reliable.
Could be a case of phenotypes here too.

Back
Top Bottom